Sneeze Fetish Forum

Cally's Sherlock drabble thread #1 442/442

cally

I've got too much on to be writing drawn out fics, but I can always manage a few drabbles (yes I know they're longer than the normal word count, but I know no one's going to report me to the drabble police, right?

1. Soup (Mycroft/Lestrade (hinted at) with a bit of Anthea)

Mmmmpfch.

Anthea didn’t bother to raise her eyes from her Blackberry. “God bless you, sir,” she said quietly.

Mycroft murmured his thanks, hardly giving a thought to the paroxysm. He continued to thumb through the report he was reading, pausing now and again to run his index finger under his nose, rubbing.

Mmmmpfch. Sniff.

This time Anthea did raise her eyes from her Blackberry. “God bless you.”

“Thank you, Anthea. And yes, before you ask I am perfectly well.”

His next actions were in direct opposite of his words.

Mmmmpfch. Hhhh-Mmmmpfch.

Mycroft put his paperwork aside and reached inside his trouser pocket and grabbed for his handkerchief, dark grey to match today’s three-piece suit.

Mmmmpfch. Another violent sneeze into his handkerchief.

“God bless you, Mr. Holmes. Might I suggest a break in your schedule for the afternoon?” Anthea was now typing frantically away on her Blackberry, making the necessary arrangements.

And if twenty minutes later a congested Mycroft was found outside the door of a certain silver-haired Detective Inspector (who had spent the afternoon preparing homemade chicken soup), Anthea was not about to tell. Or text.

2. Spicy (Sherlock/John)

“Are you sure you don’t want any takeaway? When’s the last time you ate anyways?”

Sherlock sniffed wetly. “Whateber. Cad’t taste, cad’t smell, cad’t breathe.”

“Thai maybe? It’s spicy enough, should clear out your sinuses.”

Sherlock waved a hand, which John took as assent, but was merely more an indication.

Hngxtsh! Hngxtshoo!

“Bless you, Sherlock.” John pushed the tissues closer towards Sherlock. “Here.”

Sherlock took a handful of tissues and flung himself into his chair, arms and legs flailing about like octopus’ appendages. He swiped at his nose, irritated.

“Ugh. Being sick is so boring.”

John finished texting their dinner order in and looked over at Sherlock. The tip of his nose was tinged with pink, and his curls were wild and all over the place. John thought he looked adorable, and his wretched appearance only endeared Sherlock to him even more.

John smiled at Sherlock. “Tea?”

Hngxtsh! Hngxtshoo! Hngxtshoo! Sherlock was unprepared for the set of sneezes that had snuck up on him, and he very nearly flung himself out of his chair.

“Bless you!” John flicked the kettle on and then crossed the short distance over to where Sherlock was seated. He ran his fingers through Sherlock’s unruly curls, gently.

Sherlock sniffled. “Thandk you.”

John smiled again. “You’re welcome. Dinner should be here soon, and once you’ve eaten I’ll get you some more cold medicine, ok?”

Sherlock merely sniffled in response and relaxed into the light touch of John’s gentle fingers.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*welcomes new Sherlock drabble thread with open arms*

These are delightful, cally. :wub: Of course I am swooning over the sniffly, grumpy Sherlock one. So, so lovely. <3

Hehehe. Hehehehehehe. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE. mf_laughbounce.gif

I'm a sucker for Mycroft torture, so that drabble was GORGEOUS. heart.gif I love how contained and suppressed his sneezes are, because, you know, being a posh gentleman and all~ And ajsldjlfaks;lfsdf Mystradeeee. wub.png Lovely!

Hgghhng muffled Mycroft sneezes, I am dead <3 Very nice, thank you for sharing!

I've been writing this in my head for days, so I am glad it was enjoyed! smile.png

*welcomes new Sherlock drabble thread with open arms*

These are delightful, cally. wub.png Of course I am swooning over the sniffly, grumpy Sherlock one. So, so lovely. <3

I'm sure I can provide you with some more in the very near future. smile.png Thank you!

