Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Strangers in a Strange Land" (m, f- later) *has link to audio 9/21/13* (at end of thread)

tma

You're an excellent writer, tma!

This story reminds me of a history teacher I had a crush on in my last year of high school. I dreamed about this kind of thing happening between the two of us :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so very much for all the feedback. :) Lady21- I was always a sucker for the cute academic types- and did have a bit of a crush on my orchestra director *blush* shygreeneyes- I am Tooo jealous! Sounds like fun.

Since both of these chapters were a bit on the short side- I figured that I'd post 6&7 together.

Secret Admirers

I took some cold medicine and slept for four hours straight. And woke up completely congested. I went to go get some more, when my roommate called me over. “Theresa, you got mail.” She said with a wink. I looked on the table for a letter. I didn’t see any. “Hon, the flowers in the center of the table- they are for you.” She said, and chuckled.

I blushed, “Sorry. Sniff I dess I can’t tik rid wid dis sniff cold”

“I figured. Open the card though- I am dying to find out who they are from.”

The flowers were gorgeous. A beautiful display of lilies and roses. My two absolute favorite flowers. The lilies were a deep burgundy and the roses were a pure white. I would have to try to smell them after I took some more medicine, as I couldn’t smell a thing.

My hand shakily went to the card. A bold masculine script. “Hope these will serve as a pick-me-up. Get well soon.” There was no signature. But I had a fairly good idea.

“Who are they from?” questioned by roommate.

“I’m not sure.” I answered truthfully, “the card wasn’t signed.”

She sighed. “That is so romantic. You have a secret admirer.”

I figured that it would be best to leave the subject there. Technically, there is nothing wrong with a former (as of today) prof. Sending flowers (if it was him), but I knew that there would be questions and raised eyebrows and I didn’t feel like dealing with either, especially as I felt miserable.

She went over to do some chores and I took more medicine. Then I decided to look up one of my papers for Erik’s class. Yup. Identical. I started to feel much better; I hadn’t been sure how he felt before, or if things were completely in my imagination. I couldn’t wait to go into his office tomorrow. Maybe I’d bring in the flowers and not say anything about them. See if he says anything. I know… I am bad. I suppose that I have to own up to the fact that I am a hopeless romantic.

Mysteries Revealed

I went into the office the next day- I was still a little congested but I felt a lot better than I did the other day. I started working on correcting papers. I had a question about a few things though- so I opened the connecting door to see if Erik was in. He was sitting at his desk, nose in a book, completely absorbed. I hesitated. “Hmmm….. Sir” I managed weakly. I left the door open, thinking that it would just be a minute.

He started a bit and gazed up at me. He smiled, shoved a piece of paper in the book and gestured to a chair. “Yes?” he questioned. I showed him what I had questions on and he nodded, but then said, “Before I give you any answers, I need one from you. How are you feeling? Am I going to have the student union down my throat?” he quipped.

I flushed a little, and looked down towards my shoes. Suddenly my nose started to itch. Talk about horrible timing. “I’m fi… huh fine” I managed. He continued to look at me with a raised eyebrow. “Now, can we get bah ck to… eishoo, Itschoo, huh.. hitchoo” I quickly turned and sneezed into the crook of my arm.

“Bless you.”

“Thank you. I really do feel better” I protested.

“I’m sure that you do, but you are still leaving at noon.” He chuckled, and came around to the other side of the desk to look at the problems.

As he was going through the process of explaining to me his criteria for essay questions- I noticed that he started to sniff. Then he scrubbed at his nose a few times. I kept watching. His eyes started to close and he held up a hand and grabbed his handkerchief. “Ratchoo, Atchoo, huh Hatchoo, Eishoo” and he continued. I waited for him to finish, but I needed to sneeze. I took in a shaky breath just as I heard him take in another shaky breath. “Eishoo, huhEishoo” I sneezed, almost at the same time as his last two harsh sneezes “Heishoo, HuhRetchoo”.

