Sneeze Fetish Forum

Why is it so hard for us to say the word?

smmoct3

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if anyone made a topic like this yet, but I was just curious to see your opinions. It's really hard for me to say the word sneeze out loud, and I know this is the case for some people. Why do you guys think it's so challenging? I can't really figure out an explanation for it.

I also want to explain to my best friend, who does know I have the fetish, why it's so hard for us to say it. I can't seem how to explain it very well...

So what do you guys think?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PetalPunk

• Connor Cunningham

• Ciel

• smmoct3

I'm right there along with you! For me, the dislike comes from hearing my voice say the word 'sneeze'. It just...rubs me the wrong way. I physically cringe! :lol:

Maybe because somewhere deep in our embarrassed, paranoid minds we feel like somehow the word 'sneeze' will lead to a conversation about sneezing and the person we're talking to might wonder why we're talking about sneezes, think it's weird, and gather the assumption that we secretly get turned on by sneezes. :P

Could be.

I'd also like to know why. I personally don't have a problem saying the word sneeze or talking about sneezing or illnesses or allergies. the topic never comes up so I guess maybe it's why I don't have a problem with it. Or it could be I'm just casual about my secret.

I have a problem with it for sure, but it's not AS bad now~

For me personally, I associate the word "sneeze" or "cold" or "sniffles" to sexual words. So I treat them as delicately and avoid them about as often as I do with names of genitals, or sexual terms. It also explains why I can more easily say "sneeze" to my boyfriend than I can to my parents. Geez. The moment they start talking about colds, I'm OUT.

I relate to this topic on a spiritual level.

I cannot say the word. My boyfriend (who knows about the fetish) likes to poke fun at me, and if he's super sneezy and turning me on at inappropriate times, I'll just say "Stop." He'll be all giggly and say, "Stop whaaat?"

"You know what."

"Say it."

"No."

"Saaay itttt."

Sometimes I'll even cover my ears and say it so I can't hear myself. It's a problem, haha. I'm not sure why, though! I've nevvver been able to say it without cringing into the core of the earth. It's not a super pretty word in the first place, haha.

Confession time: I have never said the word. Not exaggerating. It has never passed through my lips. :blushing:

I vividly remember in kindergarten fighting this mental block when I was on the playground with one of my friends. For god knows what ever reason, I decided to try and explain to her that there was a word I just "couldn't say". Of course she demanded to know what said word was so there I was, struggling with myself to say it. I think I eventually said some inaudible slur of the word and then cringed to the depths of my soul and wanted to wipe my brain of that occurance, even though she never actually heard what I said.

But that was the only time I have ever come close to saying it. xD.... Never again...*shudders*

That's interesting...I say it all the time. I've never had a problem with it. I mean, I don't just talk about sneezing with anyone, but I like having sneezy conversation. I never thought it was so taboo to say the word...

Confession time: I have never said the word. Not exaggerating. It has never passed through my lips. blushing.gif

I vividly remember in kindergarten fighting this mental block when I was on the playground with one of my friends. For god knows what ever reason, I decided to try and explain to her that there was a word I just "couldn't say". Of course she demanded to know what said word was so there I was, struggling with myself to say it. I think I eventually said some inaudible slur of the word and then cringed to the depths of my soul and wanted to wipe my brain of that occurance, even though she never actually heard what I said.

But that was the only time I have ever come close to saying it. xD.... Never again...*shudders*

I can't believe you've never said the word. You've seriously had this since you were really little? when did you realize it was a fetish?

Confession time: I have never said the word. Not exaggerating. It has never passed through my lips. blushing.gif

I can't believe you've never said the word. You've seriously had this since you were really little? when did you realize it was a fetish?

Yes I've seriously had this since I was little. I remember when I was veryyy young my mom was reading a bed time story to me and then she started sneezing...I wanted to crawl away. But until I was about 11 or 12 I had no idea there was a term for these feelings; I just assumed I was very odd or something. But yeah. For as long as I can remember, I've had a weird thing sneezing.

Maybe because somewhere deep in our embarrassed, paranoid minds we feel like somehow the word 'sneeze' will lead to a conversation about sneezing and the person we're talking to might wonder why we're talking about sneezes, think it's weird, and gather the assumption that we secretly get turned on by sneezes. tonguesmiley.gif

Could be.

I'd agree with this explanation. At least for me.

I would actually like to know this too, it's actually pretty hard for me to even write the word, but to say it, that will not happen. I dont really know why, maybe because i'm not comfy enough with other people to say it. I cant even say "Bless you" out loud, it feels kinda bad, but in my country it's not used too often anyway so that's lucky i guess.

I just find it embarrassing to say it out loud, i guess, but i dont know the real reason atleast yet.

Me neither as far as I can recall, twice at most.

I hate saying any words that have any relation to my fetish at all. I think it's part of our mental block, which would also link to the commonly-asked question why a large number of us (?) are afraid of sneezing in public.

I hate saying any words that have any relation to my fetish at all. I think it's part of our mental block, which would also link to the commonly-asked question why a large number of us (?) are afraid of sneezing in public.

Sorry, but I must ask Cielity: Who is that adorable guy sneezing in your signature?

Edited by flowerpower67

It's my insecurity that someone will find out I'm a sneeze fetishist that I am afraid to say the word "sneeze" sometimes, plus I am also afraid I will say it wrong.. as in, too much emphasis..

Sorry, but I must ask Cielity: Who is that adorable guy sneezing in your signature?

Chris Pine <3

It's my insecurity that someone will find out I'm a sneeze fetishist that I am afraid to say the word "sneeze" sometimes, plus I am also afraid I will say it wrong.. as in, too much emphasis..

Haha I know what you mean! I'm not really afraid of saying the word although I usually go out of my way to avoid any sneeze related discussion. The thing I really avoid is to bless people. I only bless people that I know very well and if they saw that I've seen them sneeze. Otherwise, I just ignore. Also, if I can spot their pre-sneeze face, I just turn around and pretend i'm occupied with something else.

That's really weird for a sneeze fetishist, I just realize this :S

• 2 months later...

This is so interesting. I thought it was just me. I really have to brace myself before I say it. My mouth does not like to form the word at all. I guess I do think of it as a sexual word, and there are other sexual words I have a hard time saying, but none of them are as difficult as The Word.

Everyone's responses are interesting! After reading all of your opinions, I can say that I'm just embarrassed by the word. Also, the word is really sexy so it's kind of awkward for me to say it.

For me, it's because of the sexual connotations I've attached to it. It's just as uncomfortable, if not more so, as discussing sex openly which is something I find difficult anyway. I also don't like the way it sounds (I have a rubbish accent) in my voice and I don't want to spoil it so I try to avoid it.

I feel like for me, it comes from the fact that it's a sexual word that largely pertains only to very few people. I don't know if I'm the only one who was like this, but when I was first discovering what sexuality was, I was always embarrassed to say anything about it to anyone. Even though it was a part of me, I felt like I could be the only one who felt a certain way, and I didn't want to ostracize myself. Nowadays I know most people feel more or less the same way I do about "regular" sexuality, but for the fetish, I know I'm part of a very small minority.

I found this really interesting. I hate saying the word but I've definitely said it; I found this interesting because I also have memories of how strange and awkward the fetish was going back actually to preschool. Of course I didn't know what a fetish was but I knew that the concept of sneezing made me feel weird.