Sneeze Fetish Forum

Tom Hardy

allergyboy2001

As mentioned on a thread in the Sneezing in the Media section, British actor Tom Hardy had a cold while filming his latest movie, Locke, and they decided to build it into the script. I haven't seen the film but apparently he blows his nose repeatedly.

The purpose of this parallel thread is to mention that if you go to Google News and type in Tom Hardy Handkerchief, there are several interviews where he discusses why he chose for his character to keep a handkerchief in his sleeve, in between noseblowings. Supposedly something a British father might do, and the quick retrieval potential helps prevent " snot from flying out of your face" or words to that effect.

I hope it is a real handkerchief and not a tissue. He seems like a classy guy. :-)

If anyone sees the film, let us know how it is from our, um, unique perspective, LOL. In terms of general aesthetics, he is said to have done an excellent job in what is practically a one-man show.

• 1 month later...

OMG I didn't realize it was a real cold! I thought it was a strange artistic choice. Now I like it even more :) (But I thought the movie was pretty dull.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/17/2014 at 8:54 PM, allergyboy2001 said:

As mentioned on a thread in the Sneezing in the Media section, British actor Tom Hardy had a cold while filming his latest movie, Locke, and they decided to build it into the script. I haven't seen the film but apparently he blows his nose repeatedly.

The purpose of this parallel thread is to mention that if you go to Google News and type in Tom Hardy Handkerchief, there are several interviews where he discusses why he chose for his character to keep a handkerchief in his sleeve, in between noseblowings. Supposedly something a British father might do, and the quick retrieval potential helps prevent " snot from flying out of your face" or words to that effect.

I hope it is a real handkerchief and not a tissue. He seems like a classy guy. :-)

If anyone sees the film, let us know how it is from our, um, unique perspective, LOL. In terms of general aesthetics, he is said to have done an excellent job in what is practically a one-man show.

Likewise, I've always wondered if the reason the Nazi in Schindler's List, Amon Goeth, has a cold in part of the movie is because Ralph Fiennes, the actor who played him, had a cold at some point in the filming.  As with Hardy's character, there is with Fiennes' a lot of nose-dabbing with his handkerchief. 

Archived