Hehehe. Hehehehehehe. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE. mf_laughbounce.gif

I'm a sucker for Mycroft torture, so that drabble was GORGEOUS. heart.gif I love how contained and suppressed his sneezes are, because, you know, being a posh gentleman and all~ And ajsldjlfaks;lfsdf Mystradeeee. wub.png Lovely!

Thank you! That was exactly what I was going for, all refined and suppressed. Perhaps Lestrade can help him relax a little? smile.png

I love these so much wub.png

smile.png Aww thank you!

3. Home (a continuation of soup)

Lestrade was waiting by the door when Mycroft entered. He crossed his arms and studied him. “I told you that you should have stayed home today,” he said before heading into the kitchen.

Mycroft sniffed quietly, rubbing his nose. “Well, Gregory, I believe it was you that put me in this very position. “ He put his briefcase and umbrella down and headed into the flat’s small, yet cozy living room. They alternated weekends at each other’s residences, and while Mycroft was loath to admit it, he enjoyed the time at Lestrade’s smaller flat.

He sat down and succumbed to the sneeze that had been building.

Hhh-hh-Mmmmpfch.

“Bless you,” Lestrade said as he came into the room with tea for the both of them. He put the mugs down and caressed the side of Mycroft’s face. “Love, I’ve told you there’s no reason to be so restrained.”

Mycroft gave him a look over his tea that suggested deportation to an uncivilised nation was in the cards if he continued down this route. The slight twitch of his nose was the only betrayal of his implied meaning.

Hhh-hh-Mmmmpfch. Mmmmpfch.

Lestrade sighed. “Bless you.”

Mycroft took out his now rather well used handkerchief and wiped his nose. “Thank you, Gregory.” He picked up his tea, enjoying what little aroma he could. The steam however, had other ideas for his beleaguered nose.

Hhh-hh-Mmmmpfch. Mmmmpfch. Hhh-hhh-mmmpftchhhoo!

“Bless you, Mycroft!” He sounded impressed.

“Apologies Gregory. That was most unlike me.”

Lestrade just shook his head. “Love, there’s nothing to apologise for. Now, relax and finish your tea and then I think a nap is in order, don’t you?” Lestrade gave him a wink as he polished off his tea.

4. Tea (a continuation of Thai)

Sherlock finished drinking his sixth cup of tea of the day. It hadn’t helped. The Thai takeaway hadn’t helped. The cold medicine hadn’t helped. He was congested, irritated and bored, which with Sherlock was a dangerous combination.

He was stretched out along the couch, a box of tissues next to him. It was pretty much the only thing that John was allowing anywhere near Sherlock at this point. He’d already had to hide his gun, the cold medicine, the remote to the television, and both their laptops.

Sherlock sighed, and then sneezed.

Hngxtsh! Hngxtshoo! Hngxtshoo! Hhh-Hngxtsh!

He swiped at his nose with a tissue. “This is infuriating!”

John walked in from the kitchen, where he was putting away the leftover takeaway. “Bless you,” he said quietly.

Sherlock turned over on the couch, facing away from John, and pulled his dressing gown tighter around his lithe frame. He huffed a response and sniffled wetly.

John rolled his eyes at the childish behaviour. It was pretty much par for the course today. “I know you’re bored Sherlock, but there isn’t anything I can do about that. You’re sick and it’s pissing rain out, and besides it isn’t like you have a case. If you like, I can fetch the remote and we can watch telly now, as long as you promise to not dismantle it or throw it out the window. I’ll even let you deduce whatever you want about whatever we end up watching.”

Sherlock shrugged and sneezed again.

Hngxtsh! Hngxtshoo!

“Bless you again,” John said. “Any change in how you’re feeling?”

Sherlock sat up and scowled at John. “I’b bored. My head hurts. And I’m tired of sn- Hngxtsh sneezing.”

