Sneeze Fetish Forum

Question about story content

AltoFairy

So I have a question about content that can be in stories. Since talking about mental health and stuff on here is mostly limited to being only in support group board, is general content involving aspects or elements of mental illness allowed within stories? If so, does it have to be in a private board?

Thanks a ton. If this is answered somewhere else, my apologies, I couldn't seem to find anything. Same with this being in the right place or not, I wasn't sure.

Not a mod so I don't know the exact official line, but I think the mental health stuff is mostly limited to the support group board so that nobody says anything unkind to somebody who is already in a vulnerable state mentally.

What I would do in your position, I think, is have a disclaimer at the top of the story before it begins properly, something like "This story contains talk of depression and suicidal ideation [or whatever issues] so if you are sensitive to that kind of material you might want to take a pass on this," just to give people a head's up that your story has that kind of content and they're not blindsided by it.

Yeah I agree with having a disclaimer. I recently wrote a story that had joking about suicide and actual suicide in it which was appropriate to the story because the main character was a type of immortal that couldn't die permanently, but I still put a disclaimer at the top of the first post so that anyone reading it would know it had that kind of content and could avoid it if they wanted to.

There's no explicit rule against it, but yes, it is a good idea to include a warning specifying that there is sensitive content for those who may want to avoid certain issues.

If you'd feel more comfortable with Staff reviewing the story before you post, we're happy to do that too. You can PM it to me if you'd like.

There's no explicit rule against it, but yes, it is a good idea to include a warning specifying that there is sensitive content for those who may want to avoid certain issues.

If you'd feel more comfortable with Staff reviewing the story before you post, we're happy to do that too. You can PM it to me if you'd like.

Thank you! I don't plan to go very in depth if I do end up writing the story, so just a disclaimer should be okay, but if that changes I will! Thanks again :)

Archived