Sneeze Fetish Forum

Voice crushes

Chanel_no5

Come on people, I know you have them. Who are the people you're not neccessarily attracted to physically, but whose voices get you by hello? tonguesmiley.gif Here's my list, no particular order:

Morgan Freeman (I mean, who doesn't have a voice crush on this man? He could tell me the Earth is flat and the moon is made of cheese and I would just nod and accept it as fact. Take a hint, politicians.)

Helen Mirren (Smooth, silky and when the occasion calls for it, very commanding. Adding the British accent and I'm totally gone. happy.png )

Meryl Streep (especially when she's playing Miranda Priestly. That voice is like silk brushing against your very spine, stroking all the nerve-endings. Purrrrrr....)

Eleanor Audley (this actually makes me feel very weird, not only because I used to be/sort of still am terrified of Maleficent but also because E.A apparently was in the middle of a bout of tuberculosis while recording Maleficent's voice. I mean... scary character - sexy voice - scary disease. It's just messing with my head.)

Goldie Hawn (I think it's how her voice is much deeper than you'd imagine from looking at her. She looks like the typical "squeaky-tryin'-to-sound-cute"-girl and then opens her mouth to reveal a fullbodied, strong and soft voice. BAM prejudices!)

Rickard Wolff (I'm not really much for men which goes for their voices as well, but that voice is so deep it goes beyond scary and into sexy even for me. Don't ask me to explain it. I can't. heh.gif )

And just for good measure, my dear (I'm proud to say "friend") Hot Shot has a voice that derails my train of thought ever so often. It's full, rich and deep and she sometimes lowers it into something between a growl and a purr. Twice I've heard her chuckle that low-pitched. It was a terrifying sound. I don't think I have ever been so turned on by a sound that wasn't a sneeze before. heh.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My top two that come to mind. I love everything about them, but their voices are the cherry on top.

Benedict Cumberbatch - His deep, calculating, voice performance of Khan and his quirky cuteness as Sherlock *melts*

Robert Downey Jr - He's such a smooth talker; his voice over commercials make me want to buy whatever product he's endorsing.

I really like deep voices on women, like Lauren Bacall, but also anything fragile, raspy, or squeaking, which encompasses a pretty huge range from sounds like Ellen Greene to Cat Power and Lady Lamb the Beekeeper, if we can get into singing voices. Also under the music token, the filters and pitches that Karin Dreijer Andersson (The Knife, Fever Ray) applies to her voice are very weirdly erotic to me, even if they're extremely unnatural sounding.

Most of the popular choices for male voice crushes don't do anything for me (Morgan Freeman, David Attenborough, Sean Connery, etc.) although I do definitely like Benedict Cumberbatch, I think that's his major selling point for me. Also love the hell out of Tom Waits, who perpetually sounds like he's sick, so that may have something to do with it. And John Rafter Lee, who is slightly more obscure. He voiced a character on Aeon Flux, which I watched during my formative years in the early 90's, and it did all sorts of things to me, despite the character not being attractive in any way. I'm not sure why that one pushes so many of my buttons, it has a nice rounded quality to it.

metalknight2099

Arleen Sorkin(Smart girl playing ditzy blone and who has a sexy fun crazy side) , Susan Egan(the wise-cracking independant woman that is inspired by the ladies of the 40's), and Jodi Benson(just a sweet soft pure voice).

Alan Rickman

Rogue (The Crüxshadows)

The singer from Marcy Playground

Lana del Rey

I've had a vocal crush on Joey Lauren Adams since "Chasing Amy". And Yeardley Smith from The Simpsons for years.

Benedict Cumberbatch - it's no secret that BC is my no.1 voice crush. Rich, rumbly baritone, deep but very expressive. It's a warm voice, if that makes any sense. At his most low-pitched, you can almost feel the vibrations in your own chest. So sexy. I love how versatile he is vocally, and how most of the characters he plays have their own distinct voice. 27+ different voices/accents in one audiobook?

