Sneeze Fetish Forum

'Vine' Video App

Dusty15

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dusty c: lovely male clips, I like the guys with plugs/strechers(ear piercings) :3 .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These sites (vine, seenive, and keek) are superb! If I understand correctly, seenive is a third-party portal into vine. You can search seenive by clicking on "Explore" and then entering search terms. You have to select one of three tabs: People, Tags, Products. If you select "Tags", you are presented with all hashtags matching your search term. This is incredibly useful. For example, if you enter "sneeze", you will get #sneeze among others. If you click on "#sneeze", you will be presented with a page of hits. Now here is where the problem arises. It is similar to long lists of videos for YouTube users where you have to repeatedly hit "More" to expand the list. On seenive, you can scroll down and the page will continue to fill with more hits until there are no more or it presents a button for "Next Page" (indicating that there are more). Does anyone know of a way to save the ENTIRE page of results. All I get is the initial set of hits. It would be REALLY nice to be able to automate grabbing these pages of results. I have a script that extracts the URLs of each page with a clip, retrieves all those pages, and extracts the direct URLs of the clips, and then retrieves the clips. Similar scripts could easily compile lists of the clips in almost any desired format. The problem is that I cannot think of a way to retireve the initial results pages. For example, if I continue scrolling on the first page for #sneeze, I get A LOT of hits. However, if I save the page directly (FIle > Save Page As ...) or if I view the page source (Tools > Web Developer > Page Source), in either case I get only the first several hits. Any ideas? Webshots and similar sites used to have a fixed number of hits per page and you could retireve results by page number, e.g., "?page=3" in the URL. It would be great if there were some way to do this with seenive.

I discovered that if you manually scroll down to the end or the "Next Page" button and then save the page as "Web Page, complete" (rather than "Web Page, HTML only") that it saves the ENTIRE displayed page. The resulting HTML file contains links to the image files in the associated folder rather than their original online URLs but the URLs for the video pages are intact. You can get pretty much all the info you need from the HTML files for these saved results pages. I also noticed that the search results are presented with the newer clips first (with a time-since-posted value in hours or days). This means that you only ever have to look at the top of the list for new stuff. To give you some idea of the amount of material on seenive, I saved 12 pages of results for #sneeze, 3 pages for #sneezing, and 1 page each for #sneezes, #sneezed, and #sneezy. Obviously, there are many other search terms and matching hashtags that one could try (and I will). These searches alone turned up 2844 unique clips (of varying level of interest from none to superb).

• 2 weeks later...

Instagram allows video now and there's some lovely sneezes there too.

Is there any way to search just the videos on Instagram, instead of the photos and the videos mixed together?

I don't think so, there are some decent sneeze photos there anyhow - so it's not so bad.

Just a reminder to take care when posting in this thread. Please ensure that any sneezers are 18 or over. If in doubt, feel free to check with the staff first.

Thank you for your attention!

smile.png

• 3 years later...
13 minutes ago, bben9 said:

Uh you guys need to update this all of these videos dont exixst anymore...

Vine is discontinued, dude, what was the point of bumping a four year old thread? Ain't no fixin' these links.

i was getting an error message on all of these, and couldn't open them in IE or chrome

43 minutes ago, chessgod said:

i was getting an error message on all of these, and couldn't open them in IE or chrome

That's because Vine no longer exists as an app. It shut down a while back so any existing vines shared directly from the Vine site are going to be broken. They are unfixable. 

Archived