Sneeze Fetish Forum

Updated Multi Fandom Drabbles - Galavant (98/101)

Bruyere

@DeathNoteOne Thanks!

1 - Kink :: 2 - Science Fiction :: 3 - Frightened :: 4 - Fake :: 5 – Pencil :: 6 – Squint :: 7 – Misplaced :: 8 – Joy :: 9 - Touched :: 10 – Cough :: 11 – Hot/Cold :: 12 – Sin :: 13 – Care :: 14 – Frail :: 15 – The End :: 16 – Three :: 17 – Never :: 18 – Midnight :: 19 – Promise :: 20 – Fight :: 21 – Pollen :: 22 – Embarrassment :: 23 – Alcohol :: 24 – Mask :: 25 – Mistake :: 26 – Suspicion :: 27 – Disagreement :: 28 – Assignment :: 29 – Purple :: 30 – June :: 31 – Calculating :: 32 – Fall :: 33 – Cry :: 34 – Relief :: 35 – Breath :: 36 – Miserable :: 37 – Chocolate :: 38 – Violent :: 39 – Muffle :: 40 – Swift :: 41 – Run :: 42 – Poison :: 43 – Contagion :: 44 – Tissue :: 45 – Sore :: 46 – Enraptured :: 47 – Wary :: 48 – Pathetic :: 49 – Sweat :: 50 – Gentle :: 51 – Milk :: 52 – Ravenous :: 53 – Blanket :: 54 – Needles :: 55 – Sports :: 55 – Ruin :: 56 – Lovely :: 57 – Hospital ::58 – Annoying :: 59 – Mother :: 60 – Bike :: 61 – Idiot :: 62 – Puppy :: 63 – Control :: 64 – Unfair :: 65 – Similarities :: 66 – Raincoat :: 67 – Worship :: 68 – Attitude :: 69 – Fuck :: 70 – Confession :: 71 – Floor :: 72 – Remedy :: 73 – Don’t :: 74 – Ego :: 75 – Heartless :: 76 – Lullaby :: 77 – Secret :: 78 – Shut Up :: 79 – Music :: 80 – Grudge :: 81 – Solitude :: 82 – Magic :: 83 – Dirty :: 84 – City :: 85 – Teacher :: 86 – Sky :: 87 – Hypocrite :: 88 – Tattoo :: 89 – Money :: 90 – Childhood :: 91 – Goodbye :: 92 – Victory :: 93 – Weather :: 94 – Photo :: 95 – Rage :: 96 – Internet:: 97 – Fashion :: 98 – Favor :: 99 – Lazy :: 100 – Airplane

Slow week at work means I've been extra (or less, it really depends on how you look at it, I guess) productive.

Fandoms: Hannibal, Welcome to Night Vale, Skyfall!Bond, The Avengers,

Warnings: Swearing in #66. Spoilers in The Avengers drabbles if you haven't read The Winter Soldier comics and possibly also spoilery for Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier. There are further notes down the page.

51 – Milk, Welcome to Night Vale, Cecil/Carlos

(Cecil does mention Orange milk in an episode. Iirc it's what Old Woman Josie serves the angels?!)

"Thadgks," he says as Cecil places a glass of orange juice in front of him. He takes a sip and immediately has to resist the urge to spit it straight back out. "Oh God! What the... what is that?" Now he's looking at it more closely it doesn't look like OJ.

"Orange milk," says Cecil, confused. "Calcium for healthy teeth and bones and Vitamin C for your cold. What did you think it was?"

"Uhh, oradge juice, 'scuse... Hehh ktschh! Hehh ktschh! Ehh ktschhh!"

"Orange... juice?" Cecil repeats blankly.

Carlos groans, he's too sick for another round of this today.

59 – Mother, Skyfall!era Bond, Gen, Bond, M

She knows he's there before she even enters the room. "I hope you're not drinking the good whiskey if you're sick."

There's a sneeze and a groan as she turns on the light. She frowns but dims the light.

"Well I suppose I can't put you through medical tomorrow now."

"Sorry, I - hehkishh! Ehktchoo!"

"The guest room's at the top of the stairs to the left." The brisk tone doesn't hide her concern. She catches his arm as he passes, takes the glass and even in the dim light his blue eyes sparkles with fever. She says softer, "Get some rest James."

61 – Idiot, Hannibal, Will, Alana

"You're an idiot," says Alana. There's no real heat in it but she sounds exasperated. Will thinks it might be the tone she used on her brothers growing up and he's not sure what that says about their relationship. Everything's kind of... hazy for him right now. He sneaks a look at her then buries his head in his tissues to sneeze. "Ekhtsch! Ekkitschh! Huh, Uhh..." he sniffles thickly and winces at the sound before sneezing again, "Yihiihktschuhhh!"

"Just because Jack-"

"I know," he says. "I wanted to."

"Hmm." There's silence before she adds gently, "Bless you."

He nods. "Thadks."

32 – Fall, Hannibal, Gen, Will, Beverley

It starts with a few near silent singles but Will notices that two hours into their time at the crime scene she's sneezing with a beleaguered frequency and is wiping at her eyes as well.

His part is done so he decides to make his way back to the motel, no point in spending longer than necessary there.

"Hey!" Beverley walks over to him. "Can I get a lift back with- itschh! itschh! Huh-Itschh!"

"Of course." He glances at her. "Want to stop at a drugstore on the way back?"

"Yeah. I though at this time of year..." She sighs.

40 - Swift, Hannibal, Gen, Alana,

She's alarmed at how quickly it hits her. She felt fine, a little tired perhaps, when she awoke but nothing truly untoward. By lunch her head is pounding, her throat is raw and she's tired of alternating between sneezing, blowing her nose and a heavy congestion that means she can only breathe through her mouth.

Her last lecture of the day is a washout and she'd be more worried about it if half the class wasn't already out sick.

By day end she's shivering and the thought of going home to a cold, empty house makes her misery feel complete.

