Sneeze Fetish Forum

Accent Switch- another voice meme thread

tma

Ok... here is the deal folks.

Ralee and Puddin' have gotten me addicted to voice memes. I need help. Is there a support group somewhere?

Anyway... I thought it might be fun to do one where instead of using your regular accent- you use another one.

First off- so that we know what your actual voice sounds like: (this is in regular voice)

Introduction (greeting and name or not name), where you are from, and what accent you will be attempting for us.

Then: (in your bestest "insert accent type here") you will say the following:

• lavatory

• khakis

• jaguar

• jam

• squirrel

• glasses

and for some phrases....

How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?

How many cookies could a good cook cook If a good cook could cook cookies?

and lastly a poem ("The Loser" by Shel Silverstein)

Mama said I'd lose my head

if it wasn't fastened on.

Today I guess it wasn't

'cause while playing with my cousin

it fell off and rolled away

and now it's gone.

And I can't look for it

'cause my eyes are in it,

and I can't call to it

'cause my mouth is on it

(couldn't hear me anyway

'cause my ears are on it),

can't even think about it

'cause my brain is in it.

So I guess I'll sit down

on this rock

and rest for just a minute...

**end in your normal voice saying if you liked this, hated this, almost died because of this,etc. (I'm putting this in especially for Blah because I don't want him to think that the ending is too boring. wink.pngbleh.gif *

I don't wanna go first.... but I suppose that it wouldn't be fair if I didn't. tonguesmiley.gif

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0yaz3H7vy70

*grins* I am SOOOO loving this. Yay!! You all did brilliantly and put a big grin on my face. I can't wait for more- and if it is a go- I might need to make more words. Mwahahaha!!

This is HILARIOUS. Puddin', I was losing it. You're hilarious. TMA, not too bad! :P Spoo, you talk so fast! You sound like Emma Watson a little at times. Cake! Love the singing! And your poem was good! :-D

Here's my attempt... I tried a bit of a French accent because I figured I'd change it up a bit...in general this is horrific. I'm sorry to you Francophones.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1dilNPgJpSz

My favorite thing about Bruce 555 is like, since he decided to scream his bloody lungs out, I just wonder what his neighbors must've thought?

Like, "God, the hell's wrong with the neighbor? He's got a really obnoxious guest. I hope he leaves soon."

Ralee, yours was actually really good and cute. The one you did on voice chat with C and me was horrifying, but this one was good. :P

(And I guess by posting in this thread, I'm committed to doing one of these myself when I get some time alone. SIIIIIIIIGH.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, everybody go home, Joan wins this. :lmfao:

I actually did a kind of the accent switch in the voice meme thread, because if you've ever heard a Croat speaking English in our actual accent, you know it sounds nothing like I do. :lol:

So I've been wondering...

...would anyone like to hear me...

...speaking English...

...in my actual accent?

So I've been wondering...

...would anyone like to hear me...

...speaking English...

...in my actual accent?

Yes!!! I would! :bounce: your link on the voice meme expired, so I never got to hear you, and I don't think I've ever heard a Croat accent and would love to :D

Archived