Sneeze Fetish Forum

Worst Internet Trends

Emily

Everybody hates on hashtags and #YOLOs but most of us end up using them anyway. Which are you most guilty of doing?

Edited to say that I just realized I've been saying "PRAISE THE HELIX" a lot more due to *ahem* Twitch.

of those two, neither one.

Oh... and "The Feels" - can I kill that one? tonguesmiley.gif

I am guilty of the following: typing lol, potential smilie abuse, and writing y'all even though I am not from the Southern US.

Oh... and "The Feels" - can I kill that one?

Yeah, that one. Plus "The Struggle", I've fallen into the trap with these two.

worst internet trends you say? how about the stupid 'liking' on facebook? twitter, as a whole...just seems so stupid to me. hell all the social networking sites seem like theyre taking over....not one single teen i know is able to spend more than 2 minutes without checking dumb FB or twitter on their iphones...

I used to always do the 'HTML end' back when they were in fashion (were they ever in fashion? I don't even know). They were kind of used to express things the same way as hashtags are now, except that hashtags are so much better </sarcasm>

I will never, ever use "hashtags", because to me they are still the pound key or denote "number". I don't understand why # was given a new use, when it already had perfectly serviceable ones.

I still don't understand why it's even called a hashtag. I always get an image of a McDonald's hash brown. But alas, I am a teenager and I hang out with teenagers and peer influence has befell me more times than I can count. Did I use befell right

also sucker for Harry Potter memes

1620577_622014117864328_1301459934_n.jpg

I don't really like #... even though i sometimes use it.

Our spirit week cheer was "what do we have?" "swag!" "what do we have?!" "swag!!" "hashtag ocho swag! hashtag ocho swag! hashtag ocho swag! hashtag ocho swag!"

I cannot tell you how many people hated it. Teacher convinced us that hating on it and not doing it wasn't cool; it looked stupid. that's probably the only reason people cheered.

I am insanely guilty of using the doge meme.

Everything is always "such" and "so" with "wow" at the end.

Such internets.

So trend.

Wow.

Mine is probably the feels too but I end up using it a lot with my interwebs friends and my IRL fangirl friends

Um... I use "the feels" sometimes. I didn't realize that it was a thing though. Maybe I didn't even use it correctly? I'll have to go look it up now!

I'm guilty of lols, too many smiley faces and these thingies (^^) which nobody besides me seems to use^^.

(^^) which nobody besides me seems to use^^.

I use these ^^ so you're not alone ^^

Archived