Sneeze Fetish Forum

I've made a mistake in changing my name :-/

Coffee Mug

Sorry to bother you, as you sure are busy and have enough to do, and this is my very fist time contacting the forum staff and I'm quite nervous too but.... I've screwed up things trying to change my name :(

Since signing up in 2007 I choose this really simple nickname "MissyLovesSneezes" and never bothered to change it but now I've been thinking since quite a long time that I hade to change it because I really didn't want a name that had the word "sneeze" in it but instead wanted something that had to do with my personality (well of course sneezes have but..you know..).

So when I saw "missydark" in the settings board I thought it was just a surrogate to get to the real name changing and I clicked the "save" button and then I realized it saved as the real name and went noooo!

And now I'll have to wait a month till i can't change it again.

So...are there any chances you could help me?

I'd like the new nickname to be milkyCoffee

Also, last question then I'm done, how will people manage to recognize me once my name has change?

Thanks for your attention and since I'm here THANKS for the wonderful job you do everyday with the forum! You're awesome! :D

And if you can't change the name no problem, I'll wait ;)

ex MissyLovesSneezes

Also, last question then I'm done, how will people manage to recognize me once my name has change?

Some members may recognise you from your avatar and also on your profile people can click on "display name history"

But the best way for members to recognise you is probably to make an announcement about your new name in the "announcements and personal" section

Unfortunately, I don't know if it's possible to change your name again before the 4 weeks are up, but maybe another staff member will be able to advise further

Thanks Joal for taking time to answer my question :)

Oh never mind, I'll just stick with missydark for a while if no staff member will change it. It's not so bad anyway!

Sorry Missy, I did go and try to change it, but though I can edit your profile, it seems I can't change your name. It might be worth a PM to HoL or Lynne as they might be able to help.

I've changed the display name as you requested :) As Joal said, I think the best way to make people aware of the change is to make a topic in Announcements and Personal.

Wow that was fast! Thank you High On Lullabies :D

I was away all weekend so didn't have the chance to PM you as Vetinari suggested but you were quicker ;)

Yes I guess I'll make a personal announce then!

Thanks to everyone again for your support!!

Archived