Sneeze Fetish Forum

Addicted to Certain Music?

sneezewuv

I am addicted to Christina Aguilera music. I could listen to it all day. Her voice gives me goosebumps when I hear "Hurt" or "Bound to You" or any of those styled songs. Anyone else addicted to a certain artist or style at the moment?

I get addicted to certain songs for a length of time. I have a playlist on my iTunes called Obsession, which changes every so often. Right now it's Skrillex, David Guetta, Ryan Star and Imagine Dragons and Shattered by Trading Yesterday.

I was like that when I discovered Alcest (the band of the dude in my signature). I had the CD in my car and I think I listened to it for three months straight without switching to anything else.

Right now I've rediscovered Chevelle and I'm listening to their albums over and over. Sci-Fi Crimes is so perfect.

System of a Down, Deftones, and a couple of Knife Party songs (mostly bonfire and fire hive), The Offspring (Blackball, Tehran), The Living End, (Roll on, End of the World), and Rancid (Salvation).

I could listen to that playlist forEVER.

I go through phases, definitely.

There are times when certain songs come out and I just HAVE to listen to them at any moment I can. The most recent one for me right now is Let Her Go by Passenger (

) it's not my usual kind of taste in music, but it's wonderful.

Music has a special meaning to me that it doesn't to most people. The words mean things to me, and I apply the words and meanings of the songs to my life, making them extra special to me. Yes, I am a dork :laugh:

My main obsession is The Misfits and most things related (Danzig, Michale Graves, etc)

And also Tiger Army. They are one band I can just listen to any of their songs all day every day and never get bored.

And Flogging Molly, just because they get me in the mood to get up and have a jig, and their songs always bring a smile to my face :)

Vocaloid, by far. I've been known to get stuck on songs from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, too.

Right now I'm pretty addicted to Alt-J, Two Steps From Hell and Aviici. And Ólafur Arnalds. And Nordic.

I'm a long-time junkie when it comes to BUCK-TICK, Imogen Heap and Kent.

I'm slightly addicted to Diorama's latest album, especially the songs 'The Scale' and 'When We Meet Again In Hell'. Om nom nom, I say.

Also the first and third movements of J.M. Kraus's Symphony in c-minor. :heart: Some kind of music just goes right to the guts, in the best possible way, and this is that kind.

I'm absolutely addicted to epic, cinematic stuff like movie soundtracks, Immediate Music and Two Steps From Hell. Simply can't get enough of those. I'd spam my post full of links, but I'd rather not go hunting for youtube videos right now. Just general laziness. xD

I'm absolutely addicted to epic, cinematic stuff like movie soundtracks, Immediate Music and Two Steps From Hell.

Aww man, I love that stuff as well. I used to think it was weird to listen to film or video game soundtracks because the songs were so rooted to certain events or characters that that's all we can associate them with. But there's really some amazing music there! And if I ever need to get anything done; uni work, housework, taking a massive dump, I stick Two Steps From Hell on and it gets DONE! And I feel like a champ when I'm finished.

But back on topic, I don't really get addicted to certain music. I listen to so much stuff it's tough to spend a lot of time on just a couple of bands, but sometimes I'll buy a new album and fall in love with it. Recently it was Steven Wilson's "The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories)". The title track alone is one of the greatest songs written in years, I'd say. Before that it was Devin Townsend's "Addicted", before that it was Robbie William's "Swing When You're Winning". lmfao.gifbleh.gif

Generally, every once in a while I'll find one or two albums that get me to and from uni every day for two weeks. That's my addiction.

Archived