30 – June, Hannibal, Gen, Will

(Double drabble to celebrate the fact that this was my 50th and I'm now halfway through!)

Will's not sure what it is that he's allergic to but every June something gets to him and it seems to be getting worse each year.

He's got medication to take but you're supposed to take it with food every morning and so far he's remembered about one morning in three. He's taken it once without food and that's not a mistake he's going to make again.

He idly considers taking the month off, packing up the dogs and heading to the ocean but there are lectures and his work for Jack to think about.

He stifles two sneezes into his elbow as he fixes dinner for the dogs and immediately regrets it. They always seem to come back worse when he does that.

Will lets the dogs out and Winston barks at him.

"Ha. You can't make me go out there," he says. He shoos Winston out the door then ducks back inside as the itch returns with a vengeance. "Hgksst! Ggksst! HHnkkst!" He stifles them until he's got some kitchen towel in his hands then gives himself over completely. "Ekhtschuhh! Hetchuhhh! Heh-ehhtchuhhh! Heh, ehh kitschuhhh!" He groans.

Hell, maybe he will ask Jack for some time off tomorrow.

Note: - Okay so I've been debating posting these up because really they need to be part of a longer AUish story in order to amake sense (where Natasha figures out who Bucky is first and how that plays out) but there's a very good chance that I will simply never get around to writing it. So, a brief summary of what is going on here and I hope that it makes sense.

- These drabbles follow on from previous Avengers drabbles: 92, 94 & 35.

Summary: Natasha's sick and Clint decides to tag out of looking after her, leaving her with Steve. While at Steve's she's looking through old photo albums and she sees a familiar face from her past. The Winter Soldier, as she knew him, or James 'Bucky' Buchanan as he was known to Steve. Natasha doesn't make mistakes with faces, certainly not with his. Now she has to figure out what the hell is going on and oh, there's the small matter of a headcold from hell.

70 – Confession - The Avengers, Gen, Clint, Natasha

He opened the door to Natasha, pale faced, red-nosed and sneezing into the crook of her elbow.

"So you're all better then?"

She glared at him. "I nee- hep'kshh! H'kshh! - need your help."

He waved her in, took a moment to locate a box of tissues and then settled down next to her. "You look like you need to be in bed."

She didn't answer. "Nat?"

She took a few kleenex, and blew her nose.

"I need to tell you something," she stopped and bit her lip.

"Okay," he braced himself. She was too quiet even allowing for illness.

66 – Raincoat - The Avengers, Gen, Clint, Natasha, Natasha/The Winter Soldier (James)

She thinks of Paris. How, despite everything they'd managed to steal that one weekend, carefree and happy. His wide smile every time he'd looked at her, his skin against hers as they'd fucked, her stomach dipping and soaring as they'd held hands walking through the streets.

They'd got caught in the rain just by the Eiffel Tower and he'd pulled her in for another kiss, rain soaking them both, seeping between the collar of her coat and skin. He'd been in a light jacket.

"You'll catch your death," she'd said before playfully nipping at the corner of his mouth.

77 – Secret - The Avengers Gen, Clint, Natasha.

"No-one knew about us," she paused to blow her nose, then corrected herself. "Knows about us. I never told anyone till now."

Clint nodded, "So why are you..."

"Because I think- Hehkshh! Hehksshhh! Heh-Ktschhh-huhhh! - I thidk he's coddected to Steve. Ad I'b dot sure how thad's possible."

She blew her nose and sank back on to the couch closing her eyes.

Clint eyed her carefully. The flush was back in her cheeks and she'd started squinting as though maybe she had a headache. On the other hand, this was Tasha. She wasn't usually wrong about these things, sick or not.

2 - Science Fiction

"Look, Nat, it's not that I don't believe you but you're sick and feverish and what you're telling me is.. it's like science fiction."

"Like a man who turns green and shapeshifts when he gets angry? Defrosting a guy buried in the sea for 70 years?"

Clint pulled a face. "Or a circus brat turned archer who fights aliens? Yeah, I guess..." He mulled it over for a few moments. "Okay, so what do you... you, damnit..." He dipped his head and sneezed. "Hhhrshhh!"

Natasha winced. "Sorry."

"I'm not sick," he warned. "Okay, so what's the plan?"

She grinned.

Edited by Bruyere
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruyere

• evermissing

• SpookyScarySkeleton

• Garnet

The Night Vale one was adorable. :wub: I love when Cecil gets confused over what Carlos is saying. :laugh: It's so cute!

Yay LOTS more Hannibal drabbles! I was so excited to see this thread had been updated.

So happy that you decided to continue the Bedelia/Hannibal one; like Bedelia, I wanted to see more of Hannibal losing control a little bit, and this didn't disappoint. I'm a big fan of this whole bit especially:

Bedelia inclines her head graciously as though he were actually asking her permission. They both wait as he pants before expelling a forceful "Hehh, hehherrschuhh!"

Bedelia never usually fidgets; she's a perfect mirror of Hannibal. She goes to bless him but he remains curled into the handkerchief, his jaw clenched in annoyance and his nose twitching with irritation. It's probably the most spontaneous and natural reaction she's ever seen from Hannibal as he inhales again with no small amount of urgency.

She uncrosses, recrosses her legs, smooths an imaginary wrinkle from her skirt.

Bedelia is such a shrink in this ("giving permission" to sneeze, mirroring Hannibal, being an observer), and for some reason this kind of scenario--the intimacy of losing control in the middle of a therapy session--is a huuuge button-pusher for me. (Part of why I love the show so much: it's just. so. shrinky.)

And seriously, never apologize for writing too much. wink.png

The central metaphor in "Muffle" is so well thought out--"It brings a stillness to his world, like the muffled silence after winter's first snow" is a beautiful line, too.