He sighed a little and wiped his eyes with his handkerchief. “Bless you.” He said.

“Bless you.” I responded. “Are you all right?” I questioned.

He nodded and tried to go back to work, but soon had the “pre-sneeze” expression on his face. He wrinkled his nose slightly. “There’s some… thing huh Eischoo, HitChoo, Heischoo ugh… excuse be.” He said congestedly, his face turning pink.

“Bless you.” I walked over and laid my hand against his forehead. It was cool.

“I know that I’b nod sick. “ he insisted as he blew his nose, and walked closer to the open doorway. “There just something that is bu… huh…” his beautiful blue eyes started to tear slightly and he blinked. His breathing was ragged and he hovered on the edge of a sneeze until I thought that I would collapse. He shook his head, “gone. Or…. N..ah tshoo, Heishoo, Retchoo, Heishoo, hitchmf” he managed to stifle the last in the folds of his handkerchief. “I’m sorry. I’m not sure what the problem is,” he said with a rueful smile.

“Are you allergic to anything?” I quarried.

“Flowers can do me in pretty good. “ he admitted with a blush and shake of his head, “But as it is winter…. and…. Huh dere’s “ his breath came in short little pants, I just wanted to take him and kiss him until his lips were as flushed as his nose. “Eichoo, Hitchoo, Eishoo”

Then I had a thought. “Bless you. Oh no!” I ran over to the connecting door and shut it, and took him by the arm- down the hall- “Is that better” I questioned.

He looked at me with a puzzled look, then tested the air- “Yeah, I think so… Yes that is better. Thank you.”

“I’m sorry.” I murmured and am sure that I turned bright red.

“For what?” he questioned.

“I received some flowers the other day and I brought them in to sit on my desk- I left the connecting door open- I’m sorry.” I said hurriedly, afraid to look at him.

He chuckled, a deep, rich sound that made me feel warm all over. “I see. Well, you didn’t know. “ He began to study the floor. “So I take it that the flowers made a good impression?”

Well even though it wasn’t an affirmative answer that he had sent them- I figured it was close enough. What happened next, I still can’t explain. Maybe I was running a slight fever; maybe I was addled by the combination all the feelings that he had stirred up in me. I’m not sure. But I drew in close, and said, “They made a great impression, thank you.” Then I stood on tiptoes next to him and gently kissed his lips.

I am So glad that people are enjoying this. It really is wonderful to receive such generous compliments. Thank you very much for them and for your interest.

Here's the next chapter- ch.8.

What Have I Done

Immediately I came to my senses and realized what I had done, and ran back into my little office and locked the door. I was humiliated. I can’t believe that I had actually kissed him. I put my head in my hands and waited for the ground to open up and swallow me.

Tears started to roll down my cheeks and I knew that I was blushing furiously. I hastily scrubbed at my cheeks with my hands, and sniffed. My nose was starting to tickle again. I quickly reached for a tissue from the box on my desk, “eishoo, huh…. EhHishoo, HutCHoo, Ishoo.” I sighed and blew my nose. I felt miserable, depressed, and foolish all at the same time.

I heard tentative knocking at the door. “Umm… Miss Martin?” I ignored him, hoping that maybe he’d go away. I couldn’t deal with a speel about how he was flattered but didn’t feel the same way, etc, etc. I put my coat on- the room was freezing.

I must have been focused on my papers, because I didn’t hear him unlock the door. He cleared his throat and I spun around. I tried for non-chalance. “Did you need sombthing.” I turned to blow my nose, it was hard to keep up the act while congested.

His blue eyes flashed. He knew exactly what I was up to and he wasn’t going to let me get away with it. “Yes, we need to re…. Resolve sob things, huh… Eishoo, Hatchoo, Ishoo, HuRetchoo” he sneezed forcefully into his handkerchief, having stretched out one arm to lean against the wall to support himself. The flowers were already starting to bother him. I felt bad, but I really didn’t know that I was up to discussing things.

