Sneeze Fetish Forum

Most awkward moment in recent memory!

xfilesgurl

I'm a high school teacher and I have one class that has 10 kids in it (whoooo! lucky me!). This happened today during class.

One of my girls had the hiccups. Someone said "Say spaghetti, that gets rid of them." Another girl said "No, that's for sneezing." A boy says "Why would anyone want to stop sneezing? I like to sneeze, it feels good." He pauses, looks up at me and says "Don't you think it feels good to sneeze, Ms _____?"

I suddenly had this almost out of body experience where I was thinking "react. no, don't react. but if you don't react they'll think it's weird. but if you do react you might react weird. Say something. Say something. SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!"

So I said "Hmm...I guess so." as I could feel my face getting red. Then they all just went back to work like nothing had ever happened.

All I can say is ***WHEW*** ;)

Xfilesgurl

Yuck, the computer went down in the middle of my post.

I was saying to xfilesgurl - what an awkward situation. But, I think that you handled it well. I have heard my students talk about sneezing right in front of me, but I've never been asked a question like that.

It seems as if this group has a higher percentage of teachers than any other profession. (In any case, there are a lot of teachers.) What are we to make of that?

And do the students call you Ms. Xfilesgurl? ;)

Joel

My students call me many names....Ms. Xfilesgurl is not one of them ;)

As for the number of teachers....it's an interesting idea to ponder. I don't have a whole lot of thought on it besides that other than to say that I've noticed quite a few teachers here as well.

Xfilesgurl

Archived