Sneeze Fetish Forum

What to wear to a concert?

smmoct3

Hey everyone, so I bought tickets to see One Direction about a year ago and I have absolutely no idea what to wear. This is my first concert that I will be going to in my entire life, so does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks biggrinsmiley.gif

-smmoct

Well, when I was at the Download Festival last week I seen a guy wearing a 2-piece suit with a Slipknot patch on the back. I can wholly recommend this.

When you go to a concert, you want to wear something that fits well and that you can dance in, maybe something that has pockets so you don't have to shlep a bag or purse around all the time (because those tend to hold you back if you want to dance). Layers are always a good idea, because a concert venue gets hot as the jungle and you want something with long sleeves and maybe a hood to snuggle into as you go outside afterward.

How you look doesn't matter as much as it does when you go clubbing, because every eye will be on the dreamboats on the stage anyway. B) This a good thing, because you'll be able to feel comfortable and that usually does wonders for your looks anyway. :yes: So there's NOT that to worry about.

Anyway, part of the fun of going to a concert is getting together beforehand to discuss these wardrobe matters. With whom are you going?

Have lots of fun! :D

Thank you! w00t.gif

I am going with my sister and her friends but I'm okay with it...they're pretty cool people! I like all of your ideas though! I'm definitely going to do what you said.

Well, when I was at the Download Festival last week I seen a guy wearing a 2-piece suit with a Slipknot patch on the back. I can wholly recommend this.

:lmfao: visions of One Direction fans seeing this!

Hey everyone, so I bought tickets to see One Direction about a year ago and I have absolutely no idea what to wear. This is my first concert that I will be going to in my entire life, so does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks biggrinsmiley.gif

-smmoct

AHHH! I'm SO jealous of you right now!!!! :D

My mom absolutely refuses to buy me tickets. -_-

Anyway, I would definitely wear a t-shirt and skinny jeans. Can't go wrong there! :)

Have a great time!!!! :)

Whenever I go to concerts I dance like crazy and get really overheated so if you're anything like me you'll have to work this out. As Maru-chan said, you need the balance but another option would be to get cheap blankets from Primark or something and wear them while you're waiting in the queue then ditch them before you go in. I remember loads of people were doing that in a concert I went to in the past whereas I stupidly took a huge coat and was tempted to dump it.

Thanks biggrinsmiley.gif

-smmoct

AHHH! I'm SO jealous of you right now!!!! biggrin.png

My mom absolutely refuses to buy me tickets. sleep.png

Anyway, I would definitely wear a t-shirt and skinny jeans. Can't go wrong there! smile.png

Have a great time!!!! smile.png

I'm jealous too (especially seeing as they're well-known in the Sneezing in the Media topic by now ;) ) Have fun!!!! :D

Whenever I go to concerts I dance like crazy and get really overheated so if you're anything like me you'll have to work this out. As Maru-chan said, you need the balance but another option would be to get cheap blankets from Primark or something and wear them while you're waiting in the queue then ditch them before you go in. I remember loads of people were doing that in a concert I went to in the past whereas I stupidly took a huge coat and was tempted to dump it.

Thanks biggrinsmiley.gif

-smmoct

AHHH! I'm SO jealous of you right now!!!! biggrin.png

My mom absolutely refuses to buy me tickets. sleep.png

Anyway, I would definitely wear a t-shirt and skinny jeans. Can't go wrong there! smile.png

Have a great time!!!! smile.png

I'm jealous too (especially seeing as they're well-known in the Sneezing in the Media topic by now wink.png ) Have fun!!!! biggrin.png

Thanks everyone! I had the best time of my life. Harry Styles took a photo on his phone of the entire audience and he said he was either going to post it to Twitter or Instagram. Also, 1D went on a moving platform and sang Moments and got really close to wear I was sitting. I kept waving and Harry waved back and then immediately I gave him a thumbs up and he looked at me and gave me thumbs up back. Gosh this was amazing.

Niall and Louis kept fooling around with each other and Harry had something dangling out of his butt so he started twerking. During What Makes You Beautiful, the boys had an encore, Liam took someones IPhone and filmed him and the boys singing.

I am going to say that this concert was definitely worth waiting an entire year after buying the tickets for. Too bad there was no sneezing involved, but gosh I can't even describe how happy I am to finally say I went to see One Direction. w00t.gifwubsmiley.gifwubsmiley.gifwubsmiley.gifthumbsupsmiley.pngthumbup.gif

That's great!!!! :D

I hope I can go in the future so I can experience this for myself. My friend was going to bring me, but she couldn't because her family had plans. -_-Yeah.... I MUST force my mom to buy me tickets for the next tour. :)

Oh, and I found the pic on IG! :D

I actually had this same question, so maybe we can revive this topic?

I'm going to a Macklemore concert in November (so I have time to shop, totally) and have no idea what I'm going to wear! Probably because technically it's rap, but I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of hipsters... It's indoors, so weather isn't really an issue.

(Also is anybody else going? Boston, MA)

^lol there much be such an interesting mix of people that go to macklemore concerts, like you said it's rap, but like his two top songs could be considered club music in a way and each are something you could dance to, and like same love is not a song that I think is enjoyed by traditional "rap" enthusiasts haha

Comfy clothing, layers, sturdy dancing shoes. That is all you need at any concert, really. :yes:

Now a festival is a bit different, but we'll cross THAT bridge when someone gets to it, right? Might even deserve its own topic!

Well in my experience wear a pair of jeans or shorts (do not wear skirts under any circumstances), with a top and maybe an unbuttoned shirt over the top. Make sure you have pockets, literally all I take is my mobile and my purse with me. Flat shoes are a must as well, but ones that you can lace up or tighten, I for example use converses.

Also don't wear anything if you aren't prepared to lose it/have it broken/ripped. I take out/off my earrings and any other jewelry other than my nose piercing.

Bare in mind I go to some quite aggressive gigs so some of this may not apply laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do, don't wear the concert t shirt from the concert you are at. Poor form.

Why's that? I should think it's much poorer form to wear a t-shirt from a different tour, or heaven forbid, a different band.

One piece of advice is appropriate footwear - if it's outdoor, wear good boots/wellies even if they don't match your outfit. My wife made the mistake of wearing Converse to a Phoenix Park outdoor concert and they were pretty much ruined by the end of it. Always consider, if you intend to be dancing, that comfort is important but so's good support.

Whatever you do, don't wear the concert t shirt from the concert you are at. Poor form.

Why's that? I should think it's much poorer form to wear a t-shirt from a different tour, or heaven forbid, a different band.

You can find a lot of references to it across the internet...here's one...

http://www.aux.tv/20...-band-t-shirts/

Amusing quote from a comment on that article:

"Rule # 10.... Don't take advice from a pretentious wanna-be writer who's probably going through a mid-life crisis and is desperately trying to feel young again."

Archived