Sneeze Fetish Forum

Attention+Concentration issues.

SpookyScarySkeleton

How does one have a bigger Attention Span? . Mine is quite small.

Hard to concentrate on tasks at hands & school.

Any tips? Thank you c:

Training.

First, see how long you can concentrate on, say, a History assignment (if you have those; any other long-winded subject will do as well.) This requires that you sit down and start the task, obviously. Only, AS SOON AS you feel your concentration flagging, you abandon the task. Mark the time you've spent on it. Note: it does not matter how much time that is, even if it's only six minutes. An essential part of this training is keeping in mind that it's okay, you're working on it, you're doing well, and it's okay.

Take fifteen minutes to do something you really like. (Or six things. Just make sure it's no longer than fifteen minutes.)

Next, go back to your original assignment. Tell yourself, "I am going to spend another six minutes on this assignment. PLUS ONE MINUTE."

The idea is that each time you go back, you add a reasonable percentage of your maximum concentration time. If your max is fifteen minutes, add three each time. If it goes well, you can add bigger chunks after a while. Note: if it doesn't go well, don't beat yourself up and don't stop trying. The two are equally important, believe me.

Good luck!

Archived