Hhh-Hngxtsh! Hngxtshi!

John smiled sympathetically at Sherlock. “Bless. I know you’re miserable. But are you less miserable than earlier?” He walked over to his chair and fetched the remote from where he had hid it under the cushion and then walked back over to the couch and sat down next to Sherlock.

Sherlock took this as a cue to put his head in John’s lap and curl up like a cat. John handed the remote to Sherlock and then began to card his fingers through Sherlock’s unruly curls once more.

I'm literally hugging myself and squealing right now; it's absolutely pathetic. heh.gif I knew there would come a day when someone else blessed the forum (zing!) with Mystrade, yet I wasn't prepared for how severely it would affect me (or how incoherent I'd become after reading). Hurrhurrdurr.

Heh. Silly Mycroft. Those snooty sneezes of yours are eventually going to escape if you keep stifling them into oblivion! tonguesmiley.gif

“Bless you,” Lestrade said as he came into the room with tea for the both of them. He put the mugs down and caressed the side of Mycroft’s face. “Love, I’ve told you there’s no reason to be so restrained.”

212h6z4.jpg<( I caaaaan't. )

Sneezy Holmes brothers are the best Holmes brothers. Hurray! :D

I'm literally hugging myself and squealing right now; it's absolutely pathetic. heh.gif I knew there would come a day when someone else blessed the forum (zing!) with Mystrade, yet I wasn't prepared for how severely it would affect me (or how incoherent I'd become after reading). Hurrhurrdurr.

Heh. Silly Mycroft. Those snooty sneezes of yours are eventually going to escape if you keep stifling them into oblivion! tonguesmiley.gif

212h6z4.jpg<( I caaaaan't. )

Sneezy Holmes brothers are the best Holmes brothers. Hurray! biggrin.png

I am so, so, so glad you're enjoying. It makes me so happy that these drabbles are being enjoyed. w00t.gif

And a continuation . . . Matilda3948, I hope you don't mind I borrowed your Lestrade's sneeze. You had done such a good job with his sneeze, I didn't think I could do it justice myself. twitchsmile.gif

5. Napkin (continuation of home)

Lestrade picked up their tea mugs and headed into the kitchen. “Naptime,” he called.

Mycroft rose from the couch and headed toward the bedroom. As he was approaching the bedroom, he heard a strange noise coming from the kitchen that caused him to retrace his footsteps.

When he entered the kitchen he found Lestrade in the midst of a rather impressive sneezing fit, hands cupped over his nose.

Huhhrahhhshhhooo!! Huhhrahhhshhhooo!! Huhhrahhhshhhooo!

Mycroft stood by the door and frowned. “God bless you Gregory. I was under the impression that you were no longer feeling the effects of this cold.”

Lestrade looked up, eyes damp and pleading, hands still cupped over his nose.

“Oh for goodness sake,” Mycroft said. He entered the kitchen and leaned over to grab a napkin for Lestrade, who accepted it eagerly.

“Sorry,” he said, sheepishly. ‘’It just snuck up on me.” He paused to blow his nose. “And I am feeling fine. It was just a hhh-Huhhrahhhshhhooo!!

Huhhrahhhshhhooo!! It was just a sneeze. Excuse me.”

“Gregory, it most certainly not just a sneeze. It was six.”

Lestrade threw the napkins away and went over to the sink and washed his hands. “Mycroft, I am fine, honestly.” He dried his hands and walked over to Mycroft and put his hands on Mycroft’s arms, rubbing up and down.

Mycroft studied Lestrade and could detect no hint of lingering illness or deceit. He decided to let it go, but would continue to make frequent inquiries of Gregory’s health.

“Very well, Gregory. I believe we were going to rest, despite my better judgment?”

Lestrade nodded and led the way to the bedroom.

6. Kettle (continuation of tea)

Sherlock finally settled on an old movie and for once was quiet minus except his irritated sniffling. He finally resorted to laying on his back despite the fact it meant his sinuses were draining into the back of his throat.

