Sneeze Fetish Forum

Possible to block/hide certain users in forum threads?

Kramfors

I think the title says it all...but for clarification, is it possible to block from my view, once logged in, certain users' responses in threads? In other words, see all other responses but those blocked/hidden?

Yuppers!

Although... I have to say that I have no idea whether or not one can do this if they are pending. Go to your profile- go to "Manage Your Ignore Preferences" and put in person(s) screename and POOF you won't be able to see what they post. You'll see that they've posted and there will be something to click so that if you want to be a masochist that you can peek. lol! Otherwise- the only time that it doesn't work is if someone quotes the person.

So... I hope that 1) You are able to if you feel that you need to. and 2) That the person doesn't get quoted by many people. hehehe

Hope that helps! All the best! :)

Hope that helps! All the best! smile.png

What a thoughtful, insightful and terrific answer. I am very thankful for your response.

One day I aspire to be not "pending" and then I can implement your instructions.

Thank you so much!

K.

And it worked perfectly. I didn't even have to ignore the users, just their signatures...awesome and thanks again!

Oh yes, there's definitely an option to ignore all signatures if you want to. :) I have that done, moving .gifs and giant pictures clogging up threads irk me immensely.

....moving .gifs and giant pictures clogging up threads irk me immensely.

There's really only so much I can take...thanks again!

I didn't even have to ignore the users, just their signatures...awesome and thanks again!

Wow - thank you! That helps a lot. :)

Now I wonder if it is at all possible to block certain topics... like say a topic in the snake pit and seeing it makes you really upset or something or like something in off-top that triggers you or whatever. Do we have a block-topic function, to ignore a thread?

I don't think you can block specific topics Amy. The four possibilities are as follows and these relate to the specific members that you choose.

Ignore:

Signature

Chats

It would be nice if there was a block topic function. It's easy enough to say that if you don't like a topic than don't read it, but sometimes you could forget what was in a topic and click on it again, especially if someone replied to it again after a few weeks.

Archived