Sneeze Fetish Forum

Peter Weller in Faerie Tale Theatre (M)

murphy dee

Wowww okay, I have been looking for this for YEARS. I had pretty much convinced myself that I had only imagined this show, but it's real!!! I must've watched this when I was, oh, 5 or 6. Maybe a little older. And I only saw it once, but it stuck with me (for obvious reasons).

The show is Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre (yeah, the mom from The Shining had her own children's fairy tale show, that was news to me). The episode is The Dancing Princesses. The premise is that a king's 6 daughters wear out their dancing shoes every night even though he keeps them under lock and key. He's puzzled and irritated at paying for all these shoes, so he poses a challenge to princes from all over: if they can figure out how his daughters are going out dancing every night, he will let the prince marry one of them and the prince will inherit his kingdom.

After several princes try and fail, an old wounded soldier (Peter Weller - yeah, RoboCop!!) is gifted an invisibility cloak by a strange old woman and decides that maybe he should try out his luck and see if he can figure out the princess' secret...

The sneezes come into play during the last two parts of the story. He gets cocky with his invisibility and gets too close to the dancing and is knocked back into the water. He catches a chill and then a full-on cold the next morning and sneezes 7 times! The last sneeze is the cutest - he has to turn away to sneeze just as he's about to kiss the princess he chose to marry, and she takes her own white handkerchief and presses it to his nose and kisses his cheek. IT'S REALLY PRECIOUS!! :D

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6 - sneezes at 6:15 and 6:40

Part 7 - sneezes at 0:08, 0:26, 1:15, 3:30, and 5:55

I remember renting this episode soooo many times as a kid that my mom finally told me I couldn't anymore, pick something else (dang it, Mom!). I work in a movie store & we got the entire Faerie Tale Theatre collection used one day. I was so giddy, I had to buy it, and of course the Dancing Princesses was the first episode I watched (and then re-watched. Nobody can tell me I can't now!)

Archived