Sneeze Fetish Forum

Blind Dates?

PortlandLove

I'm going on my first blind date tomorrow, and I'm honestly terrified. I am not generally very comfortable around boys, so I haven't been out much at all. From the second I was asked if I would want to be set up, the only question in my mind was, "but what if he sees me and he doesn't like me?" I promised myself I'd say yes to more of these dates because I know I need to work on this anxiety but it doesn't make it any less scary... Does anyone know how to fix a date you've messed up in your head before it has even begun??

but what if he sees me and he doesn't like me?

I don't have much advice other than, he's probably thinking exactly the same thing "what if she doesn't like me" and may well be equally nervous about the whole thing

Good luck!

These things are never comfortable, but it's great that you're putting yourself out there! At the very least it is fantastic experience and will help you get more comfortable with socializing. Plus, you never know...it may work out really well.

I'm so belated on this but in case someone else needs advice on it...

I've been on many 'blind' dates (mine haven't been true blind...usually it's people I've sort of talked to on a dating site...still...)

My number one advice is to not get ahead of yourself. It's a first date. You aren't expected to FALL IN LOVE right there. Treat him as a person, as a new potential friend.

I have terrible relationship anxiety and I've had to force myself to go out and go on dates. I am also terribly bad with boys unless they're just friends.

Take deep breaths. Don't get ready too early so you have to sit around freaking out about how you're getting closer and closer to the date. Tell yourself you're just meeting someone for a meal and that this is ONE meal and ONE meeting and where it goes from here is up in the air. Not every date is going to lead to something more. He's another human being and you're going to meet and see if you have a connection. No pressure.

You guys are all so right. It's just hard in the moment. Dusty, totally hear you on the relationship anxiety bit. It's almost embarrassing to hear my own inner monologue. I like to think I have my act together, then revert to myself at 15 at the prospect of a date :)

Archived