Sneeze Fetish Forum

what a load of rubbish!

sneffnie

apparently today its no-ones birthday.....erm come on its mine today although gotta admit doesnt feel like it sort it out!

Sorry about that tigerlily, there does seem to be an intermittent issue with the birthdays not showing. I believe HoL was going to look into it, but I'm not sure whether he managed to find anything out. It usually does correct itself at some point, though as Kiwi points out, it might be related to the fact that you don't have your birthday in your profile.

Can I please request however, as a matter of forum etiquette, that in future you use punctuation in your posts and avoid the use of any "textspeak". Many of our members find it distracting.

Wow, some fangs you have there. :blink: Are you going to be like this about every little glitch and mishap? Because I'd advise against that. Most strenuously.

As Kiwifruit said, you're birthday will only show up if it's listed in your profile. Technology may be magnificent, but it's not psychic, so I'm afraid it's on you to sort this one out.

im not speaking in text talk and when i made my profile i put my age and my birthday as im not ashamed. I am suck and tired of profile having problems! It won't let me on my own profile says access denied so how am i supose to sort it out?!

Ohh, she's fiesty!! naughty.gif

Well look miss, you only get a birthday thread if you have some lovely friend willing to make one for you and at this stage you're not trying very hard to make friends! heh.gif The staff here are very helpfull and rest assured this minor blip will get resolved if you make like Gary Barlow and have a little patience. And maybe if you've calmed down and learned some manners for next year I'll write you one myself! thumbup.gif

war.gif

im not speaking in text talk and when i made my profile i put my age and my birthday as im not ashamed. I am suck and tired of profile having problems! It won't let me on my own profile says access denied so how am i supose to sort it out?!

The reason you can't access your profile is because your account is still validating. You can find information on the different stages of membership and what perks come with each one here: http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34872

And some FAQ on the validation process here: http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29064

If you ask the staff politely I'm sure they'll be happy to sort out any issues that are showing up in your profile information.

And you're right that you're not using text speak, but Vetinari is right that you're also not using punctuation and your grammar makes it very difficult to read your posts.

It won't let me on my own profile says access denied so how am i supose to sort it out?!

You can edit your profile following the steps in this thread: http://www.sneezefet...showtopic=42733

Your profile currently displays an age but not your birth date. This means the system has no way of knowing it was your birthday and therefore couldn't display it. Following the steps in the thread that Kiwifruit linked to will enable you to edit your profile in such a way that the system will know next year when it is your birthday.

Okay. Here's a fail-safe to-do list for getting all your grievances sorted out. Courtesy of a welcoming community. :)

1. Take a deep breath.

2. Realise that your profile is fine.

3. Take a look around the boards and see what's going on.

4. Chill out.

5. Get to know some people.

6. Be friendly.

7. Use proper punctuation.

8. Be patient about getting validated. This is a gig run by human beings who have a life outside this community. They get everything done, but it can take a while.

9. Know that nobody's out to get you or treat you badly.

10. Pay attention to what others say.

You'll see how well you'll be received once you've mastered all these things. And trust me, they're easy. Everyone can do them!

N.B.: the community has no responsibility whatsoever to any members who consistently fail or refuse to take this checklist into consideration.

I agree... our staff is great about trying to get to everything- even though they are busy, busy people. And our members are really supportive and helpful. :wub:

We generally are a really nice group.

"All will be well. All matter of things will be well" (unless someone mentions "Goofy") :P (reference to Cabin Pressure episode)

Also... hey - happy birthday for the other day! Sorry we missed it... but on the flip side probably a whole lot more people noticed now than if they would if it just popped up in the birthday's box-thingy. And with any luck, you'll be in it next year and you can compare the two experiences.

Should we club together and buy anger management lessons for a belated birthday present?

tonguesmiley.gif

Edited to add emoticon.

Should we club together and buy anger management lessons for a belated birthday present?

:lmfao:

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, ive re-read what i put although i stand by what i said i wont be needing an anger management class however feel free to send one to my brother anytime.

As for my 'text talk' i havn't done that since i was like 13! I will work on my punctuation if that would help, i have fallen into a bad habit if not using correct english termonology as it really annoyed my mother. (My mother has a high doc degree in englidh and teaches higher graded students...high levels university English classes). Sounds brilliant right but in reality its awful when you're the slight dyslexic daughter.

I was in a awful mood, so apologies. You'd think seeing as it was my birthday i was having a lovely day...nope. Being heavily pregnant and having a 20 month old son isn't helpful but unfortuantly it was my mother that dampened my day. She has always nit-picked on my partners accent, the way he pronouces words or speaks in general. It has become worse since having my son, she has decided that she will teach him English and other languages that she feels will be good for his future. Sounds great until she claimed my partners origional language was a 'waste of time' for him to learn....

Sorry for the little rant but it is really bugging me and like i said i shouldn't of reacted like this to the board. I feel a liitle embaraced as this is reaallly out of character for me, usually im friendly and rather shy although sometimes i can be rather blunt. Sorry again, hopefully someone will read this.x

Sorry for the little rant but it is really bugging me and like i said i shouldn't of reacted like this to the board. I feel a liitle embaraced as this is reaallly out of character for me, usually im friendly and rather shy although sometimes i can be rather blunt. Sorry again, hopefully someone will read this.x

Someone HAS read this :) It's not always easy to say sorry, so good for you!

Hope things are better for you now

hi there Joal 555, nope it hasn't in a way but she's my mother and well you only really ever get 1 of these in a life time. She's still mithering unfortuantly but on the plus side i have 1 week left until the big day although i will probably go over.

Thanks i would of apologised earlier as a few hours later i felt slightly guilty for leaving that comment but i thought the thread had been completely deleted.

• 1 month later...

Happy Birthday for when we missed it (I'm always terrible at keeping up to date on this forum, but I'm trying to branch out into other areas of it as it was one of the tips for validation - I highly recommend it, it's quite awesome talking to people other than on your usually favourite subsection). Also, congratulations!!

Hope to speak to you around the forum sometime! :)

aha yer i do,mdo that im generally chatty, i was an awful grump that day...do kinda admit that i regret being awful! aww thankyou ive had my little boy now say little but he was really quite big in reality :-)

x

Archived