“Bless you. I don’t know that we do. I apologize. I made a mistake. It won’t happen again” I said as my teeth started to chatter slightly. I turned back to my work.

“Yes we do.” He said spinning my chair around so that I was facing him. The movement drew him even closer to the flowers, and his breathing immediately started to become shaky. He didn’t even have time to grab his handkerchief- just sneezed quickly into the crook of his arm, “Ratchoo, hahATchoo, Atchoo, Eishoo.” His eyes were starting to water and they looked miserable and tired, but determined nonetheless.

“Bless you.” I whispered.

He ignored the remark, and “cut to the chase”. “I want you to hear be oud sniff…. Whad ha… Eishoo… Eishoo, happened back dere… Itshoo, HahTshoo was a mistade?” He struggled to maintain his composure, but the flowers were really irritating him. His face was flushed and he didn’t seem to care about the fact that he was all congested. He was intent on presenting his “case” and finding out what was going on.

“Yes” I said with a sniff.

I could have sworn that disappointment flashed briefly in his eyes before the “in control” mask took over. “I see.” He looked over at me, and his mouth opened, as if to ask me something, but instead he started sneezing again. After a huge fit of about 11 in a row with barely time to breathe, he wiped his eyes and came closer. Before I knew what he was up to he had placed his hand on my forehead. “Just whad I thoud.” He murmured. “Comb on.” He said, dragging me by the hand, out of the room.

“What are you do.. ing ishoo, huh eishoo, hitchoo, hitchoo” I paused to sneeze into my cupped hands.

“Bless you. Regardless of what you think of me, you are burning up. You need to be home. Hutchoo, Eishoo. Excuse me. Now.” His tone was completely “in charge” and I knew that he would book no arguments about it.

“Y-yes sir.” I said, my eyes lowered.

“Do you have someone to give you a ride, or shall I take you home?” he asked crisply.

“I can try my roomate” After everything that had happened I didn’t want to feel more in his debt.

I tried… just my luck, she wasn’t there. I called a few more friends. Where was everybody? “I c-can wait.” I said, hanging my head, trying to avoid looking at him.

“No. Waiting is not an option.” Then more gently, “here take these.” He said, handing me a couple of aspirin.

“Thank you.” I murmured, and gingerly swallowed the pills with some water.

“I had a meeting in another town earlier today, so I actually have my car on campus. Come on.”

I felt too sick to protest. I just nodded my head wearily, and got in his car.

Here is ch. 9

Tea and Sympathy

I must have fallen asleep. The next thing that I know, I was lying on the sofa under some blankets at my apartment. “Whad dis going od?” I asked, and struggled to get out from under the covers.

A pair of strong, masculine hands, held my shoulders. “Not so fast.” It was Erik. He was still here.

“Bud whad???” then my nose started to tickle, I didn’t know where the tissues were. Suddenly, there I had a small handful. “Eishoo, Eischoo, Hitchoo, huh… ah… “ it was stuck. I lay back against the pillow.

“You aren’t going anywhere; you are far too sick. I brought you in, using the keys in your purse. And since your roommate isn’t in. I am staying till she gets back.” He explained matter-of-factly.

“You brought me in and got everything set for me?” I quarried in amazement. There were tissues, cough drops, cold medicine, a mug with a tea bag in. They were all neatly organized on the coffee table.

“Ummm… yes, it needed to get done, and nobody else was around.” He said looking at the floor. Then quickly changing the subject, “would you like some tea- I managed to find the honey and can put some in if you’d like.”

“That wou… EISHOO, huh Ishoo, Ishoo” there it came, along with two more. I didn’t have time to get out a tissue, so I turned my head quickly into my elbow.

“Bless you.”

I started to blush. “Thank you. That would be wonderful.”

He started to walk away. My heart was once again full of warmth and happiness. Even if he didn’t feel the same way—he deserved better than how I had reacted earlier. I needed to tell him the truth. I owed him that much. “Erik?” I said in a horse whisper.

