Sneeze Fetish Forum

Posting Too Much?

AdrianMarx

I'm really worried about asking this because I'm 99% sure this will have already been answered somewhere along the line but I've been looking for a while and I thought I'd just go for it. Please don't eat me.

I just wondered if it was normal for there to be a set amount of time to wait before posting something else given that I'm still pending. It's not a problem or anything but I worry a lot.

It's just, I got a message that said something along the lines of "an administrator has restricted your account; please wait so long before posting again" and I know that I just type really fast and generally have a lot to say so I can see it being my fault. Which is why I'm asking. It's only because it said that an administrator had done it.

Does that mean it's just a general thing that happens automatically? Or is it because I've done something and someone had to actually do something about it?

I mean, I'm totally cool with waiting a minute between posting. It's hardly a lifetime. But I'm also really paranoid that I've done something wrong because I don't want to mess up before I've really started. And, if I have, I'm sorry!

(Just to be clear: I'm not asking for someone to change this. I'm just curious.)

I think it's an automatic thing. It's happened to me a few times before, and I think if it was actually a problem an admin would PM you about it.

Don't worry 'bout it :hug:

Hi AdrianMarx ^_^

There isn't such a thing as "posting too much". The Staff do tend to look at the quality of posts as opposed to the quantity when assessing someone for validation, so the actual number isn't always a deciding factor for validation.

There are instances that could be considered "spamming" such as posting just "nice" or "thanks for sharing" on a lot of posts purely to increase your post count, which we would like to discourage as it's not something that we deem as positive contributions.

However, I do not believe that an Administrator would put a hold on your posting if you were posting a lot - I do believe it is an automatic error message, so unless you get a specific PM from a member of Staff then it will be fine :)

:hug:

I think it is probably just a glitch. I'll get random glitches every once in a while. As me, and also as staff person- I can assure you that (to my knowledge) you haven't done *anything* wrong in the least.

Hope that helps at least a little. I'm totally a panic/ worry person too with things where I worry if I messed something up- so I understand that feeling.

Thanks guys! I feel a lot better now. And I'm glad someone understands my worrying <3

Nah ur good sweetie. Its not like ur posting in every section back to back. I got the same message too. :hug: Hakuna Matata!

As a few people said before, it is an automatic message. The board has something called "flood control", which means that if you try to post twice within a specified amount of time (even if you've taken a longer time to write the messages and just post them quickly after each other), the software will automatically ask you to wait for a bit before you can post the second one.

As others have said, it's an automatic message triggered by you trying to post what the system thinks (incorrectly!) is too fast to have formulated a new reply. It is a pain, but it has absolutely nothing to do with you: I've been quite a while, with no problems, but because I read so quickly, I often run into this roadblock. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said, it's an automatic message triggered by you trying to post what the system thinks (incorrectly!) is too fast to have formulated a new reply. It is a pain, but it has absolutely nothing to do with you: I've been quite a while, with no problems, but because I read so quickly, I often run into this roadblock. :)

Someone understands me! Finally!

Archived