As usual, I love that you did drabbles for less-than-obvious characters, too. Aside from Will and Hannibal, Alana and Beverly are possibly my two favorite regulars on the show, and your Alana drabble in particular just made me want to hug her. I don't necessarily ship Will/Alana (I'm not opposed to it, I just enjoy their friendship just as much), but I really feel that SOMEONE needs to go home with Alana and take care of her. smile.png

All that said, "June" may be my favorite. This:

He's got medication to take but you're supposed to take it with food every morning and so far he's remembered about one morning in three. He's taken it once without food and that's not a mistake he's going to make again.

and this:

He stifles two sneezes into his elbow as he fixes dinner for the dogs and immediately regrets it. They always seem to come back worse when he does that.

are just... *key-smashing* Poor Will. He's just such a stubborn and complete MESS. I love it.

• 5 weeks later...

@Spoo - Thank you! I imagine this is a daily occurrence in their relationship.

@evermissing - Thank you! I'm glad so many of those worked for you. I don't necessarily ship Will/Alana either but I do enjoy their interactions. And yeah, I might have bummed myself out writing that Alana drabble and started a longer thing where she gets looked after. rolleyessmileyanim.gif

1 - Kink :: 2 - Science Fiction :: 3 - Frightened :: 4 - Fake :: 5 – Pencil :: 6 – Squint :: 7 – Misplaced :: 8 – Joy :: 9 - Touched :: 10 – Cough :: 11 – Hot/Cold :: 12 – Sin :: 13 – Care :: 14 – Frail :: 15 – The End :: 16 – Three :: 17 – Never :: 18 – Midnight :: 19 – Promise :: 20 – Fight :: 21 – Pollen :: 22 – Embarrassment :: 23 – Alcohol :: 24 – Mask :: 25 – Mistake :: 26 – Suspicion :: 27 – Disagreement :: 28 – Assignment :: 29 – Purple :: 30 – June :: 31 – Calculating :: 32 – Fall :: 33 – Cry :: 34 – Relief :: 35 – Breath :: 36 – Miserable :: 37 – Chocolate :: 38 – Violent :: 39 – Muffle :: 40 – Swift :: 41 – Run :: 42 – Poison :: 43 – Contagion :: 44 – Tissue :: 45 – Sore :: 46 – Enraptured :: 47 – Wary :: 48 – Pathetic :: 49 – Sweat :: 50 – Gentle :: 51 – Milk :: 52 – Ravenous :: 53 – Blanket :: 54 – Needles :: 55 – Sports :: 55 – Ruin :: 56 – Lovely :: 57 – Hospital ::58 – Annoying :: 59 – Mother :: 60 – Bike :: 61 – Idiot :: 62 – Puppy :: 63 – Control :: 64 – Unfair :: 65 – Similarities :: 66 – Raincoat :: 67 – Worship :: 68 – Attitude :: 69 – Fuck :: 70 – Confession :: 71 – Floor :: 72 – Remedy :: 73 – Don’t :: 74 – Ego :: 75 – Heartless :: 76 – Lullaby :: 77 – Secret :: 78 – Shut Up :: 79 – Music :: 80 – Grudge :: 81 – Solitude :: 82 – Magic :: 83 – Dirty :: 84 – City :: 85 – Teacher :: 86 – Sky :: 87 – Hypocrite :: 88 – Tattoo :: 89 – Money :: 90 – Childhood :: 91 – Goodbye :: 92 – Victory :: 93 – Weather :: 94 – Photo :: 95 – Rage :: 96 – Internet :: 97 – Fashion :: 98 – Favor :: 99 – Lazy :: 100 – Airplane

Fandoms: Pacific Rim, Hannibal, New Sleep Hollow, New Star Trek,

Warnings: None.

7 – Misplaced - Sleepy Hollow (Fox), Abbie, Ichabod Crane

"Do you have a spare handkerchief? I seem to have misplaced mine."

Abbie glanced at Crane who was rubbing his nose and sniffling slightly. "Try the glovebox." She nodded at the compartment by his knees. "In there, the little packet,"

"This?" He held the plastic packet up. "These aren't handkerchiefs!"

"Kleenex." She said. "Times have moved on," she added kindly.

"Oh," he ran the paper handkerchief through his hand with a curious smile. He tentatively held one up to his nose then angled his body away from her before sneezing. "Hup-tchoo! Tchoo!"

"Bless you."

He blew his nose then frowned. "Most peculiar."

13 – Care, Pacific Rim, Raleigh/Mako

Mako brings him soup and tissues and extra pillows. She lets him sleep with his head on her lap and doesn't complain when he spends a day pulling blankets across his body before kicking them off a few hours later. He can't remember the last time he had someone to do this for him. Not since Yancy was alive.

It wasn't that people didn't care on the wall but if you didn't work then you didn't get paid and no-one really wanted to run the risk of getting sick as well.

Mako runs her fingers through his hair and he sighs contentedly.

27 – Disagreement, Star Trek, Spock/Uhura

"You shouldn't be here." Uhura blocked the entrance to her cabin. "I don't want to get you sick."

Spock frowned. "The incubation period for the common cold is 2 to 3 days, seeing as I have spent most of that time with you anyway it would be logical to assume that I would have already been exposed to-"

Uhura turned away from him sneezing into the crook of her elbow. "Etchoo! Het'choo!"

The corner of Spock's mouth quirked up. "Bless you."

Uhura sighed and ushered Spock in. "Fine but if you get sick you're the one who has to explain it to Bones."

48 – Pathetic, Hannibal, Will Graham, Abigail

If you looked up pathetic in the dictionary, thought Abigail, there'd probably be a picture of Will Graham in it. Dark circles under his eyes, pink fever splotches on his cheeks, his nose red and chapped and his pale face flushed every time he coughed or sneezed which was frequently.

"Huhh Kshhhuhhh! Ekshuhhh! 'Scuse be." Will wiped at his nose with a worn looking tissue.

Abigail sighed and passed him a box of tissues.

It was hard to imagine that this Will Graham, who looked like he’d lose a fight with a kitten was the same guy who’d done…that to her Dad.

