Sneeze Fetish Forum

Formatting

MaiMai

I've been trying to post a fic by copying the text from a Word document to the forum for a few days now. Whenever I paste it the formatting gets changed, so that some sentences that were not originally in bold type are. However, it will not allow me to change the font back to normal. If I delete one of the reformatted sentences then it changes the sentence below so that it is in a bold type and if I try to recopy that particular sentence then it changes it back to bold. This has happened to me once before and I waited a few days and when I pasted it again it was fine, but I've been attempting to post this for a few days now and it's still happening. Is it something to do with my version of Word or the forum??

The forum software can sometimes be a bit glitchy with importing formatted text from a different program (or, for that matter, formatting the text using the buttons). If you would bold your words by typing [ b ] text [ /b ], and make italics with [ i ] text [ /i ] (without the spaces), the forum will most likely format it right every time.

Also, if you add asterisks to your text for any reason, the forum software will interpret those as formatting marks. This is likely what happened when the forum software changed things to bold when you copy-pasted :)

Archived