Sneeze Fetish Forum

'Achoo' in fics

kendisima

So, I've recently realized that when I read a sneeze fic outside of the forum (or the various memes and websites we're all on :P), they generally use 'achoo' for sneezes.

It bothers me.

So, so much.

SO, I was wondering if this bothers anyone else? Like I would literally read a sneeze fic where there are NO spelled sneezes than read one with an 'achoo' in it. Have we just been spoiled by the forum and its wonderful spelled out sneezes?

Also, is there anything else in fics outside the forum that bothers you guys?

Honestly, no, it doesn't. When I read "achoo," I typically assume that that's what their sneeze sounded like, since a lot of people do actually sneeze like that. I mean, I'm typically disappointed that they didn't go into any detail about pitch, volume, etc. but I typically associate that with how good of a writer the person is.

Achoo used to work for me. Now it bothers me like crazy. Probably because the forum hast spoiled me.

I once read "atchoo!" in a book and got excited - an extra letter, they put in an extra letter!! :D "Achoo" doesn't really bother me that much. It's about the same, to me, as simply writing "he sneezed". I can use my imagination!

I once read "atchoo!" in a book and got excited - an extra letter, they put in an extra letter!! biggrin.png "Achoo" doesn't really bother me that much. It's about the same, to me, as simply writing "he sneezed". I can use my imagination!

How funny -- I have the same reaction to that extra letter! I would most definitely rather read no spellings at all than read "achoo," but somehow with the "t" in there I'm perfectly satisfied.

Hah yeah I pass over fics like that now. But long before I knew a sneeze fetish was a thing, I used to write stories about sneezing all the time as a kid and never spelled out any sneezing haha. They're so boring. I definitely like the creative spellings and detail of the fics on here

It doesn't bother me, Like somebody said above, I just use my imagination. I mean, they usually don't go into much detail besides "he sneezed", so I leave it up to my imagination all the lovely details of said sneeze...

So, I've recently realized that when I read a sneeze fic outside of the forum (or the various memes and websites we're all on tonguesmiley.gif), they generally use 'achoo' for sneezes.

I'm confused- when you say "a sneeze fic outside of the forum" do you mean a fetish story written by a fetishist, but not posted on the forum? Or do you mean a story written by a non-fetishist which has sneezing in it?

I'm assuming you mean stories written by non-fetishists... which I personally would not bother reading (I mean, if I want a sneeze fic I'll go to the forum). If all the sneeze sounds were "achoo" it would bother me... although like Swordrush said, quite a few people actually do sneeze with an "achoo" sound.

I like all the different sneeze-spellings people use on the forum. I've noticed a lot of people on the forum (mostly women? I'm not sure) love complex stifle sounds with x's, like "Hnnngxtt!"

Whereas I tend to write very vocal, powerful sounds ("Oh-my-goodness-I-know-that-was-loud-but-I-couldn't-help-it" :) ) like "Haaah-EEEEH-SHOOO!"

I'm assuming you mean stories written by non-fetishists... which I personally would not bother reading (I mean, if I want a sneeze fic I'll go to the forum). If all the sneeze sounds were "achoo" it would bother me... although like Swordrush said, quite a few people actually do sneeze with an "achoo" sound.

I generally don't bother anymore, but there are times I'm looking for something in particular so I go on an outside expedition, haha.

I totally get the use-your-imagination thing (it's hard not to! :P), but I still don't like the word 'achoo'-- I think that it throws me off so much I can't even use my imagination. Weird!

I totally get the use-your-imagination thing (it's hard not to! tonguesmiley.gif), but I still don't like the word 'achoo'-- I think that it throws me off so much I can't even use my imagination. Weird!

I think I understand. Even though lots of people do have a sneeze that sounds something like "achoo", it doesn't capture the many little differences between sneeze sounds that we are so sensitive to. :)

It doesn't bother me that much but I find it pretty boring now, though I do love it when people sneeze like that in real life lol. When I first started looking at sneezefics I saw one Stargate fanfic with the character Daniel Jackson sneezing like "achoo!" And it didn't bug me, until I got further in and he would have a fit... the same thing like "achoo achoo achoo!" That annoyed and I just got turned off to the spelling all together lol. Now I read fics here and iI wouldn't read them anywhere else. This forum has definitely spoiled me :)

I can't stand it tbh. I was so happy when I found an X-Men: First Class fic with Havok sneezing, but when I saw it spelled like that I just couldn't bring myself to read it.

I'm really surprised to see how many of you are so against that spelling! I'm different. I originally got so spoiled with the new, crazy-imaginative spellings the forum provided me when I was new here, that soon I started missing 'achoo!' I don't mind it at all - I like to read 'Achoo!' more than 'Hurraashyieshhh!' or a few other out-of-left-field spellings I've seen. laughing.gif Relatedly, there are so many, if you will, "good" sneezefics on this forum that once in a while I crave a "bad," late-90s/early-2000s fic. Someone tell me I'm not the only one that still visits Sneezing Girls now and again! Almost all of the sneezes in their stories are 'Achoo' or 'Hachoo,' and the plots and details aren't nearly as well-written, but they can still do it for me xD

One more reason I believe I still have a weird crush on 'Achoo!' is because I don't think I've ever met a girl with a sneeze that sounds exactly like 'Achoo.' blink.png Then again, we're all different people, and I'm a far different person than MC Kronyk.

doesnt bother me, but it is pretty boring...especially when you come across that one and only single fic of someone youve wanted to see written about forever....and all you get is this lame ass spelling :P thats what gets to me the most....put some effort into it lol

I like to read 'Achoo!' more than 'Hurraashyieshhh!' or a few other out-of-left-field spellings I've seen.

As much as I hate 'achoo', this is another thing that weirds me out a little... it actually usually makes me laugh when I see a spelling that's 46 letters long yay.gif

While I general prefer simpler spellings of sneezes (like "atchoo", "hetchoo", and so on) just because they tend to read more like my preferred sounds, I must admit I'm not a big fan of "achoo"...and I think I've figured out why. The fact that it leaves me vaguely uncomfortable, rather than simply unimpressed, was my clue: I have the feeling that "achoo" subconsciously reminds me of all those times we read about sneezing in kids' books, and--for me, at least--the feelings I often have now when reading about sneezing are NOT compatible with memories of Early Reader stories! :sick:

I just find the 'achoo' spelling really boring and unimaginative. I'm also not a fan of real-life sneezes that end with an o-sound, so... *shrug* I definitely prefer some more consonants in there.

I like the spellings a lot of fic writers come up with on the forum, but from the mundane authors outside these walls? I'd rather they just write, "she sneezed" and let me fill in the details with my more…rich imagination.

Of course, there's no way I'm going to tell any of them that!

It bothers the heck outta me, I stop reading immediately if I see it. There's too many other interesting ways of spelling; I think one of the ways of reading is to see what someone else can come up with!

Lately, I've had this problem too. It just kinda makes me feel like the person doesn't have the fetish maybe and doesn't understand. I don't know, my brain automatically over thinks things like this... It's kinda annoying.

Achoo isn't that annoying for me, but one thing that is would be 'Atishoo'. I don't really have a proper explanation, but it just annoys me and I'm probably the only one who thinks so.

What Aldonesai said, basically. :yes: Since I've seen what my fellow fetishists can come up with, "achoo" is just boring.

I don't have any kind of problem with generic sneeze spellings in Dutch though. Those can still ring my bell.

I don't have any kind of problem with generic sneeze spellings in Dutch though. Those can still ring my bell.

I'd be interested to see what those look like... :)

Archived