Sneeze Fetish Forum

Are all psychics fake but are some real?

PegiiL

I was thinking how it's possible that if there are ghosts out there that then some people may have the ability to sense them on different astral layers. I must ability that some psychics are complete bollocks like Derek Accora only out there to make a quick buck. But I'm sure that if I was psychic that I would talk to dead people for free...

All so-called psychics are either lying, delusional or insane. Or so convinced of their own importance that they honestly believe that they have a Special Supernatural Ability that most people don't.

It's all complete bollocks.

I would be delighted to be proven wrong, mind you. That would be awesome. But every single attempt to prove to me that ghosts or spirits exist have resulted in a fit of laughter on my part. But, as people have been kind enough to point out to me, as a sceptic I am of course not open enough to pick up these messages from the Other Side. Perhaps the ghosts feel insulted that I don't believe in them, so they avoid me. That's cute, I guess.

:bleh:

I'm not going to say that all psychics are fake. I don't know if they are or not and I don't know if ghosts exist or not.

Of course then you have these people who claim they have the gift to talk to dead people, and then they speak in these cryptic riddles, then someone else jumps up and says: "Oh my God, that's my father!" and then that person fills in all the blanks, and then they get all emotional and excited and stuff like "oh my God, she's totally for real"...I don't believe in that at all. I want more specific examples than that. That's called cold reading, and anyone who is good at reading other people's body language could do that. I guess I can see how that sort of thing could be comforting to some people; then again, maybe some people want to hang around psychics and mediums and be unable to form coherent sentences after they die and that thought comforts them as well.

To me, it's always sounded like a particularly cold and predatory way of cheating distressed people for their money.

Archived