He turned around, and came over to the sofa. “Yes?” he asked, looking at me intently.

“I didn’t mean what I said before….”

Before I could finish, he had pressed a finger to my lips. “Shhh…. Don’t talk unless you need to. You need to rest.”

I nodded- my eyes filling up with tears. I watched him look at me, with almost a frightened look in his eye. He wasn’t sure what to do. Finally he made up his mind. He gently put his arms around me and held me close. “It’s alright. Everything will be fine.” He told me in a calm and soothing tone, as he gently rubbed my back. After a little while- he pulled away and looked at my face, streaked with tears. He grabbed a tissue and wiped them away. “Please don’t cry.” He said in a “choked” voice. Then he cleared his throat and lightly patted me on the back. “Everything will be alright. I’ll go make your tea. It will help you feel better.”

He came back with the tea. I gave him a grateful smile and started to drink it. It felt smooth, warm, and good on my sore throat. I looked over at Erik who was looking at me with a mixture of concern and uncertainty. I wasn't quite certain what to do either.

"Would you like anything to drink, or anything", I asked. That seemed to relax him and he laughingly shook his head.

"Tsk, Tsk, I don't think so … you are not allowed to "play hostess"- at least till you're feeling better."

I nodded and sniffed. I wondered to myself if there would ever be a time in the future where I would be able to "play hotess" to him. I sneezed twice, "eischoo, heh.. eischoo" and shivered a little.

"Bless you." He said as he came over to the couch. He laid a gentle hand on my back. "Are you sure that you are warm enough?"

I nodded and stifled a yawn. "come on" he prodded- "you need to sleep. I could try lecturing you about post WWI American Isolationism?" he said with a little smirk, blue eyes twinkling merrily.

I smiled in return. "But I might think that that was interesting, then I'd have to ask you plenty of questions and I'd never get to sleep. Besides, how could anyone refuse a personal lecture?" I countered with a grin and a couple of sniffs.

"You'd be surprised…. Huh Hutchoo, Heischoo, HuptChoo, Hptmf" he turned away suddenly as he sneezed into his cupped hands, managing to stifle the last one.

"Bless you. Are you sure that you are feeling better?" I quarried skeptically.

He blushed and nodded. "I'm fine" but a little shiver betrayed him.

I doubted that. After all it hadn't been that long ago that he had definitely not be well, and running around trying to make sure that I was alright wasn't necessarily going to help. I figured that if I could get him to take it easy things would be better all the way around.

"Sometimes watching a movie helps me sleep." I offered.

Erik brightened. "Where do you keep them? Anything that you feel like watching in particular?"

I blushed and said slowly, "I know that this might sound silly, but I'd love to see "The Princess Bride"."

"Not a problem. That's fine. As long as you get some sleep." He got it out and put the tape in the VCR and started it for me.

My nose was tickling again. I scrubbed at nose, but it didn't go away. Erik handed me a couple of tissues, I nodded my thanks, and gave in to four harsh sneezes.

"Bless you. Do you need an extra blanket or anything else?"

I shook my head, and Erik went over to the table and started working on papers. I really wanted him to come over and lie with me on the couch, but I couldn't think of how to ask him. Somehow the couch felt a little empty without him.

Oh, TMA, this is so sweet! I'm dying to find out if he cuddles with her! You're very talented, hon. :P

~Me~

The final 2 chapters- the saga is complete. I am working on a short stories that pre-dates this one. But alas- this tale is finished. I hope that you enjoy. :D

A Comfortable Place on the Couch

I watched the movie, but my eyes kept straying over to the table. I caught a few glimpses that told me that despite what he might assert that Erik was not feeling up to par. Little sniffs and shivers, and the occasional messaging of his temples.

I looked down at my mug of tea. It was almost gone. I was still a little thristy. Since Erik was still correcting papers, and I didn't want to bother him, I got up and started toward the kitchen. I was a little unsteady on my feet, but I could manage. I slunk by Erik on the way toward the kitchen, fortunately he was too absorbed to notice. There was still enough water in the kettle, and I was able to warm it up enough without setting off the kettle to whistling. I was carrying it back to the couch when I started to get a little dizzy. I swayed a bit, then before I knew what was happening my mug was placed on the table, and I was scooped up and brought over to the couch.

