Sneeze Fetish Forum

Finding the balance

Zebra

So I've just started my A levels and I feel like I should make a plan to balance school work with my social life. I'm aiming for good grades but I don't want to spend 2 years of my life studying constantly because I kinda need to practice socializing with new people for whatever I do after I finish school. That being said, I don't want to piss my education away. I think my plan is to try and finish my work throughout the week and save the weekends for socializing/chilling but at the moment I'm finding it difficult because I keep procrastinating (like I am now). I was wondering if you guys have any tips with regards to school vs social life vs job vs other stuff or maybe some experiences? Thank you :).

Hi, g123~!

I've had experience with this in the past, though my high school life was nearly devoid of social encounters due to work load xD. However, that was a choice I personally made, and it doesn't always have to be work, work, work~~

As for tips, here are a few I would say:

+ Prioritize--if there is an assignment you can't put off, do it. However, if you can wait a few days, don't be afraid to let it sit for a little while in order to get some fun in.

+ Realize that as much as you need to work/learn, you need to relax too. Be aware of your feelings and stress levels, and take breaks with friends when you need them.

+ Don't be afraid to say no. If you're friends are going out every night, and always ask you along, tell them no if you actually have things you would rather do. Spending time with friends is great, but it too can become a chore and a distraction if you're not careful.

+ Make a schedule/use a planner--I can't think of this ever doing bad for someone, haha~

+ Reach out if you are overwhelmed, depressed, or confused about anything school/social related. Your teachers, family, and friends are there to help you out with whatever problems you have ^_^

Hope you have a wonderful school year~!

Thank you, BlackScatter! That helped me put things into perspective and I fully intend on using those tips. I think my biggest challenge will be the "say no" thing so I'll have to work on that this year. Thanks, again :D.

Archived