Sneeze Fetish Forum

Can not start a new paragraph

Lalena

Hey! I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with this, or if anyone knows how to fix the problem. The "enter" key isn't working for me, but only when I am typing in the body of a topic, so I can not create more than one paragraph. I tried to use "enter" in a word document and other sites and it worked so I know it's not my keyboard. Any idea what's going on?

I'm not really sure. I'm experimenting with it right now to see if I can get the same thing to happen.

I've tried both the quick editor and the more advanced editor, and I can use my enter key in both cases.

Have you tried restarting your browser? That might not work, but there's always the chance. Restarting fixes a lot of things.

Don't use Explorer. ;)

At least that was my problem (amongst other stuff w/ using Explorer)- I had that same thing happen to me. I'd have to toggle the editing mode (upper left button within the posting section) in order to use enter. And then toggle back if I wanted smilies or anything.

When I switched to Chrome all of the nonsense that I couldn't do... ceased and life was grand.

When I switched to Chrome all of the nonsense that I couldn't do... ceased and life was grand.

^^ This! :)

It happened to me but only when I was on my laptop (using internet explorer)

I asked TheCakeIsALie and she suggested using Chrome and I've never had the problem since :proud:

I have the same problem, I have to type in word and then copy and paste it otherwise it looks just how my mum writes a text message. All one paragraph. Having said that at least I put full stops in now and again!! I am trying to press enter now and it is not working but it will be interesting to know if it works with chrome. I am just glad it is not just me who has this issue so at least you may realise that t is not how I would normally write or that I didn't get dropped on my head as a child.....too hard anyway.

Everyone seems to be having this issue! Vetinari and count de tisza are the two I remember who started threads about it off the top of my head. What browser are you guys all using?

I have the same problem, I have to type in word and then copy and paste it otherwise it looks just how my mum writes a text message.

<snort laugh>

I'm using internet explorer because I am sharing my computer more and more and NO ONE uses explorer. It's one of my ways to protect myself. Private browser in internet explorer to ensure no one will find my previous history.

I have this problem! I have to do the ol' copy/paste if I want more than one paragraph. Really annoying, honestly...But what was that about toggling? How do I do it?

Ooh, nevermind! I did it!

I'm using internet explorer because I am sharing my computer more and more and NO ONE uses explorer. It's one of my ways to protect myself. Private browser in internet explorer to ensure no one will find my previous history.

Unfortunately, Explorer doesn't work well with a lot of sites. In most development circles, it's considered as archaic as Netscape. As we don't code the site ourselves, but rely on the developers, there's not much we can do to add functionality there.

Archived