Sneeze Fetish Forum

Horrible Histories is possibly the best way to learn history, great songs and sketches & great for those not really into history :D

Smokey

If you haven't seen the show or read the books i strongly recommend checking out some of the clips on Youtube- even if you haven't much interest in history, it seriously is hilarious and very entertaining. It's basically comedy, but also very factual- the show is on CBBC so like you i am unable to watch it during the day but i've seen clips on Youtube and have the dvds. Every now and then they have a song or two which are based on modern pop songs ( you'll probably recognise which songs) and i thought i would post a few here, they really are brilliant.

First up- the Kings and Queens song- this is a great way of remembering the order of the Kings and Queens right up until present :Dhttp://youtu.be/l4x0K2Y7kPw

Next the Tudors

Henry VIII Six Wives

Cleopatra http://youtu.be/R5Ofv8H6Vig

Boudica

Dick Turpin Highwayman

Charles II- King of Bling

Queen Victoria and Prince Albert- bit on the sad side this one

There's also really good sketches which are worth checking out, i just absolutely LOVE this show, you really get to learn history whilst at the same time have a laugh, i would recommend showing it to people who aren't interested in history :)

Aha! I need to catch up on this :D my friend was telling me about it once a while ago and it seems great. I've only ever seen one video from it, which was the hieroglyphics song, and it was possibly one of the best things I've ever seen.

It is a rather wonderful show. xD I probably know the lyrics to all those songs you listed. :lol:

And how about the evolution song?

Or a selection of Shakespeare phrases:

Or a spot of philosophy with the ancient Greeks:

^_^ The songs are just too catchy. :P

Those ones you posted are great :D this show is just criminally underrated!! Fancy a bit of online dating Elizabeth 1 style :D

It's great isn't it! I really think this show should be on at a time when other people can watch it- no offence to CBBC but this show shouldn't be hidden away in an afternoon slot

They did put on a few episodes in the evening, replacing the rat with Stephen Fry, but I take it it wasn't successful.

Stuff with jolly songs is always best. When I was little the equivalent was "1066 and all that" which amazingly was made into a popular musical! Of course that was a parody of existing history books. Erm, a history book was a thing containing information about things that happened in a time that you couldn't remember , and strangely it was regarded as quite acceptable for small children to be taught this.

Terry thing does tend to make silly revisionist comments nowadays, and I can't help feeling he must be a bit fed up by all the Kings and Queens mentioned in his creation. Especially the list of Kings in order, which as we know, doesn't matter. Replacing the old "Willy, Willy, Harry, Ste," which always seemed a bit silly to me...

Did they? I had no idea Stephen Fry was in an episode- maybe it was a one off or something! Personally i think it should be on each week in the evening so everyone can view it but then i'm biased :P i think in general they made this show for CBBC but more adults have become fans of it- obviously history is quite cool after all :D

Actually I think it was rather a shame that when they did the evening programmes they did change the format. Whilst I love Stephen Fry in many things, it just didn't work very well with Horrible Histories. They should have had the confidence to stick with what was working.

Was it much different to the format they usually do otherwise? Like more adult? It seems strange why they would change it i really think the current format would actually work quite well on later- seen as a lot of adults currently enjoy it.

Archived