Sneeze Fetish Forum

Full Site Not Working on Mobile

Heavy-Chevy

I thought this topic had been brought up before but I since I didn't see anything already posted I'm starting this one. I can't get the full site option to work on my phone. Whenever I visit the forum and click the button to view full site, it does nothing. I was able to view the full site at one time but then I remember there was a forum software update and suddenly that option didn't work anymore. I do see a button to download a separate app for Invision Powerboards if that might help?

I know others have also had this problem while others seem to have no problems at all. Not sure if this is an issue of iPhone vs. Android? I have an iPhone 4s. The reason I prefer the full site is because there are some options that just aren't available on the mobile platform. Any input on this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Seconded.

(With the additional information that the full site didn't work on my iPhone 4S when I had one, and still doesn't work on my new iPhone 5.)

I use an android phone and I haven't had any problems using the forum. It might be something to do with the iPhone?

(I could be missing the actual question though, sorry!)

I use an android phone and I haven't had any problems using the forum. It might be something to do with the iPhone?

Same. I don't usually use my phone for forum access, but I happen to be at the moment and everything appears to be fine. In fact I looked to see if there was a button for "full site" or anything at the bottom of the page and it looks like my browser automatically went to the full site, because the only option I have is to switch to mobile version. Based on the fact that the two of you who are having trouble are using iPhones and the two of us who aren't having issues are using android, an OS compatibility problem seems like a definite possibility. Have either of you tried using a browser other that safari? Assuming that's even possible on an iPhone.

You know what would be interesting? If there was an app made for the SFF available on iPhone and Android. The app itself could have all the features and stuff, maybe in a slightly different format to make it easier to navigate on the mobile, and...yeah. Just a thought. I'm not asking for anything, 'cuz you forum people have done so much already <3. :hug:

I have seen on iTunes there are some apps that have been produced for Invision Power Services (that's the company who make the software we use to run the forum) sites but, speaking personally, I wouldn't have anything like the knowledge required to build any sort of app.

However, I have just visited the IPS site and the next version of the software (due for release in a month or two) should have what's called a responsive design i.e. it detects the kind of device you're accessing the site with and modifies the layout accordingly to make it easy to browse.

I view the forum on a hidden browser within another app because my parents check my history, but it still looks the same as mobile on my other app.

Same. I don't usually use my phone for forum access, but I happen to be at the moment and everything appears to be fine. In fact I looked to see if there was a button for "full site" or anything at the bottom of the page and it looks like my browser automatically went to the full site, because the only option I have is to switch to mobile version. Based on the fact that the two of you who are having trouble are using iPhones and the two of us who aren't having issues are using android, an OS compatibility problem seems like a definite possibility. Have either of you tried using a browser other that safari? Assuming that's even possible on an iPhone.

I did try using another mobile browser and I ran into the same problem again - option to display full site is there but the button does nothing when I tap it.

Archived