Sneeze Fetish Forum

Aural differences in nose-blowing?

bloom

I've been curious about this for ages and ages.

For those of you nose-blowing fetishists who have a specific gender preference, I was wondering if you could tell me if you perceive an actual audio difference between different genders blowing their noses, or if your preference just comes down to seeing or just knowing that a person is that gender. Like if you can't see the person but you hear it, does it make any difference at all? It seems to me like it wouldn't make a difference that you could hear, but obviously this isn't what I'm into, so I'm curious if there's something there I wouldn't pick up on.

I just wondered because I thought that maybe nose-blowing fetishists theoretically had twice the material. It's a silly question, I know, but if there is some kind of aural difference, I'm interested to know what it is, as someone who wouldn't pick up on the nuances of nose-blowing. :lol:

That's an interesting question.

I think blows are universal, as both men and women can have snotty blows, gurgly or honking. Take those clips that many members make on Youtube, the black screen ones, I suppose if you were to take out the sneezes and you didn't know beforehand what gender that blower was, I guess I could still make out if it was a mans' blow or a woman's. I might experiement later....

Well, being that my fetish is purely aural (meaning it doesn't matter if they are visible) I'd say that theoretically no, there isn't much discernible difference in the sound.... Sometimes I can tell by the breathing, or various utterances that they make but physically, a nose is a nose. However, I'd be lying if I told you that my enjoyment of it didn't depend on knowing that it was attached to a female, or passable trans. So, there you have it. :P

was attached to a female, or passable trans.

The way you say 'or' suggests "passable trans" are not women. Like, 'either you're female, male or your trans' which is. No. :zippy:

and on the topic, I feel like it depends on the person, cause different people just have varying ranges in vocal patterns. Nose blowing doesn't too a whole bunch for me tho so I wouldn't be like super bummed it if wound up being from the opposite gender that I was anticipating closedeyes.gif

The way you say 'or' suggests "passable trans" are not women. Like, 'either you're female, male or your trans' which is. No. mf_zippy.gif

I don't know how you read that into what I wrote, but that's not what I meant at all (nor what I think).

The way you say 'or' suggests "passable trans" are not women. Like, 'either you're female, male or your trans' which is. No. mf_zippy.gif

I don't know how you read that into what I wrote, but that's not what I meant at all (nor what I think).

It was your phraseology. You said "or passable trans" as if trans women are in a different category of women. To include trans women the only word you really need to use is "women."

It was your phraseology. You said "or passable trans" as if transwomen are in a different category of women. To include transwomen the only word you really need to use is "women."

yeah p much. Also 'trans' is not a singular noun. Someone is not 'a trans'. It's kind of the equivalent of me calling you 'a cis'. Like please just know this stuff cause i'm incredibly important if you're gonna be talking about it.

It was your phraseology. You said "or passable trans" as if transwomen are in a different category of women. To include transwomen the only word you really need to use is "women."

yeah p much. Also 'trans' is not a singular noun. Someone is not 'a trans'. It's kind of the equivalent of me calling you 'a cis'. Like please just know this stuff cause i'm incredibly important if you're gonna be talking about it.

Everything galaxy and junie have said, I second. I'd also like to add in, I personally take issue with the phrase "passable trans" to begin with. "passable" implies that some women are just pretending to be women, just by nature of that they were assigned the wrong gender at birth, but that it's okay because they're doing a good job at it. That's just not right, and it's offensive. cis-gender or trans-gender, a woman is a woman, nobody's "passing" for anything.

On the topic -- I'm not a noseblow fetishist myself, but I do love /noses/ so i tend to pay attention to them. I personally have noticed some nose SIZES make a different sound, but not so much the shape or sex of the person the nose is attached to.

yeah i've noticed the same thing about nose sizes and shapes. but for me personally, i have to know a nice loud honk is coming from a woman visually...if i hear a honk and i come to see its a man, it does nothing...but if a woman comes from where i heard it with either a red nose or a tissue in her hand, instant gratification!

