Sneeze Fetish Forum

Silly question perhaps, on profiles

Nola

I am unable to access my profile, since I am not yet validated, but have received a friend request or two...and was wondering what exactly is available, information-wise to people who have friend requested me? Just wondering.

Im not 100% sure how to answer this question but mods can help you even more than me

so.

hum..you can only view what others put "public" what they want others to see...some profiles are private. ect.

Hum. it's all about how private the profile's are and stuff.

.-. sorry if I wasnt much of a help

Hmm, it's just that I have no idea what's exactly in my profile...but since I don't think I put anything in there, I suppose I don't mind accepting friend requests. I'm sort of a conspiracy theorist when it comes to things like facebook (which is why I deleted my account, or at least I hope I did).upset.gif

And that does help me a little bit DeathNoteOwner, thanks! smile1.gif

Being friends with someone on the forum doesn't change what they can see of your profile. Any validated member can see whatever info you put in your profile when you set it up. As far as I know the friend function doesn't actually do anything other than show up as a list on the side of profile pages.

Ouro is right. The 'friends' function essentially just creates links to other profiles on the right hand side. I'm assuming the forum software has this feature to go along with the profile 'Status Updates' and blogs, etc. so that you can easily hop from your profile to the profiles of your friends. No information is shared other than what is already on your public profile. smile.png

Edit to add: Nola, your profile shows no information besides your name "Nola", female gender, the date you joined, your age, and a preference for Male sneezers. That's it!

Being friends with someone on the forum doesn't change what they can see of your profile. Any validated member can see whatever info you put in your profile when you set it up. As far as I know the friend function doesn't actually do anything other than show up as a list on the side of profile pages.

Ouro is right. The 'friends' function essentially just creates links to other profiles on the right hand side. I'm assuming the forum software has this feature to go along with the profile 'Status Updates' and blogs, etc. so that you can easily hop from your profile to the profiles of your friends. No information is shared other than what is already on your public profile. smile.png

Edit to add: Nola, your profile shows no information besides your name "Nola", female gender, the date you joined, your age, and a preference for Male sneezers. That's it!

Actually, that's not quite true. All members have the ability to restrict who can see their profile to either all validated members (the default setting) or only people they have accepted as Friends on the forum. This feature was added several months ago to provide additional privacy for personal information for those who want it. This link explains more: http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=51129

Try and view my profile if you want to see it in action :) (Note: the restrictions do not apply to staff members)

Well, you learn something new every day (even if you're a moderator!) Thanks, HoL!

Archived