Sneeze Fetish Forum

SFF Code website (suggestions for improvement)

PetalPunk

Is the SFF Code website still running, the link still works...I was just wondering. How do we access it? We need a user and password. the fine print says we can find the password on the forum. So how do we access this amazing website?

What is this? smile.png

There is a link to the SFF Code website in the website links section on our main page, Harley :)

The site is still operational but it hasn't been updated in, like, forever.

If anyone has ideas for the site be sure to let me know!

(but don't ask me to set up a forum, the existing ones are more than fine ;) )

Can I make suggestions now, here on this topic?

What I'd like is to see sneezebot updated. I tried to to him/her a few days ago and he/she isn't very articulate.

Can I make suggestions now, here on this topic?

What I'd like is to see sneezebot updated. I tried to to him/her a few days ago and he/she isn't very articulate.

I'm sorry to say that the bot is the most difficult/tedious part of the web-site to improve.

At some point I actually spent quite some work to make the bot a bit more articulate - it has to be trained "manually" by its maintainer (me) based on chat logs.

But then some kind of disaster struck the provider (their hardware equipment died due to heavy weather) and they lost all bot definitions.

As it goes, I didn't have any recent back-up.

After they recovered from hardware failure, they managed to restore an older version of the bot from their own backups,

but I never found the courage to improve it again.

Ever since that happened, I have been keeping an eye on different technologies hoping to eventually find something that can be easily reused and

that learns autonomously instead of guided by "me" but never found anything I could easily reuse in the web site (and I never tried to

come up with something myself - that would take considerable time and effort).

It turns out that having a decent conversation, even if confined to some specialized topic,

is a rather tricky artificial intelligence problem and even state of the art systems (as far as I'm aware of them)

still have limited capabilities. IBM has built some kind of supercomputer called "Watson" that might be up to the task, but of course "normal people" don't have access to such systems ;) and Apple's "Siri" and Google's "Google Now" also show some promise, but they have a different purpose - namely to assist you in finding information, and not to have a conversation.

As an alternative, I've heard good things about cleverbot (but it seems offline at the moment).

I'm sorry to say that the bot is the most difficult/tedious part of the web-site to improve.

thank you for that helpful information. I hope someday Sneezebot will be back up and running.

yes, I've been talking to a friend online and I introduced him to Cleverbot and he's complaining to me that he/she isn't working at the moment.

Archived