Sneeze Fetish Forum

Cherryade addiction exposed

PegiiL

The self checkout system: I recently went through a cherryade addiction and decided to use the self checkout to avoid anyone asking about it. So I'm starting it out and it says 'please put item in bagging area.' I do as it asks and then it all goes wrong and the staff come over to sort it out. I don't want anyone to know about my cherryade addiction.

'Having a party?' he asks.

'Yeah I say to shut him up.'

Well that sucked.

I hate when it forces you to put shit in the bagging area.

Also I tried to go through there with liquid NyQuil and they had to come over and verify that I was over eighteen years old. This is what our world has come to.

Self checkout is such a joke. Half the time something goes wrong and an employee has to come over and help you out anyway. Just tear up those stupid machines and put in proper checkout lanes. And it doesn't help that the employees that come over to help always seem so miserable, like "oh look, the machine that took my job isn't working and now I have to fix it...lucky me." And then I just end up feeling guilty for trying to use self checkout in the first place. But what else am I suppose to do when only two of fifteen lanes are open and they've each got six people waiting in line with full carts? Ugh.

I love self checkout. I find the occasional technology glitches totally worth it to be able to avoid contact with other human beings. I actively avoid stores that don't have self check out a lot of the time.

*end misanthropic grumble*

I absolutely abhor self-checkout. I always get stuck using it whenever I go to Jewel because an ex of mine is a cashier there and the idea of going through his line makes me shudder. Of couuuuurse, the last time I was there something malfunctioned and guess who came over to debug it all? Smh.

I love self checkout. I find the occasional technology glitches totally worth it to be able to avoid contact with other human beings. I actively avoid stores that don't have self check out a lot of the time.

*end misanthropic grumble*

You get me. There's some days when I need to go to the store, but I just 100% do not feel like interacting with other humans, so I'm all in favor of self-checkout lanes, personally. I also find that it can often times go a bit quicker, especially if there are lines at all the other lanes.

Add me to the antisocial crowd :D I love self checkouts. I can move at my own pace, don't have to interrupt my thoughts (usually about very important matters such as if I should wear jeans or a dress the next day or what to eat for dinner) and I can BAG MY ITEMS AS I WANT! I double bag everything heavy, don't put squishables next to heavy cans and can even out the weight on both sides (I walk home so this is very helpful!)

I can BAG MY ITEMS AS I WANT!

YES! The grocery store I go to most started bagging everything in plastic by default a couple of years ago and I prefer paper (unless I actually manage to remember my reusable bags). They still have paper bags, but they don't ask what you want, they just start bagging in plastic and I hate having to hurriedly go "canyouusepaper?!". Not to mention how terrible they all seem to be at bagging things. Maybe I'm slightly OCD about my bagging, but it makes things so much easier if all like items are together in one bag. If I go through the self checkout I can bag everything the way I want it and in paper.

If self checkout didn't have so many errors that led to embarrassing encounters with employees to fix the glitches I'd be all about it. Came up in conversation at work recently and I can't believe about half of my coworkers put their items on the belt in random order. I always put mine in order for easier bagging and later unpacking. Enjoy the cherry ade!

I used to hate self check outs, but that was because they always used to annoy me. I'm used to how they work now.

There are things about them I hate. If I hear "unexpected item in bagging area" again then I may go nuts. I also hate how they give you about a meter square if that to put all your shopping on, which is fine if you only get a couple of bits, but a basket full is a joke. And don't even try to put your bags on the floor, it will shout at you, telling you to return the item to that tiny little square.

Despite all of the above, I would rather go through all that than have some spotty little teenager who is only there for beer money chucking my things haphazardly into a bag with no care or thought at all.

I'm not the most sociable person in the world but I hate self-checkout because it generally doesn't work very well and it pisses me off with that whole bagging ordeal.

But what's cherryade and why would you be embarrassed about buying it?

Wow! I didn't know cherryade was unknown in some places :lol:

It's cherry flavoured fizzy pop :D

Wow! I didn't know cherryade was unknown in some places heh.gif

It's cherry flavoured fizzy pop biggrin.png

I don't think it exists under that branding in the U.S. Actually I'm almost certain in doesn't because it would confuse people as the suffix "ade" means a completely different kind of drink here than it does in the UK. I'm trying to think if we even have an equivalent cherry soda here... I'm sure we must, but I can't remember seeing cherry soda.

Yeah, we don't really have a big-name cherry soda here in the US (though lots of "indie" soda makers will usually have a black cherry soda). Cherry is a flavor we'll add to sodas a lot, though. Cherry Coke. Cherry Dr. Pepper. Cherry 7-Up. The only red fizzy soda we've got here that I can think of off the top of my head is Big Red, and its flavor is more like...cream soda and bubblegum.

I typically use self checkout if I just have a few things and I feel like it'll be faster to just scan 3 things myself than have to wait for someone else to do it and then ask me if I want a membership card. Otherwise I could go either way.

There was also the one time I went to BJ's with my dad's membership card to avoid the cashier looking at it. I don't think it would even matter if I had to show it, and the picture on it looks exactly like me anyway, but if push came to shove I just didn't think they'd believe I was a 50 year old DDS. I guess as punishment for exploiting a loophole, the person ahead of me in line was this lady with an entire purse dedicated to coupons. She seriously had hundreds of them, and if one didn't work she had to scan it at least 10 more times before accepting the fact it wasn't valid. Even her husband was getting fed up with how long it was taking. It was like she was just scanning every single one even if they weren't even remotely related to what she was actually buying. And then, when I finally did get to check out my own stuff, the machine freaked out and called over the staff anyway. Meh.

I love self checkout. I'm often the only one in my group who uses it, so friends and I will split off at the tills and meet up after. Usually, if there are no problems -- and when they are, it usually involves there being a problem with the bagging area -- they'll find me standing impatiently by the doors because I've been done for 15 minutes already.

Cherryade sounds delicious and I want some. We JUST got Wild Cherry Pepsi in Canada. Yum.

Archived