96 – Internet, Hannibal, Freddie/Wendy

(ln the book Lounds is a guy, however I feel no need to change Wendy into a Wendall. Crossing my fingers that Bryan Fuller'll do the same.)

"Hey babe!" Freddie grinned as the Skype window burst to life and Wendy waved at her. "How are you?"

"I'b good." She cringed at the congestion in her voice.

"You sound funny. You okay?"

"Yeah. It's just a cold."

"Aww, poor baby. Wish I was there to look after you."

"Me too. Sorry-" Freddie twisted away from her laptop. "Ishh! Ishh! Ishuhhh! Huh-itschuhhh!" She blew her nose wearily.

"Bless you! Jeez, Freddie."

"Id's dot really as bad as it souds."

"If you say so. Hey, want me to take your mind off it? Got a new routine I could show ya..."

Edited by Bruyere

Gah! Sleepy Hollow! You have no idea how long I've been wanting that! (Since several months before it aired, actually... Not that I'm obsessed or anything...). I keep wanting to write something for it myself, but can't work up the courage. So, yeah, this was awesome. And I'm babbling. Because awesome.

I was so excited to see that this thread had been updated. smile.png

Soooo much love for "Pathetic," especially your description of Will; you get so much across in so few words. Also, Will looking "like he’d lose a fight with a kitten" <3<3<3. And I like how you get at that weird dichotomy in Will--how he's so vulnerable and fragile-seeming, but he also has that dark side that knows exactly what it's like to be a violent sociopath.

And then "Internet"! I've been rereading Red Dragon recently (actually I've been rewatching Hannibal with some friends, so revisiting the book seemed like a good idea), and I was surprised to be reminded that Harris's Freddy/Freddie does have a sympathetic human side that we see through his relationship with Wendy (and how much she genuinely cares about him, to the extent that even Will recognizes and respects it). So it was really cool to get this drabble, and also I agree COMPLETELY with you on this:

I feel no need to change Wendy into a Wendall. Crossing my fingers that Bryan Fuller'll do the same

I hadn't even thought about this, but now I hope so too.

Oh, also, I forgot two other points:

#1:

And yeah, I might have bummed myself out writing that Alana drabble and started a longer thing where she gets looked after.

Yesssss please. biggrin.png

#2:

Feel totally free to say no here, but: I've been trying to write a short Hannibal story lately, and I keep getting hung up on how much I like your idea from a while back, in "Similarities," that Will's empathy extends even to sneezing. Would you be okay if I used it (assuming I ever finish this story at all), of course giving full credit to you for the genius idea? smile.png As I said, if you're not comfortable with it I won't do it, and that's completely fine too. (It's just SUCH A GREAT IDEA.)

It was hard to imagine that this Will Graham, who looked like he’d lose a fight with a kitten was the same guy who’d done…that to her Dad.

Goodbye, I am dead.

Also, I highly approve of keeping Freddie with a woman, regardless of her own gender. I love your drabbles, such bite-sized little morsels of goodness :q

And evermissing, ugh pleeease please write that, I would read the hell out of it. Along a similar vein, I was thinking about Will's canon quirk of picking up on people's speaking styles and accents subconsciously, and wondered if he'd unwittingly "copy" the sound of their sneeze, too, in a mutually sick or allergic environment.

Things my brain plays with.

@Kestrel - Thanks! I wasn't expecting to feel fannish about this show and I'm still not sure that I do but the characters are so excellent and Abby is so competent and Ichabod is hilarious that I'm starting to really love them (2 episodes in!). There will probably be more?! It doesn't hurt that Tom Mison is gorgeous, either! wink.png

Also, iirc there used to be a bit of Sleepy Hollow fic for the original film around back in the day. It might still be on the archive if you're interested?

@Evermissing - Omg, of course you can use that idea. I'm just barely refraining from screaming DO IT DO IT DO IT Kirk style at the computer. Seriously that would be amazing!

I'm glad you liked the Freddie/Wendy drabble. To keep the same dynamic they have in the book it makes more sense imho to have them as a lesbian couple. And I really hope Wendy does show up. The Fred/Wendy relationship is so great int he book it'd be nice to see it on screen and it really does make Lounds seem more human.

@garnet OMG, Will actually mimicking or unconsciously copying the sounds of people's sneezes.surprise.gifblowup.gifclapping.gifYou took it and made it better. You should definitely write something along those lines! I mean, if you want to. blushsmiley.gif

And I'm glad you liked the drabbles and they worked for you!

Edited by Bruyere

Garnet:

Along a similar vein, I was thinking about Will's canon quirk of picking up on people's speaking styles and accents subconsciously, and wondered if he'd unwittingly "copy" the sound of their sneeze, too, in a mutually sick or allergic environment.

addlkfkgsdklglkgg

I agree with Bruyere, I want this story like YESTERDAY. Only if you want to, of course, but clearly you would have at least two guaranteed readers. smile.png

Bruyere:

To keep the same dynamic they have in the book it makes more sense imho to have them as a lesbian couple.

Yeah, I agree. And given that they didn't do anything particularly queer in the first season (besides that little allusion to how the Franklin-analogue from the books was gay), Freddie/Wendy would be very welcome.

And re: Will's empathetic sneezes: yay, thanks! I'm planning to try to write some tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to make it work.

Id be up to read that , whatever u shall write aha !:3 always looking for new material to read.. Thanks for the update it's amazing , perf <3

Eek! I just read the Sleepy Hollow drabble. Thanks for directing me here. :D

Awwwww, Ichabod. You have so much to learn, sweetie! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

@Yugure no Yuki - Thanks!

@DeathNoteOwner - Thanks!

@Spoo - Thanks! Since writing that first drabble and being 'Oh I'm not too sure about this' I am now firmly in the 'asdfghjkl; I love this show' camp.