He managed this position for a while, until his nose started tickling again. Not wanting to sneeze on John, he forced himself into a sitting position.

John was half dozing, and Sherlock’s movements startled him. “What’s wrong,” he asked.

Hngxtsh! Hngxtshoo! Hhh-Hngxtsh! Hngxtsh!

“Oh. Bless you, Sherlock.”

Sherlock snuffled something that sounded like “thanks” into a fistful of tissues, but John wasn't sure. Sherlock blew his nose, and sighed.

“In answer to your earlier question, I am feeling less miserable than before, as you put it. I’d prefer to not be sneezing every five minutes, but I no longer have a sore throat. I’m just rather sneezy.”

John smiled. “I am glad you are feeling better, Sherlock.“

Sherlock rubbed his still ticklish nose.

Hhh-hh-Hngxtsh!

“Bless you.”

“Tea?” Sherlock asked hopefully.

“The correct response is thank you, but yes I can make you some tea.” John stood up and headed toward the kitchen.

Hngxtsh! Hngxtshoo!

“Bless you again.”

Sherlock reached for the tissues and blew his nose again. He mumbled a quiet “thank you,” thinking John couldn’t hear him over the kettle. However, John did hear him and smiled.

I am honestly not sure how I missed this whole thread until today! I'm glad I finally noticed it! I ADORE Mystrade so very much and it's nice to fine other shippers out there. Thank you for sharing these cute drabbles with all of us, they are so fun to read.

DS

I am honestly not sure how I missed this whole thread until today! I'm glad I finally noticed it! I ADORE Mystrade so very much and it's nice to fine other shippers out there. Thank you for sharing these cute drabbles with all of us, they are so fun to read.

DS

I'm glad you found it and have enjoyed them! :)

*grins* I'm LOVING them. And Spoo and Matilda have lured me into the land of Mystrade. lol! And I will say that I am getting rather fond of the idea of Greg as a victim *evil grins*. And I just need to say- both to you and Matilda... that... seriously.. that sound... just.... ummmm.... *melts into puddle* :blushing:

Just all of these are great- I can't bring my brain to really pick out specifics :bag: - but... I am absolutely unsurprised that I am enjoying them :) :)

*grins* I'm LOVING them. And Spoo and Matilda have lured me into the land of Mystrade. lol! And I will say that I am getting rather fond of the idea of Greg as a victim *evil grins*. And I just need to say- both to you and Matilda... that... seriously.. that sound... just.... ummmm.... *melts into puddle* blushing.gif

Just all of these are great- I can't bring my brain to really pick out specifics bag.gif - but... I am absolutely unsurprised that I am enjoying them smile.pngsmile.png

Greg is the one who got Mycroft ill, but I fear he may end up with a slight relapse, the poor detective inspector. He will have to be all helpless and relentlessly sneezy, with Mycroft too ill (or stuck up) to lend much of a hand. w00t.gif

Thank you for reading and enjoying. :)

Of course, it doesn't exactly help that he's got those natural, brown Bambi eyes that are absolutely lethal when they want to be. :wub:

I also really loved how Greg washed his hands before touching Mycroft (granted, they were in desperate need of a good washing after those beastly, monstrous sneezes), but even so that little detail made me smile. I feel like, had he not washed his hands, he would have gotten the eyebrow arch of doom. :laugh: Because one does not sneeze in their hands and then go about touching Mycroft Holmes. No sir! It's in bad form. :P

I'm loving the drabbles so far, cally! Thank you for fueling my Mystrade obsession. :shy:

Of course, it doesn't exactly help that he's got those natural, brown Bambi eyes that are absolutely lethal when they want to be. wub.png

I also really loved how Greg washed his hands before touching Mycroft (granted, they were in desperate need of a good washing after those beastly, monstrous sneezes), but even so that little detail made me smile. I feel like, had he not washed his hands, he would have gotten the eyebrow arch of doom. laughing.gif Because one does not sneeze in their hands and then go about touching Mycroft Holmes. No sir! It's in bad form. tonguesmiley.gif

That or the umbrella would have made a miraculous appearance. ;)

I'm loving the drabbles so far, cally! Thank you for fueling my Mystrade obsession. shy.gif

You are very welcome! I am so glad of all of the enjoyment!

