Sneeze Fetish Forum

Cutting your own hair

So my hair is down the the waistline of my jeans and, in case you don't realize, that's...long. too long. and annoying.

in '07 i donated my hair and i've been planning to do it again, growing my hair our as much as possible, and i think i'm ready to get it cut sometime this year (if i haven't become too emotionally attached.)

the thing is, i want to cut it as a prank for my mom. like, walking around like everything's normal but in actuality there's 12 inches of hair missing heh.gif (understand that this isn't the reason that i want to cut it, it's just a bonus.)

so i was just wondering, is it a good idea for a person with long hair to cut their own hair? i've heard that it's hard to cut thick hair with a ponytail (yeah, i'm thinking of the whole 'chop it all off' method) or maybe pigtails would work better? if not i could probably find someone to help me, but it'd be nice if i could manage on my own.

positive/helpful feedback please

That's actually a really funny prank. :lol:

Could you maybe just chop what you want to chop sort of roughly, do the prank, and then have a professional clean it up after your mom sees? I think that's what I'd do. Trimming your own hair is pretty easy but such a dramatic cut could be disastrous if you tried to cut and style it yourself.

I agree with Junia, don't try and layer it or anything. I'd put my hair in pigtails to do it if I were you because that way it'll be more evenly cut and a lot easier. Let us know what her reaction is w00t.gif .

One time when I was like 11 I tried to trim my own bangs (which I had done many, many times before) and ended up slipping and cutting a huge bald spot right in the front of my head so I'll never condone cutting your own hair.

I think it would be better to pay like $15 for a cheap cut somewhere, you can not tell your mom about it and do it while she is out and the prank will still be the same.

Although, if you do end up doing it yourself, just watch youtube tutorials and stuff to make sure you don't royally mess up.

oh edit: i just read the other responses and I totally agree with Junia.

Archived