Sneeze Fetish Forum

New Year's resolutions, etc?

YoriYori

So does anyone have any hopes/plans/resolutions/ etc for 2014 smile.png?

For me I have several things

-I want to pass some qualifying exams.

-I want to find a better job.

-I want to take some short trips (as funds allow >.<)

-I want to go to a... I don't know how to call it, I guess you can say "convention" for stuff I like (again... if I can afford it) biggrin.png

-I want to do more arts/crafts. This has been my resolution every year since 2nd year in university... and every year it never happens. I'm doubtful about this year too, but oh well!

Nice, those are some awesome resolutions, I hope they all work out for you :)

I'm definitely with you on the short trips and better job ones, but I would say my resolution for this year would be to get an apartment of my own.

Oh, good luck with the apartment hunting! I just got my first apartment this year (well, it's my second... but it was my first time making all the arrangements by myself). It's so much work. And so expensive! I don't want to go through that process for as long as I can help it! (Even though I strongly regret moving to a place that doesn't allow pets.. sadsmiley.gif). And to be honest, I still haven't finished unpacking completely even though I lived in this apartment 4 months already.

*quit smoking (only have 2 a day so itll be easy lol)

*take another course in college for wildlife rehab

*spoil my lizard

*stay single

*get a damn job lol

*obtain at least 20 new games for my 360

Hmmm

Job/Employment: Get a job in the arts or with children. Start volenteering. As well as start art commisions.

Career/school: Start looking at grad schools and consider applying for later semester or year.

Relationship:....well i was dumped after a seven yr relationship so im scared about dating...so i guess no for this.

Social life: try to go out more...

Health: sleep better, try to loose weight...i hate all this fat ;_; i feel hideous with it.

Other: try to finish my character design projects that i started. Try to earn enough money to join The Art Students League of New York to better my art.

For New Years resolutions I like to do reasonably small things. They're probably not 'resolution' worthy, but they're easier to keep and I feel better about myself the more I can keep them. Last year one of my resolutions was to actually make the effort to throw away my gum instead of swallowing it and I feel so proud that I keep it, haha. You have to love the little victories smile.png So far I am considering some or all of the following.

To:

- Not rearrange icons on computer when Windows just puts them back to default anyway. I will learn to love the default.

- Use laptop more on deck instead of couch, especially when trying to write. I paid for a fancy kneeling desk-chair and I'm actually gonna use it.

- Commit to a nail polish colour instead of changing my mind or giving up half way through putting it on.

- Learn how to put on eyeliner.

- Learn how to wear short skirts and then wear them. Twenty-two years of full length skirts have not been helpful in this matter, and my legs probably do not look as bad as I think they do.

- Write at least one story that is not fanfiction.

- Not get lazy and let my hair grow long again. It took a year of psyching myself up to cut it from waist length to above the shoulders and it looks awesome, so it should stay.

- Keep hair natural colour for at least six months. It's boring, but cheaper.

- Spend more time reading non-school books. Since I am no longer taking public transport half-way to uni I don't put enough time aside to actually enjoy reading.

- Actually leave a comment on stories I like and to reply to comments on stories I have written.

Edited by Mercury

My New Years resolutions:

*Lose weight (2nd year this is my resolution, hopefully this time I will lose weight instead of gain it)

*Get my first job

*School: I'll be entering college in the fall of 2014, so I guess my goal would be to do really well.

*Learn how to put on makeup. (Yes I am a high school senior, and I don't wear any makeup except for the occasional lip gloss.)

*Read more books not for school. I love reading, but school and extra curriculars have taken over my life and I just haven't found the time to read.

*Get a job/apply to grad school

*move out of my parents house

*Eat healthier (and hopefully lose a few pounds in the process)

A lot of us have similar resolutions :)

i really just hope that 2014 is better than this year was...for me it was probably the worst year ever...ended up dating a total loser, and two of my pets died. at least i went to college which is probably the best thing that came out of this crummy year.

Can relate to hopefully seeing fewer friends pass on next year (preferably none). I suppose I hope to have a better emergency fund and maybe a roth IRA... Oh and I am expecting a neice so I hope to set aside some things for her.

- to start listening to my Geography teacher. Or at least try to. (that's mission impossible- no one present in the classroom has any idea what the hell she is talking about, including her) I should have more respect for her- poor woman is probably doing her best.

- not to procrastinate that much. I'd say "at all", but that change would be a wee bit too radical. :lol:

- to write more that I did during the past year.