My long, wavy hair must have been brushing too much into his face, irratating his already pinkened nostrils. He turned his head and sneezed twice, "heh… Eckshoo… HuTchoo".

He placed me on the couch, then caught my chin in his hand.,and turned my face to his. Anger, concern, and some other hidden emotion blazed within the depths of his blue eyes- which had turned dark and cloudy.

"Why did you get up?" he ground out, as if talking to a recalcitrant student. Before I could respond, he state, "You are running a fever. You need to stay on the couch. Do you understand?"

Being sick tends to make me a bit overemotional. I bit my lip and nodded as my eyes started to prick and fill with tears. Then suddenly I sneezed. Three quick little "chuh's " in a row, and a couple of tears managed to spill down my cheeks. I turned and angirly wiped at my eyes- I hated to get like this.

"Bless you" suddenly his voice became soft and gentle. "There now, drink up." I obediently took a few sips. I didn't know how to ask him to stay by me without sounding overly demanding, whiny, and/or pathetic. Thankfully, he spared me the trouble.

"Do you just need someone to sit with for a while?" he asked.

I nodded my head, but then added, "If it'd be alright. I know that you have work to do."

"It's alright; I needed a break anyway. This just provides me with an excuse." He stretched, then his nose started to wrinkle a bit. He sniffed twice as he reached for his handkerchief, the drew it up to his face. He drew in a shaky breath, "hehhh " Then he froze, eyes blinking, nose wrinkling furiously. Suddenly he threw back his head and succumbed. "Eikchoo, uh eikchoo, huRetchoo chmpt." His face started to get a bit pink.

"Bless you. You sound like you might be able to use a rest."

"Well… perhaps." He slightly conceded. Wanting to change the subject, he asked, "Would you like another blanket- it seems a bit chilly. I'm sure that you must be cold."

I could tell that he was running a fever by what he had asked, and by the little beads of sweat on his forehead.

I shook my head a litte. "I'm not too bad. This blanket is really big. Would you mind sharing with me- I'm sure that we'll be warm enough." I couldn't resist adding "I promise not to get you sick." But ruined the effect by sneezing twice into my cupped hands. "Ishoo, huh Ishoo"

He flushed, but grabbed at the covers. I decided to stop teasing and change the subject so that he'd feel more comfortable. "I've always been curious. What brought you out here?"

Let's Start At the Very Beginning

The embarrassed and flustered look gave way to a little grin, and lightened his whole countenance. "Now we are going back to the days of my youth" he chuckled. I knew that was in part a tease since Erik had been out here teaching only 5 years to my 3 years here as a student.

"The trials of those soon to be thirty. Having to reach back into the memory banks." I said with a grin. Of the history department, he was the youngest by quite a few years. Last week one of the other professors stopped by at the end of class to confer with Erik and made a comment to the class about Erik having to spend the last week of his youth wisely prior to reaching the ripe old age of thirty.

He nodded gravely, but the spark was certainly back in his blue eyes. "Well way back in ye olden days…." He cleared his throat. "Actually I've known that I wanted to be a teacher most of my life. I guess part of that steams from an enjoyment of the process of learning. I really love to see the moment when I know that someone has finally "gotten it". After completing my Masters program and having put in a couple of years on my doctorate- I got a call from a friend about a position that had opened up at this school. I talked to the dean and the board of directors and they were fine with my finishing the rest of my doctoral work while teaching. So, for three years I had a pared down class load. The rest of the faculty was terrific about taking on the extra classes while I finished."

A sneeze had crept up on me, and although I was vastly enjoying the conversation- my thoughts must have appeared to be elsewhere. Erik stopped, looked over at me and flushed a bit. "Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on like that."

