Sneeze Fetish Forum

Name The Best Video Game Music Ever

riyona_ebooks

For me, it'seems Victory in the Dream World from Mario and Luigi Dream Team, and every Rainbow Road.

Mine has to be this:

as well as the entire soundtrack from the arcade version.

The whole Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro is the bomb too. At least 20 years ahead of its time.

*can't forget After Burner Climax on Sega CD

Last but not LEAST... RISE FM

Every single piece of music to come out of

. Ever.

I'm also quite partial to

's OST (I really need to pick this game up again), and I also love
from Kirby's Epic Yarn on it's own.

Honestly, pretty much anything Square Enix.

FFX: Thousand Words.

FFXIII: Flash, The Promise, My Hands

Kingdom Hearts: Passion, Hikari

And I'm probably forgetting some others. But seriously, these songs have all changed my life for the better at one point or another.

Final Fantasy VII, okay I win, thread over, everybody go home. tonguesmiley.gif

Somebody had to say it.

(I agree with FF7 because of One Winged Angel.)

Thirded this opinion. Aerith's Theme. Hands down.

Every single piece of music to come out of

. Ever.

100% agreed.

Also, the instrumental songs from Silent Hill 3. Not to mention every last Zelda.

I am always fond what is done with the Super Smash Bros games. The remastering of classic video game music is always amazing like this beauty of a remix of Kirby's Gourmet Race.

Probably the only games the music of which has even caught my attention are Dragon Age:Origins and Inquisition. Or at least they (and Pokémon blue and some Mario game) musics are the only ones I actually remember and I really, really like the musics in Dragon Age games a lot. So.

Final Fantasy VII, okay I win, thread over, everybody go home. :P

I LITERALLY CAME HERE JUST TO SAY FF VII. GET OUT ME HEAD.

Cosmo Canyon ftw.

:rockon:

The

soundtrack is really, hauntingly beautiful.

There's also a few World of Warcraft zone tracks that I still listen to because I love them, especially the Northrend themes.

Super Paper Mario!

Gloam Valley is my favorite 'hyper music':

The Ultimate Show is my favorite battle theme EVER, because it's so epic:

Proof of Existence is a really bittersweet and almost triumphant song that's played at the end:

I just want to add, some of the music from the first Metal Gear Solid game is

there was absolutely no reason why I was obsessed with that game growing up....

(Think I'm gonna grow to love that MGS tune)

Assassin's Creeeed.

If we're talking video game music that suits its game the best, then Red Dead Redemption.

But so much.

• 1 year later...

If this is too old to bump, then let me know.  Agreed that anything from FFVII (the Mako Reactor song, the Boss song, and the City of the Ancients stand out for me).  Seymour's final theme from FFX, the boss song from FFIV, and Kefka's theme from FFVI are also memorable stand outs from the series for me.

I also love the Resident Evil series.  Sometimes the nicest moments were save rooms such as:

or

And for old NES soundtracks, its hard to beat the Ninja Gaiden trilogy, especially this one:

Ok. God of War. Omg I feel like I'm about to do something epic with that music. 

Assassin’s Creed III! Ah...I'm at peace with that music.

The Everybody's Gone to the Rapture soundtrack is a spiritual experience, though I suppose the emotional impact is greater if you've actually played the game.

And of course, anything that came out of Nobuo Uematsu's beautiful mind.

Assassin's Creed all there music, and Tomb Raider soundtrack mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so good music slays me

On 22/07/2016 at 5:59 AM, Siegward said:

Has anyone mentioned Super Metroid yet?

Yes, it sets the mood perfectly, just amazing. Chrono Trigger has great music as well and I don't think has been mentioned.

Of games that I've played recently, I have to mention Witcher 3, here's a nice fight music

I also love the music from Super Metroid, and it's just a great game overall. I also like the music to Binding of Isaac Rebirth/Afterbirth, Super Meat Boy, Cave Story, Megaman 1-6 and 9+10 (for the most part), Doom 1 and 2.

I'm assuming someone here has said Zelda already? :)

Also, Skyrim, The Witcher 3, and Red Dead Redemption have to be among the contenders as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

How about the Mother series music? That's literally the first thing I thought of and I have a whole playlist of its music because

1. Snowman

2. Unfounded Revenge

3. Official Remastering of Snowman

4. Brawl Remix of Unfounded Revenge (its called Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise [yeah you better praise that soundtrack])

5. Mother 3 Love theme from Brawl

6. Literally almost everything Mother Vocal song, especially Pollyanna

7. THE FIGHT MUSIC IN THOSE GAMES ARE AWESOME (My favorite is Family Matters Second Movement from Mother 3)

8. The town music is so good in Earthbound (Favorites for me are Twoson and Fourside)

9. Melee Remix of Bein' Friends from Mother/Earthbound Beginnings

10. Melee Remix of Fourside

(I could go on forever about this series's  music but I need to stop now ?)

And I'm sure someone's already said the Kirby soundtrack because its pretty awesome and catchy too. I love it.

And the remixes in the Smash Bros games are SO GOOD too.

Oh, and the Persona soundtrack is just thumbs up. Perfect. Atlas did an awesome job with it. (Overused word of the post is awesome I know) I listen to it in spare time every so often when I'm not listening to the other ones.

I've been going on too long about these soundtracks ?. I'm done now

Archived