Ian McKellen - hnnngh.

. I could marry this man's diction. And that slightly "quivery" quality of his vowels when he delivers an emotional line. Gorgeous.

Ben Whishaw - I might have a thing for Shakespearean voices. Otherwise Whishaw's voice is quite different from the deep, resonant voices I usually go for; instead it's soft and light and delicate, a "sensitive" voice, somehow, and I find it incredibly pleasant and attractive.

Bryan Cranston - Back to the deep, growly goodness. <3

I also have a bunch of Japanese voice-actor crushes, namely Yasumoto Hiroki, Miyake Kenta, Narita Ken and Nakai Kazuya. Again, nice and deeeep. <3 Yasumoto and Miyake especially.

It's a warm voice, if that makes any sense.

Oh yes. Yes, it does. :yes:

• 5 weeks later...

Gwwwrrrooorrrr, I've been revisiting old (I mean OLD) movies and I can't believe I forgot to mention Marlene Dietrich and Greta Garbo! Those voices make me purr with pleasure... :heart:

Angie Harmon. Her voice is a large reason that I end up watching the shows she appears in.

Hot damn! Everything about this woman is super sexy to me!

And this one doesn't really belong because it's only his singing voice, but Chris Young....I mean that man could sing about toilets and I'd melt into a giant puddle of goo and consider it as a wedding song....(But then - and who didn't know I was going to say this - but Michael Bolton would fall into this category too....and his talking voice is sexy as hell too...)

Benedict Cumberbatch - it's no secret that BC is my no.1 voice crush. Rich, rumbly baritone, deep but very expressive. It's a warm voice, if that makes any sense. At his most low-pitched, you can almost feel the vibrations in your own chest. So sexy. I love how versatile he is vocally, and how most of the characters he plays have their own distinct voice. 27+ different voices/accents in one audiobook? No problem.

YES! Same here.

#2 on my list is a non-famous person and just has (for me) the feel of that- but higher tone.

There are others but my brain isn't thinking at the moment. lol!!

Certain people could read the dictionary I'd I'd be hanging on their every word. :lol:

Scarlett Johannson. Though for some reason she doesn't do it for me at all looks wise, I could listen to her speak all day. Really I like any female voice that has that slight rasp like she needs to clear her throat.

I really like Grey DeLisle's voice. And Tress MacNeille can do some sexy voices too!

As for a "guy-crush"... I absolutely LOVE Christopher Lee's voice.

Ok!!

Morgan Freeman....

Chris Pine......

Jude Law....

Hugh Jackman

The Guy who voices Ceaser in the new planet of the apes.....that voice....unnnghh

NOAH WATTS!!!!!!!

Val Kilmer( Sexy Moses)

Ralph Fiennes( Sexy Rameses....:drool: )

And many more.....

WAIT....

Elijah Wood....

As for "female Voice Crush" Lucy Liu and Lucy Lawless...

The guy who currently plays Leonardo in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. His name is Jason Briggs. His voice on Leo is perfect and might I say..sexy! Except there getting rid of him and putting Seth Green in for season 3 uhoh.gif and I'm like noooo!! sad2.gif

Val Kilmer( Sexy Moses)

Ralph Fiennes( Sexy Rameses.... )

Oh my God, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!!! I love this movie, btw! :D

Yeah Tom Hiddleston - that Jaguar advert? Dear God!!!!

Also any smooth Edinburgh accent is like audible catnip!!

Val Kilmer( Sexy Moses)

Ralph Fiennes( Sexy Rameses.... )

Oh my God, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!!! I love this movie, btw! :D

Yes!!!!! I wanted moses to stay with rameses....my mind!! :D And i love Charlton Heston!!!!!

• 2 years later...

I agree about Ralph Fiennes.  If there's a gentler, more mellifluous male voice out there, then I have not heard it.

Liam Neeson!  I love his timbre and his accent.

I may have once said I want to lick Alan Cummings' voice.... :whistle2:

Archived