I also really loved how Greg washed his hands before touching Mycroft (granted, they were in desperate need of a good washing after those beastly, monstrous sneezes), but even so that little detail made me smile. I feel like, had he not washed his hands, he would have gotten the eyebrow arch of doom.

OMG. Spoo- you *kill* me :lol: I absolutely *loved* how you phrased that. :wub: :wub:

That needs to be Trademarked "eyebrow arch of doom" - Mmmmm.... and/or you need to write a fic with it in... :twisted: I mean... :whistle::innocent:;)

7. Bees

Mycroft’s nose was tickling like a nest full of buzzing bees was inside it and to top it all off it was also beginning to run. How distasteful, he thought. He also thought, rather more urgently, that he was in dire need of a handkerchief; as the one in his pocket was sodden.

The walk to the bedroom seemed to take an eternity; his breath was beginning to hitch- these were not going to be his refined sneezes, not by a long shot.

He quickly headed to the drawer where he kept a change of casual clothing, among other things at Lestrade’s. He fumbled about; distracted by the fierce tickling in his nose; also Lestrade was starting to notice something was amiss.

Mycroft grabbed a handkerchief and covered his nose, just as the first sneeze escaped him.

Hhh-hhh-hehmmmpftcchhhoo!

“Bless . . .,” Lestrade started to say, but was waved off by Mycroft.

hehmmmpftcchhhoo! hehmmmpftcchhhoo! Hiiii- hehmmmpftcchhhoo! Hiiii- hehmmmpftcchhhoo!

Mycroft sat, or rather nearly fell over onto the bed, dazed from the harshness of the sneezes. He blew his sensitive nose as carefully as possible.

“God, Mycroft, bless you!”

“Thank you Gregory. Apologies. That was most disconcerting.”

8. Shoes

Mycroft leaned down and began to untie his shoes, noticing that his sinuses were feeling rather congested. Lestrade had already changed from jeans to old track pants and sat down next to Mycroft.

“There’s no need to be so formal with me. You don’t need to apologise for sneezing, you’re ill for God’s sake! I’m your partner, not some government suit. “

Mycroft sniffed. He stood up and put his shoes away. He divested himself of the remainder of his suit and changed into his designer “loungewear.” He then sat back down on the bed next to Lestrade.

“Gregory, you must understand that this is how I am. This is WHO I am. I, I apologise that I , I . . . Hhh-hh-Mmmmpfch. Oh. Excuse me. “

“Bless you, love. Mycroft, it’s fine.” Lestrade took both Mycroft’s hands in his. “I just want you to feel relaxed and comfortable around me, that’s all.” Mycroft sniffled wetly and considered what Lestrade said (again).

“I understand, just give me some time to adjust being a part of . . this.”

Lestrade nodded released their hands and sat back against the headboard. He wasn’t tired; it was the weekend and he hadn't needed to get up early for once. Mycroft settled back against Lestrade so that he could rest easier without the congestion that was starting to creep in.

9. Duvet

Lestrade pulled the duvet up over them both and settled back. He sniffed gently as he rubbed the back of Mycroft’s neck, rubbing soft circles along the hairline.

“Are you alright, Gregory?” Mycroft asked as he leaned into the relaxing touch.

Lestrade sniffed quietly again. “Mmmmhmmm.”

“Are you sure?”

Lestrade weighed his options. His nose was slightly itchy, but nothing so terrible. He was no longer feeling ill, but he knew he couldn’t outwit a Holmes in anything.

