Sneeze Fetish Forum

Why cubone is the most disturbing thing to ever exist in a children's videogame

retrofan191

8197611947_7903e4bf7c_m.jpg

Cubone! Everyone loves Cubone! He's adorable! Just look at him! ..but whats with the helmet, bro? For those of you who have never played a pokemon game, whenever a pokemon is captured, its data is automatically recorded in an electronic pokemon encyclopedia. Each game that was released added a new piece to the puzzle of this creatures back-story, progressively painting an oddly dark origin for a character from a family nintendo game

(the original) Pokemon red/blue: "Because it never removes its skull helmet, no one has ever seen this POKéMON’s real face."

Ok, Nothing too weird so far.

Pokemon Yellow: Wears the skull of its deceased mother. Its cries echo inside the skull and come out as a sad melody.

Wait, what...? It wears the skull of it's dead mother? Thats pretty weird... It only gets weirder from here.

Pokemon Gold/ silver: Obsessive over the skull it wears over its head. If it is sad or lonely, the skull it wears shakes, and emits a plaintive and mournful sound.

Ok, so now we have established that this skull is an obsession. This is starting to get a little messed up

Crystal: It lost its mother at a young age. It wears its mother’s skull, and has never since revealed its true face.

Ruby/ Sapphire: CUBONE pines for the mother it will never see again. Unable to find closure, it wears her skull as a helmet. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull the POKéMON wears are made by the tears it sheds.

cubone_by_balddumborat-d3976cj.png

This all leads up to imply this game features a character whos mother was killed when it was a child, and, unable to accept her death, her skull became a disturbing psychological obsession. Not to mention the skinning, beheading and gutting that must have come before the skull was removed. for these reasons, Im willing to say cubone is definitely one of the most unexpectedly dark characters to exist in a piece of children's media

no__104___cubone_by_pokemonfromhell-d3aemyw.png

True dat, bro!! There's some weird stuff that goes on in the Pokémon games, Cubone definitely being one of them. And pretty much everything about Lavender Town is scary as heck.

So many things you don't think about as a kid... Like how the Iron and Zinc are basically steroids for Pokémon. Or how creepy it would be if Pokéblocks and Poffins actually changed the appearance of your contest Pokémon to look cooler or cuter.

Where do they get meat from if they don't have farm animals like us...?? D:

Okay, I'm done now. Oh, and thank you for the NIGHTMARES that I will inevitably be having tonight. :D

I think you'll agree it's worth listening to this while reading this post!

Ahh, Lavender Town. Genuinely disturbing shit the first time I got there. Especially after spending ages in Rock Tunnel - I think? - when I finally saw sunlight again I was so happy! Then the music started. Then the ghosts started. Then Giant Steps left. heh.gif

I spent a while not too long ago looking stories up on creepypasta and Youtube about those first generation Pokemon games. Pretty eerie stuff!

• 4 weeks later...

Lavender Town in general was home to some disturbing things. Like Haunter, who will try to lick you, paralyzing you while it steals your life force and also enters your mind to scare you to death and feast on your nightmares...wat?

Archived