1 - Kink :: 2 - Science Fiction :: 3 - Frightened :: 4 - Fake :: 5 – Pencil :: 6 – Squint :: 7 – Misplaced :: 8 – Joy :: 9 - Touched :: 10 – Cough :: 11 – Hot/Cold :: 12 – Sin :: 13 – Care :: 14 – Frail :: 15 – The End :: 16 – Three :: 17 – Never :: 18 – Midnight :: 19 – Promise :: 20 – Fight :: 21 – Pollen :: 22 – Embarrassment :: 23 – Alcohol :: 24 – Mask :: 25 – Mistake :: 26 – Suspicion :: 27 – Disagreement :: 28 – Assignment :: 29 – Purple :: 30 – June :: 31 – Calculating :: 32 – Fall :: 33 – Cry :: 34 – Relief :: 35 – Breath :: 36 – Miserable :: 37 – Chocolate :: 38 – Violent :: 39 – Muffle :: 40 – Swift :: 41 – Run :: 42 – Poison :: 43 – Contagion :: 44 – Tissue :: 45 – Sore :: 46 – Enraptured :: 47 – Wary :: 48 – Pathetic :: 49 – Sweat :: 50 – Gentle :: 51 – Milk :: 52 – Ravenous :: 53 – Blanket :: 54 – Needles :: 55 – Sports :: 55 – Ruin :: 56 – Lovely :: 57 – Hospital ::58 – Annoying :: 59 – Mother :: 60 – Bike :: 61 – Idiot :: 62 – Puppy :: 63 – Control :: 64 – Unfair :: 65 – Similarities :: 66 – Raincoat :: 67 – Worship :: 68 – Attitude :: 69 – Fuck :: 70 – Confession :: 71 – Floor :: 72 – Remedy :: 73 – Don’t :: 74 – Ego :: 75 – Heartless :: 76 – Lullaby :: 77 – Secret :: 78 – Shut Up :: 79 – Music :: 80 – Grudge :: 81 – Solitude :: 82 – Magic :: 83 – Dirty :: 84 – City :: 85 – Teacher :: 86 – Sky :: 87 – Hypocrite :: 88 – Tattoo :: 89 – Money :: 90 – Childhood :: 91 – Goodbye :: 92 – Victory :: 93 – Weather :: 94 – Photo :: 95 – Rage :: 96 – Internet :: 97 – Fashion :: 98 – Favor :: 99 – Lazy :: 100 – Airplane

Fandoms: Star Trek XI, Sleepy Hollow, Elementary, Hannibal,

Warnings: None

26 – Suspicion, Star Trek XI, Uhura/Spock

Follows on from #27 - Disagreement

"Are you okay?" Uhura narrowed her eyes at Spock.

Spock nodded. "I am quite well."

"Hmm. You feel a little hotter than usual."

"Vulcan body temperature runs-"

"I know." Uhura interrupted. She rested the back of her hand against Spock's forehead. His eyes closed and he leaned into the cool of her hand. She murmured in concern.

"I -" he span away from her, quickly raising an arm to cover his face. "Hehhitschhh! Ihiiiitschuh!"

Spock blinked slowly. "Excuse me, I..."

"Bless you. Come on," she steered him towards the bed. "Get some rest and then you can let Bones know."

72 – Remedy, Sleepy Hollow, Ichabod, Abbie, gen

He looked at the green liquid with distrust. "How have you managed to send people to the moon and yet not contrived to find a cure for the cohhh, commohhh Hutschoo! Huhhhshiurrhhh!"

"Bless you. I'll launch a complaint with the scientific community on your behalf. Now drink the medicine." Abbie pressed the cup into his hand.

He swirled it in the cup and wrinkled his nose at it. Finally, he toasted her with it and swallowed it in one. "Oh god," he spluttered. "That's absolutely horrible."

"Mmm." Abbie tried not to look too amused. "It will help you sleep though."

9 – Touched, Elementary, Joan, Sherlock, Gen

Joan blinked at her phone, not quite trusting its display. She dressed and made her way downstairs.

"Did you solve the case last night?"

"Hmm?" Sherlock looked up from the police file he was reading. “No.”

“You let me sleep in?”

"You seemed unwell yesterday and I need you back at full health as soon as-"

"Tshuhh! Tshuhh!"

"-possible. Bless you." Sherlock added sounding dismayed.

“Oh. Thank you.” She sneezed into the crook of her arm again. “Eh-tshuhh! It doesn't seem to have done much good."

"Go back to bed. I'll bring you up some tea. The reading can wait."

57 – Hospital, Hannibal, Abigail, Will, Gen

Follows on from #48 - Pathetic

Abigail frowned as Will launched into another round of painful sounding coughs. "Perhaps you should be the one in here."

He glanced up at her and guilt twisted her stomach as alarm flashed briefly across his face. "Not because you're… Um.” She paused awkwardly. “But because you're sick."

"Hekshh!"

"Bless you."

“Oh. It’s just a cold, nothing to worry about.” He smiled at her but it failed to reach his eyes. “I hope I’m not contagious, I don’t want to get you sick.”

She waved her hand dismissively, mouth curling with the same almost smile Will had just shown. “I’ll survive.”

Edited by Bruyere
  • 4 weeks later...

sdsdfkfk;lklglkg I missed that you'd continued "Pathetic"! Ugh, I love it. The way you used the prompt word is brilliant--I mean, even in the show it's often really hard to distinguish Will's physical and mental suffering--and Abigail's concern, and Will worrying that he'll get her sick, and "I'll survive"...seriously, I was so happy to discover this drabble. Thank you for brightening up my afternoon. :D

@Spoo - Thank you!

@Daisoku - Thanks!

@evermissing - Your comment actually brightened up a rather miserable Friday for me last week so thank you!

Fandoms: Hannibal

Warnings: None

62 - Puppy, Hannibal, Will, Beverley, Gen

– This is the video Beverley shows Will.

