Sneeze Fetish Forum

Does being cold make you sick? answered

Anonymouse

was on the front page of YouTube and I watched it because my fiance and I have been debating about this and I wanted evidence to prove him wrong. He's always telling me to put shoes on because I run outside barefoot when I let the dogs out and he thinks I'll get sick if my feet are cold. They list several ways cold weather or being cold can increase your chances of getting or feeling sick. It's pretty interesting because I didn't know about some of those things (the viruses' shells, the constricted blood vessels inhibiting the white blood cells' travel, etc.)

Well...i mean if the virus is already in you and ur outside in frigid temps...then it can lower ur immune system making the virus easier to mutate itself. Just like when u dont sleep enough or have stress...it just helps ur body shut down faster so that the immune system is too weak to fend off a cold. But like everything else, it depends on ur imune system and ur body. Like this past summer, i was sick with a terrible headcold thp i eeek before that, i walked in the rain...i wasnt sick because of the rain tho it helped, but because i wasnt taking care of my body's needs to rest.

Edited by Artygirl22

Just found this on the front page of YouTube too! 1.8 million views in a day is impressive. Really informative and interesting video for everyone, but especially for our forum's cold-lovers!

I'm not sure what's more fascinating. The video posted by AnonyMouse or AnyonyMouse's sig laugh.png .

That's really interesting though! I only knew about the staying indoors more leads to more sharing of germs and the dry nasal passages. I didn't know about the beefed up virus shields, slowed immune response or hormonal immune suppression etc. That must mean I have a godly immune system to rarely ever get sick with all the stress I have, hahaha!

Edited by cherry

I'm not sure what's more fascinating. The video posted by AnonyMouse or AnyonyMouse's sig laugh.png .

That's really interesting though! I only knew about the staying indoors more leads to more sharing of germs and the dry nasal passages. I didn't know about the beefed up virus shields, slowed immune response or hormonal immune suppression etc. That must mean I have a godly immune system to rarely ever get sick with all the stress I have, hahaha!

Them sexy heroes shaking them hips...my gawd!!! XD yeah i learned something new by watching the vid.

ive never gotten a cold by just being outside in the cold weather...then again i hardly ever get sick :P im pretty sure it might make one feel worse being in the cold if they were already sick though