Sneeze Fetish Forum

How did Sherlock fake his death?

AppleBlossom

We all know my obsession with BBC Sherlock; since series 3 doesn't come out until January, I have to continue to feed my obsession in case I might go insane!

Anyway, my theory would suggest that there were several things which occurred in order for John to believe that Sherlock had died. Therefore a body is needed. But since Sherlock does not have an identical twin brother, he would need to substitute. Another body. Perhaps a body can easily acquire.

Moriarty.

This would explain the strange landing injuries shown on the body; while "Sherlock's body" can be seen to have fallen face first, he has both front and back head injuries - yet it should only have frontal injuries. Since Moriarty shot himself through his mouth, it would only result in a back of the head injury. We are given a close up of the pool of blood spilling from Moriarty's head; perhaps providing a link between the "two deaths".

Another piece of evidence is the phone call between Sherlock and John; Sherlock states that the situation is merely nothing more than a "magic trick"; indication of the faking of his death, and possibly some crazy Derren Brown/Dynamo shit going down! *ahem*

However, before the conversion took place, there is a point where just before Sherlock starts laughing at Moriarty, there is a faint barely audible sound from Sherlock's phone. This sound is not like the message tones in the same episode, nor it is like an incoming call. This could only lead to some type of device being activated. Possibly a recorded message?

I have no idea. Which is why I am consulting you guys.

What do you think?

I have absolutely no idea how he did it, but I know it's got something to do with Molly because he came to her and asked her for a favor and then we were never shown what that favor was.

I'm gonna be SO interested to see how it was done!

I like the "landing in the laundry truck - running and laying down while John is knocked down - using the small rubber ball in his armpit to 'stop' his puls" theory.

I really have no idea though. And it didn't help that they seemed to film several different scenarios and even did some trolling when they were filming at St. Barts earlier this spring. :laugh:

I've read about so many great solutions in fanfiction that I'm starting to think that the fans have already come up with the best ones and the real thing is going to be slightly underwhelming.

Also: if Sherlock and John doesn't hug at some point in the third season I am going to cry, okay? I'm going to cry regardless, but still!

Archived