“I thought forensics weren’t due back till tomohh… tomohhrohh, ‘scuse… Eshuhhh! Heh-etchuhhh!

“Bless you. They’re not.” Beverley beckoned him over to her computer. “You looked like you could use a break earlier.”

Will sighed before burying another sneeze in his elbow. “Ehktsch!

“Here,” she handed him a cup of coffee and nudged a box of Kleenex towards him, then tapped at the keyboard.

He huffed as a Youtube video featuring fat, waddling corgi puppies popped up. “You brought me down here to watch puppies?”

“You’d prefer kittens?” Beverley teased, hands hovering over the keyboard.

“No, no.” Will replied a little too quickly before laughing. “Puppies are good.”

• 2 weeks later...

AHHHH YAY ANOTHER DRABBLE! :D I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted. This just made my insides melt. I hadn't seen that video (although thanks to you, now I've watched it at least half a dozen times), but I am a biiig fan of prescribing Too Cute! as the cure for all ills. Seriously, best idea for a show ever.

Basically: sick Will + Beverly looking out for him + puppies = perfection.

• 1 month later...

1 - Kink :: 2 - Science Fiction :: 3 - Frightened :: 4 - Fake :: 5 – Pencil :: 6 – Squint :: 7 – Misplaced :: 8 – Joy :: 9 - Touched :: 10 – Cough :: 11 – Hot/Cold :: 12 – Sin :: 13 – Care :: 14 – Frail :: 15 – The End :: 16 – Three :: 17 – Never :: 18 – Midnight :: 19 – Promise :: 20 – Fight :: 21 – Pollen :: 22 – Embarrassment :: 23 – Alcohol :: 24 – Mask :: 25 – Mistake :: 26 – Suspicion :: 27 – Disagreement :: 28 – Assignment :: 29 – Purple :: 30 – June :: 31 – Calculating :: 32 – Fall :: 33 – Cry :: 34 – Relief :: 35 – Breath :: 36 – Miserable :: 37 – Chocolate :: 38 – Violent :: 39 – Muffle :: 40 – Swift :: 41 – Run :: 42 – Poison :: 43 – Contagion :: 44 – Tissue :: 45 – Sore :: 46 – Enraptured :: 47 – Wary :: 48 – Pathetic :: 49 – Sweat :: 50 – Gentle :: 51 – Milk :: 52 – Ravenous :: 53 – Blanket :: 54 – Needles :: 55a – Sports :: 55b – Ruin :: 56 – Lovely :: 57 – Hospital ::58 – Annoying :: 59 – Mother :: 60 – Bike :: 61 – Idiot :: 62 – Puppy :: 63 – Control :: 64 – Unfair :: 65 – Similarities :: 66 – Raincoat :: 67 – Worship :: 68 – Attitude :: 69 – Fuck :: 70 – Confession :: 71 – Floor :: 72 – Remedy :: 73 – Don’t :: 74 – Ego :: 75 – Heartless :: 76 – Lullaby :: 77 – Secret :: 78 – Shut Up :: 79 – Music :: 80 – Grudge :: 81 – Solitude :: 82 – Magic :: 83 – Dirty :: 84 – City :: 85 – Teacher :: 86 – Sky :: 87 – Hypocrite :: 88 – Tattoo :: 89 – Money :: 90 – Childhood :: 91 – Goodbye :: 92 – Victory :: 93 – Weather :: 94 – Photo :: 95 – Rage :: 96 – Internet :: 97 – Fashion :: 98 – Favor :: 99 – Lazy :: 100 – Airplane

Fandoms: Hannibal, Arrow, The Americans, Welcome to Night Vale

Warnings: Tiiiiiiiny spoilers for WTNV Ep 35 - Lazy Day

83 – Dirty, Hannibal, Will, Gen

Will rubbed vigorously at the last persistent spot of motor oil on his face and grimaced. Clearly tooling about with the boat engine whilst he had a cold hadn’t been his smartest idea.

He’d forgotten that his hands were covered in grease, dirt and motor oil when the sneezing fit had started and without thinking he’d put his hands up to his face to catch the forceful sneezes, a box of Kleenex just out of his reach. By the time the sneezing had ceased and he’d been able to grab a few Kleenex the damage had already been done.

45 – Sore, Arrow, Oliver, Felicity

Oliver had been pacing back and forth in his office for five minutes now, one hand clamped to his left side and the other massaging the bridge of his nose.

“Are you okay? Do your ribs still hurt from that fight last night?”

He frowned, annoyed that she’d manage to sneak up on him. “It’s uhh, I need to hehhh-” He pinched his nose shut tight.

“Seriously?”

Tchh-huhhhh! Oh God.” He let out a deep hiss of pain and sank back into his chair carefully but with relief.

“Gesundheit! Are you coming down with something?”

He groaned. “I hope not.”

81 – Solitude, The Americans, Elizabeth

She’d spent so much time resenting Philip that now that he was gone she was only just starting to realise how much she needed him. She curled tighter into a ball wishing that he was still there to look after like he always did when she was sick. How he’d corral the kids and make them inappropriate packed lunches packed with PB&J sandwiches and chips.

How he’d make her soup and let her curl up next to him.

Stifling a sneeze into her sleeve she rolls over onto his half of the bed and tries not to miss him so deeply.

99 – Lazy, Welcome to Night Vale, Cecil/Carlos

Set after Ep 35 - Lazy Day

“How’s your cold?” Carlos asked.

Cecil shrugged, sniffling into a tissue. “I’m feeling better, it was a lazy day at the station.”

“So I heard,” said Carlos, smiling. “But maybe no more drugs for you til after the show next time.”

“Why?”

“Gravity stopped working? I was floating?”

“You weren’t floating? Huh, that’s disappointing.”

“I did get the gutters cleaned out if that’s any consolation?”

“I guess.” Cecil twisted away from Carlos, pitching into the tissue with a pair of violent sneezes. “Ishuhh! Huhitschuhh!