I shook my head, trying to tell him that it had nothing to do with him, when it struck- followed by a few more in rapid succession. "Eichoo….huh uh ishoo ishoo choo". He reached over and handed me a couple of tissues. "Bless you"

I blushed. "Thanks. I was Trying to say that it wasn't you. I'm been enjoying myself very much. I did want to ask you though- why here per sey? I think that it is fabulous that they allowed you to teach and finish up your doctorate, but to come in here in the first place? And to stay after you'd gotten your PhD. You've had it for two years. Is it gratitude or something else?" Then suddenly I remembered myself, and who I was speaking with and how presumptuous I must be sounding. I turned red and stammered. "Sorry for being so nosy. You really don't have to indulge my curiosity if I am getting too personal. It's bad enough that you've been so helpful, I shouldn't repay you by harassing you."

He chuckled and shook his head. "No you don't. There is no way that I'm going to let you feel sorry for showing an interest. You know, this is the first time that anyone has asked me about why I'm out here, and actually wanted to know." His breathing had started to get a bit shallow, and I could tell that he was trying to fight off another sneeze. I tried to get him back involved in conversation.

"What do you mean, someone asked you, but didn't want know?" I asked with a chuckle.

He nodded, "The dean. He was juh… uh.." he wrinkled his nose and sniffed, it seemed to back off. "just trying to be polite. Found that out when I started to explain and noticed that he was glancing at his watch on the sly. Huh- Etschoo, HutRetchoo, Eichoo, hitchmft" he sighed and mumbled "'cuse be" .

I noticed that this time he had turned away slightly and brought his cupped hands to his face. I picked out a few tissues and handed them to him.

"Trust me, I'm not even wearing a watch" I held up my bare wrists as proof. "So what made you decide to stay?"

"No peeking at the clock?"

"No peeking."

"Alright, well I have actually received a couple of other offers, and at one point I was very tempted."

My mind was spinning. I was sure that Erik had received others offers- but actually hearing him say it- and that he had been "very tempted" gave me an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I didn't want to interrupt. I just nodded.

"The thing is" and here he started to look a bit embarrassed, "this might sound strange , but…"

Here I interrupt with a small fit of nine sneezes. Three sets of three back to back (chuh, chuh, Eichoo), then a brief pause while I gear up for the next three. The last of the nine I manage to stifle in the tissues that I pulled out.

"Bless you"

"Excuse me." I said sheepishly, "Go on, really"

Erik cleared his throat and continued, "Well I had discovered something that I could do here that I couldn't necessarily do in those other places- really teach. Not just lecture- though I suppose I do enough of that, too." He said with a rueful grin. "I hope this doesn't sound overly conceited- I feel like I can make some small sort of a difference. Part of it is the much smaller class sizes. Our biggest classes here would be considered "small" and "intimate" at those schools. The other part is confusing. It's a big part of why I stay, and why I really want to leave sometimes." Erik stopped and stared blankly ahead. At first he appeared lost in thought, but then, a shaky hand grabbed at a couple of tissues and trembling a bit, held them up "heh…huh.. HuTshoo, eichoo, Eichoo, huRetchoo, huRetchoo eh… heh…. Eichoo, Hutchmpt, eh…. Chmpt"

"Bless you. What, your allergies?" I questioned teasingly, considering where he had left off.

This drew a chuckle and shake of the head. "No, but remind me, if you don't get bored out of your skull before then, to tell you about Tulip Festival the week of the year I got my Ph D." he said with a laugh.

"Alright." I said with a grin, "but I'm warning you, I'm going to remember to ask you, so you'd better be prepared to tell me. Can't give me a teaser about the Infamous Tulip Festival and then not tell."

"I won't let you down." He said with a wink and a grin.

"So what is the part that is confusing for you?"

