Sneeze Fetish Forum

Can I get some tips on how to lucid dream?

PegiiL

Ooh, I love those!! Personally, what I did for a long time was write all my dreams down right after waking up! It's fascinating, because you start to remember more and more details up to the point where you can remember the last 4-5 dreams you had before waking up even if they were completely unrelated. This helps you become more aware of your dreams and thus might help you with the lucid dreaming! :D Also, I just found this: http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

You know what I could have done it this morning because I went to sleep a little after I had woken up but I didn't push myself

I really wish I could lucid dream. It's only ever happened to me a few times in my life and the last time was over 10 years ago and I actually turned that lucid dream into an astral projection session. Pretty much what happened was I was dreaming and then I realized that I didn't actually own the shoes I was wearing in the dream, in fact they were shoes that I never would have consented to wearing. So I realized I was dreaming and "woke up" within the dream. I had read that it was very easy to astral project from a lucid dream so I just stopped the dream, decided to leave my body and it happened just like that. It didn't last very long, I was out of my body and had floated about halfway out of my bedroom window before I was snapped back into my body. Even though it was brief, it was probably one of the most freeing experiences of my life. The only downside is that now my body feels like a prison because I can't get out of it whenever I want to.

Anyway I used to dream journal, but unfortunately for me, even if a dream is quite vivid, by the time I'm alert enough to write anything down, I've usually forgotten most of it so I really don't bother anymore. Not sure if this is just because I'm getting older, or if it's because of some of the meds I'm on or both. I really wish I could remember my dreams better though, I have this sense that some of them are probably really weird and interesting, or at least they were when I could remember them well enough to journal.

I have these dreams really often where I wake up within the dream, so that now I'm sure that I'm awake, even though I'm actually not. I feel like it's the only trick my brain knows to convince me that I am not dreaming and it's kind of cool, but stupid at the same time, because when you are sure you're awake it makes lucid dreaming impossible! -.- Anyways, the other day I had this really AMAZING dream. Okay, actually it was a series of dreams, say 5 different ones. In the 5th one, I dreamed that I was in my bed, waking up. Then I got up (still in the dream) and went to my mom like I usually do to tell her about my dreams. And - here comes the awesome part - in that 5th dreams I actually managed to remember the 4 I had before and tell my mom about them! It was hard to remember the details, just like when you wake up in real life and try to remember your dreams, but I managed. Then I actually woke up. What followed were the 10 most confusing seconds of my life.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite lucid dream tip is:

In dreams, when you read something the words tend to change when you glance back at it a few seconds later. So, while you're awake, everytime you pick up a piece of paper -- read a couple sentences, memorize them,then glance back to see if the words have changed. Once you get in the habit of doing this everytime you pick up a piece of paper, you'll start to do it in your dreams too - and in the dreams - the words will have changed, and then you'll know you're d reaming and be in a lucid dream.

Archived