Sneeze Fetish Forum

Panicking a bit

CHOCOLATE <3

My laptop broke. The trackpad got all screwy and then it just stopped working correctly. Before the trackpad broke, I was writing and had a bunch of different stories up in pages, and I'm fairly certain that SFF was up on my internet. I managed to delete all evidence of SFF I think, but I'm freaking out because WHAT IF HE DISCOVERS MY STORIES IM NOT READY FOR THAT. Hopefully it'll be like when I was on there and I couldn't see any text.

NEVER HAVE I HOPED FOR MY COMPUTER TO DELETE MY STORIES SO BADLY.

Unless the whole computer is dead, you could plug in a USB mouse and move your stories to a flash drive or something like that. Is it just the trackpad that's broken, or is the whole thing bricked?

Unless the whole computer is dead, you could plug in a USB mouse and move your stories to a flash drive or something like that. Is it just the trackpad that's broken, or is the whole thing bricked?

It's hard to explain what's wrong with it, but even if the trackpad wasn't broken the computer would be unusable.

Who's the "he" you're talking about? The computer repair man?

Yes

I used to freak out about the same stuff when my computer would break a lot in middle/high school, but let me tell you... he really couldn't care less. And he won't be opening and reading all of your documents anyway!! Seriously, it looks way less suspicious to them than it does to us.

Yes

Well, I don't imagine that he'd have any need to restore your previous browser session and see what you were up to. He wouldn't have any need to open up your word processor either. Unless I'm missing something, I think you're probably safe.

Yes

Well, I don't imagine that he'd have any need to restore your previous browser session and see what you were up to. He wouldn't have any need to open up your word processor either. Unless I'm missing something, I think you're probably safe.

I've made the settings so that everytime you turn on the computer whatever windows you had open before turning off open up automatically

Yes

I've made the settings so that everytime you turn on the computer whatever windows you had open before turning off open up automatically

In that case, it would depend entirely on what's wrong with the computer. I don't imagine that even if that stuff popped up for him he'd spend any time reading it though. I know a bit about repairing computers. If I was repairing somebody's computer and some document popped up in front of me, I'd just close it without even looking at it. Especially for people who do this professionally, time is money. Your computer guy probably doesn't care enough to give it a second glance.

Yes

In that case, it would depend entirely on what's wrong with the computer. I don't imagine that even if that stuff popped up for him he'd spend any time reading it though. I know a bit about repairing computers. If I was repairing somebody's computer and some document popped up in front of me, I'd just close it without even looking at it. Especially for people who do this professionally, time is money. Your computer guy probably doesn't care enough to give it a second glance.

Oh thank God. Thank you haha

Yes

I used to freak out about the same stuff when my computer would break a lot in middle/high school, but let me tell you... he really couldn't care less. And he won't be opening and reading all of your documents anyway!! Seriously, it looks way less suspicious to them than it does to us.

I feel like we're all just paranoid hahaha

Update: the apple store called and the guy on the other side of the phone told me that the hard drive is shot, and I lost everything on the computer.

I don't know whether to be relieved or upset that every story that I've written or added to since march (I kept forgetting to backup everything and now it's bitten me in the ass...at least I didn't lose anything important)

Gah, I think I'd die if I lost everything on mine. In addition to all my uni work, I've got at least 30-40 fics. :lol:

Gah, I think I'd die if I lost everything on mine. In addition to all my uni work, I've got at least 30-40 fics. heh.gif

At least it doesn't matter that I lost my school stuff, since there wasn't much on it to begin with, but I lost 95% of the stories I'd been working on. Ugh. Now I have to start over :l

Gah, I think I'd die if I lost everything on mine. In addition to all my uni work, I've got at least 30-40 fics. heh.gif

At least it doesn't matter that I lost my school stuff, since there wasn't much on it to begin with, but I lost 95% of the stories I'd been working on. Ugh. Now I have to start over :l

I'm sure you can do it, aha. I've had to restart a few times because the file corrupted and I was so upset, honestly.

I'm sure you can do it, aha. I've had to restart a few times because the file corrupted and I was so upset, honestly.

It's awful timing too. College started back up again, and I actually want to do well for once, so I haven't had much time to write. And then when I do, I have no inspiration and it's major writer's block

It's awful timing too. College started back up again, and I actually want to do well for once, so I haven't had much time to write. And then when I do, I have no inspiration and it's major writer's block

Aw, I'm sorry :( have you tried using prompts to get you going? I find using drabble words helps create the base of a story and I can usually continue from that.

Oh no!! I know this feeling very well. You know what I did? When I was 17, my computer totally just stopped working. They told me at the computer place that if I told them what file extensions I wanted, they could probably recover most of them. Well, I told them I wanted all the standard stuff, including .wavs and mp3's. Then, I realized I had saved a ton of fetish stuff on my comp so (I'm laughing at myself for real), I said very hastily to the tech, "Hey, I do a lot of allergy research, so you will find a bunch of sneezing stuff on there."

Jeez, what the hell was I thinking. :lol:

Oh no!! I know this feeling very well. You know what I did? When I was 17, my computer totally just stopped working. They told me at the computer place that if I told them what file extensions I wanted, they could probably recover most of them. Well, I told them I wanted all the standard stuff, including .wavs and mp3's. Then, I realized I had saved a ton of fetish stuff on my comp so (I'm laughing at myself for real), I said very hastily to the tech, "Hey, I do a lot of allergy research, so you will find a bunch of sneezing stuff on there."

Jeez, what the hell was I thinking. heh.gif

Hahaha that's great heh.gif

Or be like "how did that happen...someone must have hacked into my computer and that's how it broke. Oops."

Archived