Sneeze Fetish Forum

Question about posting a link for donations?

Anonymouse

My boyfriend recently created a greennote account. The site allows potential donors to browse the profiles of people who want to go to college but do not have the financial means to do so, and donate if they choose.

My boyfriend is broke. He is currently unemployed, but not for lack of trying. He wants to take Berklee's online music courses to get a jazz guitar degree, which is $7000 altogether ($6300 if you pay it all at once.) As much as I'd love to just use my next few paychecks and pay for the whole thing myself, I need that money for gas, food, bills, etc. There's only so much I can do to help. I feel very fortunate that my parents starting saving money from before I was even born to help me pay for college. He had a completely different upbringing, so it's been a lot more difficult for him. I'm proud of him for trying everything he can to get a job, even just something part-time, and it sucks that his hard work just isn't paying off. I'd like to see him get what he deserves for once.

I was wondering if it would be okay to post a link to his greennote account here, or if there were rules against asking for donations for personal stuff like this. I feel like I'm trying to sell Girl Scout cookies or something lol. Of course I'd also post videos or recordings of him playing once we're able to record some, so people can see for themselves if they'd even want to donate. :laugh: He's really good and I can only imagine how much better he'd be with formal training.

Thanks in advance to whoever can answer this for me. :)

Archived