Sobering up he said, "The part that is confusing is that it feels so different out here. Almost everyone that goes to this school has been brought up isolated and sheltered. The town is the same way- if not more so. People grow up having things set in black and white, sarcasm seems to elude most of them. I do admit that it can be a refreshing change from the darkness and cynicism, but it certainly presents it's challenges in regards to teaching. Sometimes I feel like I need to stay- that I bring a different point of view to the table and that is valuable, and that it is just as valuable for me to be forced into articulating my world view and thinking about other points of view." He sighed, and slowly rubbed his temples, "Sometimes though- it can get to be a bit wearying to feel…." He trailed off, head in his hands.

I spontaneously reached for his hand. "Like the stranger in a strange land?" I whispered.

He turned his head toward me, and nodded slowly, looking down at our hands. Then his blue eyes looked up to meet my hazel. I felt as though I was drowning. Like there had finally been a release of some previously unknown walls, and now I could gaze into his eyes and feel him right down to his soul. The journeys that we have experienced have been different, but something told me that in the core we are amazingly similar. Kindred spirits.

"Theresa?" he said with a raspy quality to his voice. My name came out in part as a question, in part a statement, in part a plea.

All that I could do was nod. Then slowly, and yet suddenly feelings took. We leaned forward and our lips met.

A wonderful piece of work, something to be very proud of. Thank you so much for drawing it all together in such a sweet ending.

Awwwww! That was TOO SWEET! Thank you so much for sharing and I do hope that you will share more with us in the future! :D I'll be reading for sure!

~Frack

Sweetie, that's always been one of my favorite stories *hug* thank you for updating it and bringing it to the fore again. It's a wonderful piece of writing that deserves to be remembered :)

Meh Meh Meh! I love it small purring sounds errupt from the Kitty!

Why did you get up?" he ground out, as if talking to a recalcitrant student. Before I could respond, he state, "You are running a fever. You need to stay on the couch. Do you understand?"

That kind of care makes me swoon and is the best!

Very nice!

Kitty

• 6 months later...

Amazingly enough I finished a story!! :drool:

This story takes place about 3 years prior to the "prof story".

So as to avoid having to cut and paste I'll just do this as an attachment from my Word document.

Let me know if you can't access the file- then I'll do a cut and paste job. Feedback is welcome. Hope you like. :laugh:

Tiptoe_through_the_Tulips.doc

I really liked it except that it drives me a little bit nutty when people use CPR when someone stops breathing..."rescue breathing" or "mouth to mouth rescusitation" is specific for someone in respiratory arrest. But you see CPR used like that in movies and books all the time. Gah!

But I loved the description of the tulip basket, and how he tried to hide his allergies. Totally sexy. And great sneeze spellings. :drool:

Thanks.

I was thinking that it wasn't really CPR- but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it Was. Then you wrote "mouth to mouth" and I thought "That was it" Thanks. :drool: That was driving me loopy. I will have to go in and change that.

Awesome! I'm so glad you weren't offended or something...not that I think you're easily offended...oh boy, there I go, digging for the fork again... :D

I like Dr. Kennedy - very cool guy. Reminds me a bit of Dr. Lawn from "Night Watch" of the Discworld series, if you've ever read it. And comparing a character to one of Terry Pratchett's is great honor, trust me =)

I liked the narrative style, it was very natural :D And allergy sneezes are always a wonderful thing!

Great job, tma, truly a pleasure to read :hug:

Thank you very much for the compliments. *blush* I really appreciate them. I'm glad that you liked it.

Polychrome- no problem with the correction. It helped me out. I think that the other reason for Eric's not wanting to drop the basket is that that many imported tulips must have cost an arm and a leg. ^_^ hehehe... Glad you like the spellings- I have trouble sometimes but I could hear his sneezes pretty clearly in my head.

Chat Noire- thanks- I take that as a high compliment indeed! I had a lot of fun with Kennedy's character- very dry and laid back.

Lady- thanks! I really try to have some type of flow that feels natural to me. It really makes me feel good to head that someone else thought that it felt natural. B)

I'm starting a sequel to the prof. story that looks to connect both this story and the prof. one. We'll see how it goes.

Archived