Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sad news for our Glee fans

murphy dee

Cory Monteith, who played Finn on Glee, was found dead yesterday in his hotel room by staff when he missed his check-out time. Foul play has been ruled out and it's rumored that his death is being investigated as a drug overdose. Apparently he's been battling drug addiction since he was a young teenager. He was 31 when he died (odd to find out - I always thought he was younger than me).

Now I know a lot of us, myself included, were taking pot shots at Glee in that Snake Pit thread. Well, I just want to say to those forum members who are in fact Glee fans - I'm incredibly sorry that this has happened. I know Cory was a favorite and was pretty much beloved across the board (I have a lot of friends on tumblr who watch Glee), so this must be really sad for all of you and you have my condolences. :hug:

(Kinda reminds me of when Heath Ledger died. I'm still not over that one.)

I don't even know the show, neither I know the actor. But it's always so sad if someone dies much too young. sadsmiley.gif

(Kinda reminds me of when Heath Ledger died. I'm still not over that one.)

*nods* (or River Phoenix - much longer ago, I still can't forget about it...) :(

This was truly a tragedy. Another young, talented life...gone. :( My condolences go out to Cory's family, co-stars/friends, and all of his fans.

I feel so sad. I can't even begin to imagine how much pain his family and friends are in. I read somewhere that Lea and Cory were getting married soon which is heartbreaking. I had a dream about Cory last night which was totally random so when I found out I was doubly shocked. I hope everyone gets the support that they need (especially Lea) :(

Death is always just absolutely awful. :(

I remember recently reading an article that he's spent much of his life struggling with substance abuse. So sad...especially when he was really working on recovering. It's a hard road though. Frankly, I was mostly just surprised to find out that a 31 year-old was playing the role of a recent high school graduate.

I'm so shocked. I knew he had a drug problem but it seemed that he was really changing his life around. He was a favorite for me and many others. It's just a shock and so, so, so sad, but I know that the Glee family will get through this together and remember Corey as an incredible and awesome man.

I was just about to post something about this omg. I'm just so sad. I've always been a huge fan of his. Hearing this just so heartbreaking. I can't imagine what Lea and his family are going through. 31? Geez. That's too young. So shoking devistating. </3 ugh. Death affects me so much guys. :(

Ah, I heard the news. :( Such a tragedy.

Cory meant so much to me, and to so many others.

Glee is about opening yourself up to joy, Cory, and without you, I wouldn't have been able to do that.

Rest in glee, my beautiful baby boy. </3

I found out the news via the phone from my mother as soon as I woke up. Immediately I was just so so shocked and upset, hoping that it was just some cruel, sick joke... and it's really hard to put into words. He was a major part of Glee and an inspiration for so many, a superb actor, he's been there on the journey with us from the very start, and it's so hard to comprehend that we'd loose such an sweet, amazing, talented man so early on in his life when he still had so much left to live for. Safe to say emotions are running sky-high right now, but I think that's to be expected from most of the fandom. Rest in Peace, Cory. You'll be sorely, desperately missed and never ever forgotten.

I don't like Glee, but I was really sad when I found out. Poor guy was so young.

And Westboro Baptist Church has started to be incredibly rude once again, which is another reason to be sad.

I am so upset over this. I was in shock at first, and didn't really feel anything, but after a little while it kinda set in and I am just in disbelief. I cannot imagine how sad Lea is. They were supposed to get married in two weeks. :'( Just awful.

Well, considering Cory's roots are in Canada, his family is from Canada, and everything there's a strong possibility that he will be buried in Canada which Westboro Baptist Church is banned so that's good. It's just incredibly upsetting and shocking how suddenly anyone can go just like that.

I got the news this morning and my sisters and I have been grieving most of the day. Glee was a huge part of my life when I was in middle school, and although I've stopped watching it, Cory was someone who left an impression on me. May he rest in peace, it was definitely not his time :(

I started the Glee thread in The Snake Pit, and I still dislike Glee.

But this is a tragedy. 31 is no age to die at all. I feel for his friends, family and co workers

I also feel for the Glee fans. I remember how utterly devastated I was when Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan died aged 29. I felt like my world collapsed briefly, so I do feel for you.

R.I.P Cory.

Well, considering Cory's roots are in Canada, his family is from Canada, and everything there's a strong possibility that he will be buried in Canada which Westboro Baptist Church is banned so that's good. It's just incredibly upsetting and shocking how suddenly anyone can go just like that.

The Westboro Baptist Church is not banned in Canada. I'm not sure where that information came from. We are, however, stricter in our hate speech laws and enforcement of such. So they would not be permitted to demonstrate as per their usual agenda.

Ah, I'm sorry! I thought they were. I got that from a Canadian Glee fan from tumblr. Oops. My bad.

Archived