Sneeze Fetish Forum

Describe your hands...

DogLover

Apologies in advance if this is weird...

This was inspired by a writing exercise I did in class where I had to characterize someone by describing their hands. It made me realize that you can get to know a lot about a person by their hands. I think it's a great way to get to know everyone better without revealing anything too personal or sacrificing anonymity of any kind.

So, I'll begin.

My hands are quite skinny, which gives the impression that they're long and slender even though they're actually relatively small. The fingers are bony and slightly tapered, especially towards the tips. The fingernails are clean and cut short. The skin on my hands is fairly tanned but kind of translucent, and decidedly pinker at the joints and fingernails. Their thinness makes the tendons and blood vessels really visible. At first glance, they look kind of small and delicate, like a pianist's. But if you look at them again you start to notice details like the crooked fingers from being broken, the distinct bump on the last joint of the right ring finger from one that was set decidedly wrong, and the diverse collection of scars and newer nicks scattered over them, clustering thicker at the knuckles.

Wow this is interesting. I've never really analyzed my hands before. Ok here goes....

My hands are about 16 cm in length from the heel of my hand to the tip of my middle finger. My fingers are slender but not too bony and they're pretty much straight except the sides of my middle fingers closest to my ring fingers curve a little. The middle finger on my right hand has an indent on the left side from where I've been writing (I'm a frantic scribbler in exams). I'd say my hands are fairly dainty because they're pretty feminine plus I have very pale skin although they're not very doll-like. I normally have painted nails but I'm lazy at the moment so half of my pink nail varnish has been scraped off (I'll fix that later). The nails on my baby fingers and ring fingers are quite long (but not at the gross stage) and square however the rest of my nails are split so they're a bit gank (that's why I paint them). My fingers aren't at all flexible and naturally the tops of my thumbs lean inwards and I can't flex them backwards beyond a 90 degree angle (if that makes sense). I have very dry skin on the backs of my hands which cracks in the winter. My palms however are completely fine! This has been quite fun haha!

I absolutely love exercises like these, describing to get a sense of people. Worth coming out of my current lurkerdom for. xD So, let's see how this goes (totally winging it)...

While my hands aren't abnormally large, my fingers are quite long and rather nimble. I have a very strong grip, and it usually takes a lot for someone else to open my hand if I'm hanging onto something. My skin is very light and the veins beneath it - particularly on my palms - are clearly visible. Because I generally forget that hand lotion exists, and otherwise don't care enough to use it, the backs of my hands and knuckles dry quickly in winter, and if it's exceptionally cold, they crack and bleed. Even in summer, it's pretty easy to see that this happens when the scars crisscross over my knuckles. My hands get cut and scratched often and scar easily, and it's much more obvious in the winter when they heal slower. They're sensitive to temperature, and are cold to the touch almost year round, so much so in colder months that they turn red or purple and people start getting worried. My fingernails are pretty thin and I bite them when they get long enough that they get in the way of my doing things. In other words, I'll never be a hand model - but I actually really like the way they look, and more importantly, they're very capable.

Ooh, yay, people actually responded!

Wow, you guys are so descriptive, it inspired me to write more details about mine :P

My fingers, despite their crookedness, are pretty flexible. My grip isn't very strong because my hands are small, but at least my bony little fists have great impact to them because the blow is more focused. (Yeah, I'm in martial arts.) The skin on the backs of my hands is, where it's not scarred, super-smooth. My palms, however, are callused in lots of different places: on my fingertips from playing guitar, across the tops of my palms from working with tools, and just all over the place from repeated rope-burns from work (in a dairy. With cows). The scars on my hands are mostly faint and silvery, with the few notable exceptions being a small, round, puckered, pink one on the back of my right hand and the thick white line down the outer ("knife") side of my left hand. My hands are usually warm and in constant, restless motion, playing with something or just fidgeting in general. I've been told my fingers are clever, and I'm good at making thinks with my hands.

my hands are really small...well..because IM tiny, so they fit. all my fingers are perfectly straight, very thin; which makes it a real huge pain to find rings that arent too big. the skin on my hands is very pale, doll-like almost. the veins dont stand out too often either. my palms are rough, and the tops of my hands are covered in tiny little scratches thanks to my lizards...i swear i need to get some of those leather gloves that people who handle birds of prey have...LOL. my nails are all uneven, but they still look good; the index finger on my left hand is split down the middle across...because i was stupid when i was shaving last week, and got my nail caught in the razor.

oh and for some reason, my hands are almost always cold

Describing is fun. I will describe my hands, too.

My hands are also quite small, small enough that I wear child-sized gloves, and even then the pinky finger is always too long. I have fairly pale skin that is even in color across my hands, though my palms are pinker. My fingers are generally straight, but they bulge out a bit at the knuckles so that it's hard to find rings that fit - they're always too big and spin around once I get them past my knuckles. I wear one ring regularly, a claddaugh on my right middle finger. It spins... You can see my veins faintly. I have two freckles on the back of my left hand but none on my right. My left palm is also sporting two scratches, gifted from my cat, and as a result used to be swollen (but I think it's almost gone down now). My nails are currently all uneven, with my pointer fingers' being the longest. I usually cut them frequently because I hate having them get in the way of things. My right pointer and thumb have two all-but-healed blisters on them from when I was opening Izze bottles. Also, both hands are splattered here and there with dried gray paint.

Archived