Sneeze Fetish Forum

I'm looking for songs...

Chanel_no5

... more specifically romantic ballads. Please share!

I'm partial to classic, pompous power ballads, like those Whitney Houston and Celine Dion used to sing, but I like rock ballads almost as much. Not very fond of "rap ballads" or what I should call them, though. It's really not my cup of tea. I like some more classic stuff!

Any suggestions? :)

I don't think I really know any classic ballads, but I'll list off all the rock ones I know. xD

Here I Am by Bryan Adams

Forever by Kiss (They also did this live with a symphony orchestra, on the album Kiss Symphony: Alive IV. That might be more to your liking.)

The Flame by Cheap Trick

This is Life by Dream Theater

The Answer Lies Within also by Dream Theater

About To Crash, Goodnight Kiss and Solitary Shell from Dream Theater's Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence rock opera. (Yes, I like Dream Theater. It's cool stuff.)

Love Reign O'er Me by The Who

Most of I've Seen All Good People by Yes (the second half goes out with a bang, but the beginning is good ballad stuff.)

That's all I've got for now, but I can keep digging around if you want.

When i see you smile by Bad English is a pretty good song- not many people know about it but i would highly recommend it :)

The Girl by City And Colour :heart:

Dosed by Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Warmness On The Soul by Avenged Sevenfold

There are lots more, all of them are kinda rock love songs, and they're all beautiful :)

There's a great song by Barbra Streisand I think you'll like! Called "Prisoner". Joe Bonamassa does a more rock-y version you might want to check out too. :)

OH, I just remembered one. How could I even forget?

Kiss From A Rose by Seal. That's probably the best I've got. xD

I don't really understand these categories, but how can one go wrong with .....

There ain't no sweet man that's worth the salt of my tears.

Prepare to be bombarded...

*Broken, by Amy Lee and Seether. My favorite song of all time with gorgeous use of strings.

*Per Te, by Josh Groban. More operatic than rock, but it's magnificently dramatic.

*Hanging by a Moment, by Lifehouse. A good example of "cheerfully" romantic.

*Diamonds for Tears, by Poets of the Fall. Lovely sound with clever lyrics.

*Keep Holding On, by Avril Lavigne. Yeah, it's an older pop song, but I still think it's cute.

*Broken, this time by Lifehouse. There are two different versions of this song, but both of them are romantic in their own way.

*You and Me, also by Lifehouse. It's got a very waltz-like quality to it.

*Love Song for a Vampire, by Annie Lennox. I'm not sure if this is what you meant by "power ballad", but I think it's the closest thing I've got that's not "My Heart Will Go On."

*Wherever You Will Go, by The Calling. It's got that nice "longing" quality.

*Remember, by Josh Groban. Talk about powerful vocals.

...Ten is probably more than enough for your purposes, isn't it?

Out of curiosity, do you want these for a project, or do you just want some new songs for your collection?

Some of them I already have, but wow, I definitely have a lot of new songs to check out (listen...out...?) now! Thanks guys!! Keep 'em coming! :D

Nah, just looking for new songs. I've been anti-romance for quite some time now and finally I realised that I'm getting way, way romantic again, but most of the songs I have on my computer are, well... less ballad-y than I crave at the moment. ^_^

Just thought of some more which are incredibly romance ballads- 'Save the best til last' by Vanessa Williams and 'Un-break my heart' and 'Breath again' by Toni Braxton which you may enjoy :)

Ooh... does "Don't go breaking my heart" with Anne Hathaway and Hugh Dancy count as it's technically from a movie?

And for silliness: Victoria and Albert

Skinny Love - either by Birdy or Bon Iver, they're both good :)

I'm Lost Without You - Blink 182

Buckcherry - Opened My Eyes

Comin' Home - City And Colour

Coldplay - The Scientist/Fix You

Friday I'm In Love - The Cure

Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran

Lips Of An Angel - Hinder

I'd Rather Be With You - Joshua Radin

Hold Me Up - Live

I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth) - Meatloaf

To Be With You - Mr Big

Reckless - Papa Roach (trust me, its good :P)

Be My Escape - Relient K

The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script

As You Sleep - Something Corporate

Wait For Me - Theory Of A Deadman

That's all I got for now :)

Archived