Sneeze Fetish Forum

Help with video editing?

Jorm

I've got a video that I want to separate into two clips and I can't figure out how to do it. I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker and splitting it into two sections is easy enough, but is there a way to save the two sections as separate files?

I've never used Windows Movie Maker and know nothing about it. Having done a little research via Google though, it doesn't appear to be possible to save your split sections as seperate files, you have to delete one part and save the other to get your split section.

According to a couple of websites I read though, there are other programs which are (apparently) free which can do this, for example VirtualDub: http://www.virtualdub.org/

I was afraid that might be the case. That it wasn't actually possible in Windows movie maker. Thanks for the info, I'll try VirtualDub and see if it will work.

If you can do it by deleting half of it, you could make a copy of the file and do it in two steps. :)

If you can do it by deleting half of it, you could make a copy of the file and do it in two steps. smile.png

:doh: I should have thought of that :lol:

Hah! I used to do web design for Pinnacle. Best contract job I ever had!

Totally agree with what everyone else as said, for what you want to do, programs like virtualdub and pinnacle studio are really nice affordable programs.

If you're wanting to do bigger things, then try looking into Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere

I ended up doing what TheCakeIsALie suggested on this occasion, but I may still look into virtualdub and pinnacle studio. Thanks for all the advice :)

Sorry, but I'm not about to put my face on the internet in connection with a fetish, that crosses a major line for me. I honestly can't believe there are people who are comfortable doing that.

It's up to you, of course. Personally, I wasn't worried at all making movies, since I only listed them privately on Youtube and linked them from here. Since the general public can't see them, the odds that someone who knows me will see them are probably about the same as being hit by lightning.

Archived