Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Movie Mismatch Game

resolution

Here is a sequel to the Movie Quote game, this one requires a little more creativity though.

Here are the rules. The first person clues everyone in to some movie that they have in mind by describing a scenario in that movie, but inserting characters from other movies that the actors have played in the place of the ones in the actual movie.

Here is a really easy example: The Penguin teaches the Terminator how to dress cool.

answer: Twins, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito.

The person who guesses correctly then gives one of their own

So I'll start it off with this one: Ferris Bueller orders Malcom X to be beaten with a whip. laugh.png

I wanna say Glory, starring Matthew Broderick and Denzel Washington.

And here's mine: Jayne Cobb shoots an alien attacking Lieutenant Commander Data.

Since a knowledge of at least three different movies is necessary to get the clues, we won't make searcing/googling illegal, but knowing off the top of your head is always best.

Good clue Tma, I think it's a tough one to get it without searching because hardly any of us remember Jenny's last name. smile.png

Oh!

Princess Bride!

(Cary Elwes, Robin Wright Penn, and Wallace Sean, right? I admit I had to do some minor googling to confirm Wallace Sean = Bertrum!)

And mine:

Martin Luther and Pepper Potts impress M with their play

Shakespeare in Love (Joseph Fiennes, Gweneth Paltrow, Judi Dench). Good one.

Let's see...Horatio Hornblower works with Sherlock and Dumbledore to get a law passed.

I am guessing this without checking so I'm sorry if it's wromg, but= .....

Amazing Grace [Joan Gruffudd, B Cumberbatch and Michael Gambon]

My go....... Hannibal Lecter angrily accuses James Bond of dumping him, overheard by the hidden King Arthur.

Oh dear, this is such fun and I really didn't mean to kill it.

Let's try again.....

Captain von Trapp and the Queen are assisted in a final journey by Mr Tumnus.

I'd been planning on giving your first one another day, then looking it up. Looks like you beat me to it (what was your original one, by the way? I think the problem was there are multiple James Bonds and King Arthurs out there) Anyway, this one is The Last Station, an excellent choice considering this forum.

My turn, I guess. Um...Gilderoy Lockheart and Phoebus go to South America and hang out with a horse and an armadillo, among others.

(and it's not a big deal, but I just take this actor very seriously...it's "Ioan" Gruffudd, not "Joan" Gruffudd)

Ooh, I wanna say The Road to El Dorado, with Kenneth Branagh and Kevin Kline.

Here's mine. Sorry if it's a little vague. I'm tired and I can't think of anything else. xD

Maverick, Shaun and Hawkeye undergo various shenanigans in Dubai after Carmine Falcone informs them they've been disavowed by the US government.

You're right, it was Road to El Dorado. I really liked that movie as a kid.

Your movie is Mission Impossible; Ghost Protocol, with Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner and...I'm not sure who the last actor is.

Next up; Magneto becomes the ruler of a country, and kills Iron Man to do it.

I *think* it's "Richard III" starring Iam McKellen and Robert Downey Jr.

Randall Winston and Jane Spofford have a blowout and get seduced by Pennywise the Dancing Clown while trying to find help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen the movie in question (I know, I know, cult classic, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet), and I don't know who two of the actors are, but I believe this movie is The Rocky Horror Picture Show, with Tim Curry.

Sirius Black is a dangerous supernatural being who is in love with Call, and imprisions her fiance Neo in his home while trying to avoid being caught by Hannibal Lecter.

I'm gonna say one of the many adaptations of Dracula, this particular one with Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves and Anthony Hopkins. I'm honestly a little impressed that someone other than my insane self remembers Alien Resurrection...

Jonathan Crane and Steve Rogers fly a spaceship into the sun while Lord Blackwood tries to stop them.

Sunshine! With Cillian Murphy, Chris Evans and Mark Strong. (Love that movie <3)

Charlie Chaplin befriends and writes an article about a homeless Django.

Oh! That's Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx in "The Soloist"!

Jack Dawson leads a team including Robert Todd Lincoln, Juno, and Bane into a dream world.

Inception! Though I only know two of the actors.

Iron Man seduces Spider-Man, while Gordon Gekko angsts.

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder Boys? I had to Google it, sorry...

Okay, this one's pretty easy but so fun to write:

Wolverine is on the run from Gladiator and rescues Catwoman's daughter from the care of Borat and the Queen of Hearts. The daughter grows up to star in Mama Mia!

• 1 month later...

Les Misérables? Starring Hugh Jackman, Russel Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter.

Okay, since I'm out of creativity:

Jody from Pulp Fiction and Jareth the Goblin King decide to rob their workplace.

The Linguini Incident, starring Rosanna Arquette and David Bowie (<3).

Q composes music while Lord Elrond pulls double-duty as a scary nurse and the devil.

'Cloud Atlas' (Ben Whishaw and Hugo Weaving.....this took me a while to figure out!!)

Smaug rapes a little girl but Dr. Nicholas Garrigan is accused instead and is separated from Anna Karenina.

"Atonement": Benedict Cumberbatch, James McAvoy, and Kiera Knightly.

The Hulk tries to stop John Conner from choosing the same poor life choices he did.

American History X, with Edward Norton and Edward Furlong!

Rainman teaches Gulliver to find inner peace while Grendel's Mother kicks some serious ass and Sirius Black lets us see his peacock.

It sounds like Kung Fu Panda 2 to me. With Dustin Hoffman, Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Gary Oldman.

Elrond, King Edward VIII and General Zod head for a gig in a tour bus.

Archived