“Bless you.” Carlos patted the couch. “Come sit here and be lazy next to me instead.”

Edited by Bruyere

@Daisoku Thanks! Cecil really sounded like he had a cold through that episode and I just couldn't resist.

1 - Kink :: 2 - Science Fiction :: 3 - Frightened :: 4 - Fake :: 5 – Pencil :: 6 – Squint :: 7 – Misplaced :: 8 – Joy :: 9 - Touched :: 10 – Cough :: 11 – Hot/Cold :: 12 – Sin :: 13 – Care :: 14 – Frail :: 15 – The End :: 16 – Three :: 17 – Never :: 18 – Midnight :: 19 – Promise :: 20 – Fight :: 21 – Pollen :: 22 – Embarrassment :: 23 – Alcohol :: 24 – Mask :: 25 – Mistake :: 26 – Suspicion :: 27 – Disagreement :: 28 – Assignment :: 29 – Purple :: 30 – June :: 31 – Calculating :: 32 – Fall :: 33 – Cry :: 34 – Relief :: 35 – Breath :: 36 – Miserable :: 37 – Chocolate :: 38 – Violent :: 39 – Muffle :: 40 – Swift :: 41 – Run :: 42 – Poison :: 43 – Contagion :: 44 – Tissue :: 45 – Sore :: 46 – Enraptured :: 47 – Wary :: 48 – Pathetic :: 49 – Sweat :: 50 – Gentle :: 51 – Milk :: 52 – Ravenous :: 53 – Blanket :: 54 – Needles :: 55a – Sports :: 55b – Ruin :: 56 – Lovely :: 57 – Hospital ::58 – Annoying :: 59 – Mother :: 60 – Bike :: 61 – Idiot :: 62 – Puppy :: 63 – Control :: 64 – Unfair :: 65 – Similarities :: 66 – Raincoat :: 67 – Worship :: 68 – Attitude :: 69 – Fuck :: 70 – Confession :: 71 – Floor :: 72 – Remedy :: 73 – Don’t :: 74 – Ego :: 75 – Heartless :: 76 – Lullaby :: 77 – Secret :: 78 – Shut Up :: 79 – Music :: 80 – Grudge :: 81 – Solitude :: 82 – Magic :: 83 – Dirty :: 84 – City :: 85 – Teacher :: 86 – Sky :: 87 – Hypocrite :: 88 – Tattoo :: 89 – Money :: 90 – Childhood :: 91 – Goodbye :: 92 – Victory :: 93 – Weather :: 94 – Photo :: 95 – Rage :: 96 – Internet :: 97 – Fashion :: 98 – Favor :: 99 – Lazy :: 100 – Airplane

Fandoms: Arrow, Sleepy Hollow, Hannibal

Warnings: ...Hannibal's cooking? hannibalsmiley.png <- This forum has a Hannibal smiley and I have been waiting for an excuse to use it.

20 – Fight, Arrow, gen, Oliver, Felicity, Diggle

“I’m fine, really. I can fight if I have to.” Oliver turned away from Diggle and Felicity and hastily buried two sneezes into the crook of his elbow. “Huhh-ktschh! Eh-ktschhuhh!

“For God’s sake Oliver,” said Felicity

“Maybe it would be better if I was the Hood?” Diggle offered. “Just for tonight.”

Hehh, heh-ktschuhh! Eshuhh!

“Bless you,” said Diggle and Felicity in unison.

Oliver sighed. If he couldn’t even win this fight there was no chance he’d be up for anything physical tonight. “Okay,” he conceded. “Digg, you take charge tonight. Felicity and I will keep an eye on things from here.”

60 – Bike, Arrow, Gen, Oliver, Diggle

Diggle grinned as he realised he’d get to take the bike out.

“Don’t scratch it,” said Oliver as he handed over the keys.

“I’m hurt. You think I’m going to take anything less than total care of her?”

“I thi- hihh, thiiihh Huhitshuhh! Uhhishuhh”

“I think if you’d gone out like that then you’d have been the one scratching her. Besides, you’re the one who has to watch out tonight. Felicity’s gonna drown you in tea.”

Oliver laughed, placing a hand over still sore ribs. “Yeah you might have a point thehhh, there ehh, huhitschuhh! Damnit.”

“Bless you. Get some rest before tonight.”

98 – Favor, Sleepy Hollow, Luke, Abbie

“Here,” Luke placed the steaming mug on her desk.

Abbie stiffened. “I didn’t ask for this.”

“I know,” he said. “But you’re sick and I-”

“Thank you.” She wrapped her hands around the mug before taking a small sip. Luke was the only person who knew how to make it how she liked. She placed the mug back on her desk and turned away from him. “Tchh! Heh-tchh!

“Bless you. If you need anything else…”

“Luke…”

“Yeah, I know.” His mouth twisted in an unhappy smile. “But if you need anything just ask, okay?”

“Okay,” she nodded. “Thank you.”

52 – Ravenous, Hannibal, Gen, Will, Hannibal,

Eshuhhh! Heh-eshuhhh! Urgh, sorry.” Will sniffled into a tissue.

“How are you feeling?” Hannibal asked.

“Uh, I’b actually feeling a lot better,” he paused to cough and blow his nose. “Sorry,” he added. “I still sound a little,” He waved his hand, “but I’ve got my appetite back and I felt fine at work today.”

“You’re welcome to stay for dinner after your session if you’d like.”

“I wasn’t trying to fish for an invite,” Will flushed and dipped his head in embarrassment.

“It would be my pleasure.”

Will hesitated. “Nothing too fancy?”

Hannibal smiled. “I’m sure I can find something suitable.”

ahhhhhhhhh YAY YAY YAY for updates on this thread!

