Sneeze Fetish Forum

What do you think would be the most annoying job?

strawberrylemonade

Customer complaints. Hands down.

Being a cleaner in a cafe where everyone was really messy and they had plastic tables.

I just have this thing, plastic tables just make me think "Yuck."

I'd imagine working in a call centre must be pretty bad. Listening to people? Talking to people? All day?? The horror! shocking.gif

Anything that involves removing blockages from sewers and sewage filters tonguesmiley.gif Apparently they have to get right in there and pull wads of stuff out of the filters with their HANDS. Gloves and protective clothing just...doesn't...cut it.

So next time you choose to flush a tampon, or condom, or whatever else people try to flush down toilets that they shouldn't...think of the poor people who may have to clear the blockage it caused! tonguesmiley.gif

I've worked in various retail positions for years now. Customers can't annoy me. They just make me laugh or inwardly marvel at their sheer arrogance and stupidity. There are two groups of people - NICE customers I enjoy seeing walk into the store, and the seething, unwashed mass of semi-humanity that is everybody else. (In regards to the 'unwashed' - all I can say is, thank goodness that summer is ending here. There have been times I have felt physically sick from the fumes coming off a customer who clearly hadn't seen the inside of a shower in months. This isn't even uncommon.) I really don't think I'd mind being in a call centre...as long as you keep the smile in your voice, you can roll your eyes and facepalm all you like...and BO doesn't transmit down the phone line! :D

I would absolutely rather remove blockages from drains with my bare hands than have to work in a call center taking customer's phone calls. I hate the phone and I couldn't care less about most people. Never mind that a very good portion of people seem to have no qualms about getting huffy and mean to a person on the phone who's meant to be helping them and only trying to do their job.

Quite seriously, someone in my family was working in a job where she had to take customer complaints on the phone. It really made her miserable- some people who are annoyed with the service they've recieved just want to vent their anger to the person on the other end of the phone, in a way that is far more than reasonable. Thankfully, she got promoted and is much happier in a different job now.

Working with old people (like at a home). I know that sounds terrible but... ugh that would drive me nuts. I'm like halfway there (I work at a grocery store) and some of them just really drive me up the wall.

Being Kim Jong-Un's rice taster has got to be pretty stressful...

Still not as bad as customer service :laugh:

Retail can be pretty bad to. But I'd have to say the most annoying job I've had was working as a professional auto tech. The annoyance level varies depending on which shop you work at but where I was, it seemed the only kind of cars that came in were 10 - 20 year old rust buckets that were a pain to work on. Even doing a simple job took longer because everything was rusty and had to be removed. Meanwhile, the customers complained when the job wasn't done in 5 minutes. Thank God I'm not in that business anymore!

Quite seriously, someone in my family was working in a job where she had to take customer complaints on the phone. It really made her miserable- some people who are annoyed with the service they've recieved just want to vent their anger to the person on the other end of the phone, in a way that is far more than reasonable. Thankfully, she got promoted and is much happier in a different job now.

Yes. I did it too for a while. Just occasionally someone who complained had a genuine gripe, but an awful lot of them were just people being unreasonably angry about something that was beyond anyone's control. And some of them were just plain nasty and obviously enjoyed having someone to bully. I ended up incredibly cynical about the human race and was glad when I could stop and realised that actually, the vast majority of people are actually quite decent. I've done all kinds of unpleasant stinky jobs in my time. Nothing messed with my head like dealing with angry people all day.

I'd imagine working in a call centre must be pretty bad. Listening to people? Talking to people? All day?? The horror! shocking.gif

I work in a call centre, although we're not actually allowed to be called a "call centre" :glare:

I assess people's medical insurance claims. And it can be very stressful, we do get A LOT of complaints when we tell people they're not covered for something, but I really love it. I have days where I only seem to talk to really nice people, and knowing that I've helped someone when they're ill is a really satisfying thing to do, a lot of the time they're very greatful, especially if they have something quite serious wrong with them. I've had more than one person wanting to speak to my manager just to tell them how wonderful I've been. *head expands* but I totally understand that it's not a job everyone will enjoy.

But I think mine's slightly different, because the people we get complaining obviously have an illness or injury, so I have to empathize and put myself in their position and appreciate that they're not having the best time at the moment.

On another note, I think the worst job in my eyes would have to be working in catering. I've done it before, and it is so stressful working in a kitchen, especially as I was a manager, so trying to do a hundred different things at once whilst being in a hot kitchen was the worst time of my life :lol:

Although I did work as a manager in Burger King for a while and really enjoyed that :huh:

I don't think I'd like to work at the parking/traffic ticket court. Or frankly anything related to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles. People get CRAZY about their cars!

Not a million years though could I work as a plumber or in sanitation of any kind. I have a really wicked gag reflex....!

Working with old people (like at a home). I know that sounds terrible but... ugh that would drive me nuts. I'm like halfway there (I work at a grocery store) and some of them just really drive me up the wall.

I agree 100% with this. I work retail and the older people... just... IS IT SO HARD TO READ THE CARD READER?! Is it so hard to learn that hitting cancel didn't work the first time, why would it work the next seven times?

And the older men... the flirting... that is just not okay!

But some of the old people are the sweetest in the world. You just gotta find the right ones. xD

I agree 100% with this. I work retail and the older people... just... IS IT SO HARD TO READ THE CARD READER?! Is it so hard to learn that hitting cancel didn't work the first time, why would it work the next seven times?

And the older men... the flirting... that is just not okay!

But some of the old people are the sweetest in the world. You just gotta find the right ones. xD

Haha that is so true! Some of them can be nice. I just hate the ones that come in with their "I can treat you however I want and you can't do shit about it" attitude >: (

Working as an accountant. Numbers!! I sooo suck dealing with numbers and math and stuff ugh :(

Well, I worked in a kitchen for a bit and it certainly was not what I would call pleasant. I highly doubt that it is the absolute worst job out there, but it definitely was mine!

Technical support. I like computers, I like working with computers, but I don't like trying to explain computers and software to my mother people who have no idea how to use a computer.

Technical support. I like computers, I like working with computers, but I don't like trying to explain computers and software to my mother people who have no idea how to use a computer.

Ahh, I might have to change mine to this xD

I can't STAND when my dad asks me to explain to do the simplest things, like put a picture on facebook.

Because he doesn't know what he's doing AT ALL.

Ahh, I might have to change mine to this xD

I can't STAND when my dad asks me to explain to do the simplest things, like put a picture on facebook.

Because he doesn't know what he's doing AT ALL.

That's nothing. My mother doesn't know what a start menu is. I kid you not.

• 2 weeks later...

Working in a restaurant that serves rice, allows very young children (whose parents feed them said rice), and has carpeting (which the rice sticks to like gum). Very annoying.

Working in a team where you are the most experienced and knowledgeable member, basically the go-to Q&A person, and having said team members ask everyone except you (and get the wrong answers. Repeatedly).

Archived