Sneeze Fetish Forum

Drabble and RP Subforum

Garnet

I know that staff recently put a lot of work into re-organizing the Stories section, but how feasible would it be to put drabble threads into their own subforum, or lump it into one of the fiction sections? Some of the roleplay threads update so frequently that there are literally fifteen pages churned out within a six or seven hour period, and they're so prevalent that I often miss a lot of updates to drabble threads because of their constant bumping.

I second this. The RP threads bump up so often there isn't a chance to see Drabble threads that updated. Feels like it's getting a little out of hand.

Very much agreed, also because I feel like having every single RP post included in someone's post count is a little unfair. Perhaps the RP section could be moved to Fun and Games?

I'd also be on board with a further split - even if you subscribe to the threads you want to keep track of the RPs make that subforum move quickly enough that you'll miss brand-new content unless you're pretty fastidious about checking.

Also,

I feel like having every single RP post included in someone's post count is a little unfair.

I tend to agree with this too, just because like Fun and Games, an RP is basically a game/an activity more than it is an actual contribution, especially when it's only one-on-one and others are discouraged from joining in.

I feel like having every single RP post included in someone's post count is a little unfair.

I tend to agree with this too, just because like Fun and Games, an RP is basically a game/an activity more than it is an actual contribution, especially when it's only one-on-one and others are discouraged from joining in.

I could not agree more with everyone here, especially this. I don't even have anything further to add, I just want to throw my hat in the ring and publicly support this idea. I hope the staff takes this into consideration!

I also would like to toss in my two cents here to publicly support the idea. Whether it ends up in its own branch within 'Stories' or if it is placed in 'Fun and Games' doesn't matter to me as much, but I do feel it should be separate.

an RP is basically a game/an activity more than it is an actual contribution, especially when it's only one-on-one and others are discouraged from joining in.

And, just because I'm here, I thought I might add that I 100% agree with this statement.

So I'm not the only one who looks for drabbles and only finds RPs? :P I totally agree with Sen and Mint. A subforum under Fun & Games sounds good.

Whether it's by integrating the drabbles back into the rest of the fiction or by creating a third sub-forum, I too would be really happy to see the RPs be in their own separate location. The way it is now feels really messy to me and as others have said, it's hard to find what you're looking for.

I also think Sen makes a good point about whether it's fair for RP posts to count towards post count. I don't necessarily think they should be put into the fun and games forum, because they ARE fetish related, but because of their fast paced, high post, nature it does seem like it ends up being, in effect, post count padding.

Er, yeah...twelfth'd. Good on ye for having a blast with yer bad selves, RPers, but it gets a little tedious to sift through these threads when they pop up hundreds of times as "New Content".

• 2 weeks later...

Terribly late to the party, but I agree with this as well. It would be nice for the RP section to be it's own thing, apart from drabbles. I like the idea of it being in the fun and games section, for the post count reasons, and also because then it wouldn't keep teasing me by lighting up the "stories" section with "unread" when really, no, it's just that RP updating again.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding to this thread.

The staff have noted that a number of members have expressed concern about Roleplay posts counting towards postcounts. We believe that Roleplays are a genuine contribution to the forum and can form a legitimate "story" that other members may find enjoyable to read. As with any artform, some will be liked and some might not be, but we don't feel that it is appropriate to make any judgements in that regard and therefore all Roleplays are treated the same for postcount purposes.

We would remind members that the number of posts made by each person really only has a significant meaning for two reasons, namely:

1. At least 50 posts are needed before a member can be considered for validation.

2. Members with more than 2,000 posts are assessed for full member status.

We would like to reassure members that in both cases, we look for a contribution in many areas of the forum and posting in one area alone will not lead to any additional privileges being granted.

As far as the other point raised in this thread is concerned, the staff have discussed this before and it is currently under discussion again. We hope to be able to issue an update in due course.

Thank you for your attention.

The SFF Staff

• 2 months later...

Hello all! Hope you're doing fine. I was just wondering whether there's been more discussion of whether to give the drabbles and interactive stories a separate section from the more-active roleplay threads. :)

I think the staff decided against doing that so they probably feel that no further discussion is needed. I'm just speculating though. :)

I think the staff decided against doing that so they probably feel that no further discussion is needed. I'm just speculating though.

This is indeed merely speculation :P

Apologies for the delay in reporting back. As we all have other commitments, discussions can sometimes take longer than we would otherwise hope and some issues unfortunately get deferred for a short period of time. Having said that, I think it's fair to say that we are close to reaching a decision on this and we will let you know the outcome of our deliberations in due course.

In the meantime, we thank you for your patience.

And…the job is complete :) After (lengthy ;) ) discussion, the Staff decided that there was no harm in separating the Stories forums further and now the Drabbles and RP boards are completely divided. Huzzah!

And…the job is complete smile.png After (lengthy wink.png ) discussion, the Staff decided that there was no harm in separating the Stories forums further and now the Drabbles and RP boards are completely divided. Huzzah!

Excellent! Thank you! :D

Archived