It was just an abbreviation. Same concept as calling Nicholas "Nick" (or saying "p much"). Nothing derogatory intended.

Everything galaxy and junie have said, I second. I'd also like to add in, I personally take issue with the phrase "passable trans" to begin with. "passable" implies that some women are just pretending to be women, just by nature of that they were assigned the wrong gender at birth, but that it's okay because they're doing a good job at it. That's just not right, and it's offensive.

That's not what I meant at all. "passable", meaning feminine. I don't think you can deny there are some that look physically indistinguishable from those born female, and others who look like straight-up dudes. Those aren't the ones I would be sexually attracted to. I don't know how I could be any clearer on this.

*on a side note, you guys need to stop ganging up on people who unintentionally use the "wrong" choice of words. It's baseless, condescending, and defeats your own cause by making you sound like a pack of rabid word jackals waiting to pounce on any poor uninformed soul who missteps and violates your prescribed set of terminology.

Anyway, I like what Ru Paul has to say on the issue. You may discount it, seeing that he's not actually trans(-sexual) himself, however he's been a spokesperson for LGBT since Moses was in Huggies. Incidentally, Logo TV uses the term 'trans', as have several others in the history of this forum. As far as I know, no one has taken umbrage to it until now. I'm curious why you would choose to single me out and twist my words to mean something completely unfounded. Is it because of my thread in the main forum, or some personal vendetta you have against me?

No one's taking any issue with the word "trans" and no one is attacking you, we're just trying to educate you because we know you want to be a good person and we don't want you making a fool of yourself by saying totally offensive things and then trying to defend them.

saying "trans" isn't a problem, it's more how you used it-- like I can't call you "a straight" or whatever because that's not a thing, it's a describer. "trans" (meaning either transgender or transexual) is not a thing, it's a describer. there is no such thing as "a trans".

And regardless of what you intended when you said "passable trans", that is what the phrase implies.

Again, totally not personal against you, you're just saying something that is incorrect and we're trying to let you know to stop. not out of anger or meanness or anything like that, but just like if you had spinach in your teeth wouldn't you want someone to let you know?

I don't feel like we were ganging up on you. Like Amyparda said, we were just pointing out that what you said could be taken very negatively and it's not the politcally correct way to put it, and can definitely offend people. Just because three people pointed out an issue doesn't mean we're "ganging up" on you. Ganging up on you would be aggressive and openly attacking YOU personally, but we're just trying to point out that your wording and suggesting meaning was problematic. I would say the same thing to anyone making comments like that bro, it's no personal vendetta against you. I'm sure you're a cool dude, which is why we wanted to point this all out calmly, which I feel we did.

And yeah like Amy said, describing someone as trans is fine and dandy but when they become /A/ "trans" that is different. A person IS trans, they are not A trans and that's the simplest way I can put it.

Again, totally not personal against you, you're just saying something that is incorrect and we're trying to let you know to stop. not out of anger or meanness or anything like that, but just like if you had spinach in your teeth wouldn't you want someone to let you know?

and yeah this is the best way I can put it regarding you thinking we're ganging up on you

Please can we ensure that this thread stays on topic from this point onwards, rather than a back and forth debate about terminology used. Members are reminded that they should use the "report" function if they feel any rules have been broken.

Thank you for your co-operation.

No problem Joal... and point well taken, you guys. Looking back at my post, I'm sorry if I overreacted or took things personally. I've been under a lot of stress lately, so that could have factored into it as well. Transsexual it is. :cheers:

• 1 month later...

I'm more into nose blowing than sneezing, but I can't say. Honking is associated more with men, but a female can perhaps honk. I had a woman math teacher once that could honk, for example. I think it's more lung capacity, nose shape and how much stuff is in the nose, perhaps plus how the person blows that affects it. A vigorous blow will sound different than a less vigorous one.

I never noticed until I was told but I almost always gasp/moan a little after I blow my nose which gives it away as female. I doubt anyone could tell otherwise though.

Archived