Sneeze Fetish Forum

Music

Kuchafya613

Does broadway count as a genre? Haha I'm weird and I only like to listen to songs from musicals!!! tonguesmiley.gif

Yes. It's under Showtunes. Which musicals do you like listening to. I only have a small number that I know, but I still love them all.

Does broadway count as a genre? Haha I'm weird and I only like to listen to songs from musicals!!! tonguesmiley.gif

Yes. It's under Showtunes. Which musicals do you like listening to. I only have a small number that I know, but I still love them all.

Wow that was a derp moment for me!

I grew up to listening musicals like My Fair Lady, Oklahoma!, South Pacific, The King and I, Cinderella, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, and Peter Pan.

The shows I'm currently obsessed with and love to listen to are The Book of Mormon, RENT, Avenue Q, Wicked, Matilda, and Phantom. I also had a Les Mis and Into the Woods obsession two years ago and would constantly listen to their soundtracks.

I know a lot more shows, but these are the ones I enjoy listening to. (Especially Book of Mormon, RENT, and Avenue Q). :)

Gosh I could go on and on about show tunes hahah.

Wow that was a derp moment for me!

I grew up to listening musicals like My Fair Lady, Oklahoma!, South Pacific, The King and I, Cinderella, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, and Peter Pan.

The shows I'm currently obsessed with and love to listen to are The Book of Mormon, RENT, Avenue Q, Wicked, Matilda, and Phantom. I also had a Les Mis and Into the Woods obsession two years ago and would constantly listen to their soundtracks.

I know a lot more shows, but these are the ones I enjoy listening to. (Especially Book of Mormon, RENT, and Avenue Q). smile.png

Gosh I could go on and on about show tunes hahah.

Yes, I could too, though you're probably more educated that I am.

I seriously listen to pretty much everything :P

I go through phases. Right now, I'm really into Kpop, Jpop and Jrock.

Other favourite genres include rock, metal, psychobilly, industrial, punk, acoustic, reggae...

I could go on and on about artists, but I'll just leave it at that ^_^

I pretty much like everything, but alternative rock is my favorite genre!

"Classical" or "art" music whatever you want to call it, including some of nowaday's very experimental stuff,

with perhaps a bit of an exception for music from the actual "classical era". And then some forms of jazz and folk music.

Rock (and "southern rock")/ classical (some new composers too)/ jazz/ Celtic/ CCM/ old school R&B Depends on my mood.

I play an instrument and for that I'll do classical and Celtic.

I'd say the genre I listen to the most is alt-rock, but, you know, it's a rather broad genre. :laugh:

I'm also really into scandinavian folk, electronic rock, post-grunge and some industrial.

.Oh yeah: and left-wing political hip hop

• 3 weeks later...

I already replied in the previous topic of what bands I like, but it's actually more appropriate to put it here:

"Classical" or "art" music whatever you want to call it, including some of nowaday's very experimental stuff,

with perhaps a bit of an exception for music from the actual "classical era". And then some forms of jazz and folk music.

I think that the correct term is now "abnormal music" and this is also my favourite. Instrumental music is also used, and of course includes choral and solo vocal music; and things are not "pieces". they are "songs". One of my favourite songs is Bach's first Prelude.

AND I agree about classical music. Baroque, pre-baroque, anteprebaroque [?] Tudor, mediaeval are much preferable, and there does seem to be a bit if a fallow period until Brahms turns up.

However, I am not a fan of experimental stuff. Music died with R Strauss and Novak, and whoever named Strauss's Four Last Songs had got it absolutely right. Fortunately Folk and Showtunes had already got going by then, and of course there is always that one percent of popular and indeed novelty songs which are immortal.