Lestrade rubbed his nose and sniffed again. “I feel fine, love. Just a slight tickle.” He resumed rubbing slow circles around Mycroft’s neck. He felt the tension build in Mycroft as he built up to a pair of sneezes.

Hhh-hh-Mmmmpfch. Mmmmpfch. Mycroft retrieved the handkerchief from the pocket of his dressing gown and blew his nose as best as he could with the congestion building.

“Bless you and bless you again! You must be feeling so horrible, and I’m so sorry for getting you sick.”

Mycroft sniffed. “Thandk you.” He cleared his throat. “Thank you. While I have felt better, it is tolderable. The cold medicide is starting to wear off I believe, Gregory.” Mycroft made another attempt in blowing his nose, which to his dismay made him sneeze; luckily his handkerchief was already in place.

Hehmmmpftcchhhoo!

“Bless,” Lestrade murmured. He placed a gentle kiss along Mycroft’s neck, and found that the skin was warm, but not feverish. He checked the clock on the nightstand. “Based on the time that Anthea gave you cold medicine earlier, you’ve another hour before you can have any more. Will you be ok ‘til then?”

Mycroft nodded. “I imagine I will survive, dear Gregory.”

10. Neck

Lestrade smiled against Mycroft’s neck, still rubbing soothing circles. He breathed in the scent of cologne, tea, and something indescribable, something distinctly Mycroft.

They stayed like that for a few moments, until unfortunately Mycroft’s hair tickled Gregory’s still itchy nose. Gregory quickly turned to the side.

Huhhrahhhshhhooo!! Huhhrahhhshhhooo!!

“God bless you, Gregory,” Mycroft murmured sleepily.

“Thanks. Sorry, love. That tickle, plus your hair,” he chuckled. He placed a gentle kiss on the back of Mycroft’s neck. Mycroft settled back a little deeper against Lestrade and began to doze as Lestrade continued to rub his neck soothingly.

And a continuation . . . Matilda3948, I hope you don't mind I borrowed your Lestrade's sneeze. You had done such a good job with his sneeze, I didn't think I could do it justice myself. twitchsmile.gif

blushing.gif Aww...that's the sweetest! Thank you.

These latest drabbles are simply delicious! ;)

I love how the prompts connect! :clapping: It makes things flow very nicely. Buhhh, and Mystrade cuddles! :wub: Reminds me of this fanart I came across not too long ago. Your drabbles are great, cally! Both Mystrade and Johnlock alike. :heart:

@Matilda3948- I am so glad you're flattered. I was a bit worried. Thank you!

@Spoo- I am glad you're enjoying! :) I figured I could make them connect, as it all connects in my head. I would love to do a "proper" story, but time constraints + real life, you know. Drabbles are quick and easy enough to write as a reward for getting things done. :)

@ cally- don't worry re: drabbles- I totally know what you mean- sometimes there isn't the time, and instead of feeling overwhelmed trying to do a "full out" story, drabbles, or even stuff that isn't strictly 100 words (I can *never* do 100 words- too verbose :P ), but "scene" type of things are less daunting and you feel like you get somewhere without the pressure. Then you can continue or not continue more easily.

Plus, I think that you are really great at doing either thing. :hug:

Love the new ones. :)

When I read your first post, I read

"Sherlock/John"

And literally threw my phone in the air. Why am I so weird?

@ cally- don't worry re: drabbles- I totally know what you mean- sometimes there isn't the time, and instead of feeling overwhelmed trying to do a "full out" story, drabbles, or even stuff that isn't strictly 100 words (I can *never* do 100 words- too verbose tonguesmiley.gif ), but "scene" type of things are less daunting and you feel like you get somewhere without the pressure. Then you can continue or not continue more easily.

Plus, I think that you are really great at doing either thing. hug.gif

Love the new ones. smile.png

Thank you so, so much. It means a lot to hear this right now. :)

Archived