Will is QUITE LITERALLY such a mess in "Dirty"; I love it. I love how pretty much anything he does can turn into a "SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WILL GRAHAM" moment. biggrin.png

And I will never, ever not be delighted by sneezy-Will-in-therapy stories. Seriously. This:

“Sorry,” he added. “I still sound a little,” He waved his hand

<3 <3 <3 I really like that he doesn't actually say it (sick, congested, gross, whatever) here, like he really doesn't want a big deal made out of it in any way. And later his embarrassment about Hannibal possibly just feeling reluctantly compelled to offer him a sympathy meal or something. And "Nothing too fancy." I'm such a sucker for exploration of... well, partly it's a social-class difference, since Will grew up poor and (at least as far as Will knows, anyway) Hannibal didn't. But also just Will's discomfort at how much more "cultured" or "sophisticated" he feels Hannibal to be, and Hannibal's way of gracefully ignoring the disconnect--inviting Will to his dinner parties, for example, or even offering him high-quality wine during sessions (I reaaally don't think that Will is a wine-drinker by choice or that he has any kind of palate for it). It's both kind of cute and kind of... creepy, because Hannibal takes so much pleasure in seeing Will uncomfortable or ill at ease. Like, Will's right, he would probably have had an awkward, mostly miserable time if he'd attended that dinner at the end of "Sorbet," but Hannibal's all, "I disagree. You will have an awkward, mostly miserable time and IT WILL BE TRANSCENDENTLY BEAUTIFUL."

Anyway, sorry for tangent! I just appreciate that there's all that potential subtext and nuance behind "Nothing too fancy?" smile.png

• 1 month later...

Evermissing - Eee! Thank you for the fb. It always puts a massive smile on my face :D

It's both kind of cute and kind of... creepy, because Hannibal takes so much pleasure in seeing Will uncomfortable or ill at ease. - Yes, it's a good example of how Hannibal keeps Will on the back foot without him even realizing it. I get the feeling that if it weren't for the encephalitis(!) Will would have caught onto this sort of thing much earlier.

but Hannibal's all, "I disagree. You will have an awkward, mostly miserable time and IT WILL BE TRANSCENDENTLY BEAUTIFUL."

It probably would have been transcendently beautiful in its awkwardness. (Oh why does Will suffer so beautifully?)

1 - Kink :: 2 - Science Fiction :: 3 - Frightened :: 4 - Fake :: 5 – Pencil :: 6 – Squint :: 7 – Misplaced :: 8 – Joy :: 9 - Touched :: 10 – Cough :: 11 – Hot/Cold :: 12 – Sin :: 13 – Care :: 14 – Frail :: 15 – The End :: 16 – Three :: 17 – Never :: 18 – Midnight :: 19 – Promise :: 20 – Fight :: 21 – Pollen :: 22 – Embarrassment :: 23 – Alcohol :: 24 – Mask :: 25 – Mistake :: 26 – Suspicion :: 27 – Disagreement :: 28 – Assignment :: 29 – Purple :: 30 – June :: 31 – Calculating :: 32 – Fall :: 33 – Cry :: 34 – Relief :: 35 – Breath :: 36 – Miserable :: 37 – Chocolate :: 38 – Violent :: 39 – Muffle :: 40 – Swift :: 41 – Run :: 42 – Poison :: 43 – Contagion :: 44 – Tissue :: 45 – Sore :: 46 – Enraptured :: 47 – Wary :: 48 – Pathetic :: 49 – Sweat :: 50 – Gentle :: 51 – Milk :: 52 – Ravenous :: 53 – Blanket :: 54 – Needles :: 55a – Sports :: 55b – Ruin :: 56 – Lovely :: 57 – Hospital ::58 – Annoying :: 59 – Mother :: 60 – Bike :: 61Idiot :: 62 – Puppy :: 63 – Control :: 64 – Unfair :: 65 – Similarities :: 66 – Raincoat :: 67 – Worship :: 68 – Attitude :: 69 – Fuck :: 70 – Confession :: 71 – Floor :: 72 – Remedy :: 73 – Don’t :: 74 – Ego :: 75 – Heartless :: 76 – Lullaby :: 77 – Secret :: 78 – Shut Up :: 79 – Music :: 80 – Grudge :: 81 – Solitude :: 82 – Magic :: 83 – Dirty :: 84 – City :: 85 – Teacher :: 86 – Sky :: 87 – Hypocrite :: 88 – Tattoo :: 89 – Money :: 90 – Childhood :: 91 – Goodbye :: 92 – Victory :: 93 – Weather :: 94 – Photo :: 95 – Rage :: 96 – Internet :: 97 – Fashion :: 98 – Favor :: 99 – Lazy :: 100 – Airplane

Fandoms: The Good Wife, Hannibal

Warnings: S5 spoilers for The Good Wife

74 – Ego, The Good Wife, Will, Diane, Gen

“Will,” says Diane, “You are not going to court today.”

“I am not letting her win this, hehhh, this case...” He turns away from his desk. “Eshuhhh! Heheshuhhh!

Diane takes a step back as he sneezes. “We are not going to let her win this case but you are not going to win like this.” She holds out her hand for the files. “I’ve got this. Go home. When was the last time you took a day off?”

Will ignores the question. “Alicia will try to-“

“I know.”

Will sneezes again.

“This is personal for me too, you know,” she says.

3 – Frightened, Hannibal, Bedelia, Gen

“Heh-mptch! Mmptchh!” Bedelia bobs forward with both sneezes. “Excuse me,” she offers as she recovers. Hannibal raises an eyebrow, curious, but continues talking when she adds no further explanation.

Bedelia tries to refocus on what he’s saying about Will Graham but her head feels heavy and Hannibal’s gaze is as penetrating and unwavering as ever. A chill works its way down her spine and she can’t attribute it to the cold she’s suffering with. Ever since Jack’s visit she’s had a growing sense of unease that she can’t, or won’t, place.

It would be better, she thinks, not to see Hannibal when she feels unwell.

N'aww Bedelia :( I feel so bad for the position she's in (especially given the content of this week's episode), but at the same time respect her aplomb and cool head. Especially with a cold <3