Sneeze Fetish Forum

Post counter broken

SomeoneRandom

My post counter has been stuck on 209 for a long time. Can someone please help me out with that? Thanks!

EDIT: Hmm, now it's on 210. But it was definitely on 209 for at least my last ten posts, so it's still behind.

Just so that you know.....

Some areas of the forum don't count towards your "active posts" number

For example:

Fun And Games

The Snake Pit

Youth Board

Testing Area

There are historic reasons for this, but I think it is partly to do with which boards should be considered when assessing a member's contribution to the forum.

smile.png

Fun And Games

The Snake Pit

Youth Board

Testing Area

Those all seem to make sense, except- why does the Youth Board not count? Are you saying the Adult Board does, and the Youth Board doesn't? Seems a bit peculiar.

Those all seem to make sense, except- why does the Youth Board not count? Are you saying the Adult Board does, and the Youth Board doesn't? Seems a bit peculiar.

Yes, that is exactly the case.

There was actually quite a detailed thread about it, although I forget where it was, but it stemmed from a time when some of our younger members were having lots of fun and posting a zillion times per hour on the youth board. Apparently, they were mainly "silly/jokey" posts, although obviously I have never seen them, not having access to the Youth Board. Now there is absolutely nothing wrong with loads of "silly/jokey" posts, but the staff at the time (which didn't include me) decided they shouldn't be included in post counts.

ETA - posted at the same time as Cake who has a better memory than me and has linked! (thanks Cake!)

Hope that explains things!

Oh, I see- that's fair enough. I didn't realise there'd been a discussion about it before.

I wasn't meaning to make it an 'issue', just curious really. :)

Archived