Sneeze Fetish Forum

Can I Read Your Mind?

ICan'tThinkOfAnything

Some of you may have heard of this trick before. If you can resist the urge, please don't scroll down to see the result of this riddle. This does require basic math skills.

1. Think of a number 1-10

2. Multiply this number by 9

3. Add the two digits of your number together, even if one of those digits is 0.

4. Take your new number and subtract 5.

6. There is a letter that corresponds to your number. 1 is A, 2 is B, 3 is C, and so on. You no longer need to remember your number once you have your letter in mind.

7. Think of a country starting with your letter.

8. Take the LAST letter of your country and think of an animal that starts with that number.

9. Still remember your country and animal? Good! Now take the last letter of your ANIMAL and think of a color starting with that letter.

The problem is, you'll never find an orange kangaroo in Denmark.

Did it work? Did I read your mind? Or did I completely miss the mark?

... woah. :omg::laugh:

I'm guessing that the numbers thing is designed so that people always end up with a 4, and then Denmark is the most well-known of very few countries beginning with a D (there's the Dominican Republic, of course, but I totally had to look that one up).

Very clever, nonetheless!

I got an azure iguana in Djibouti! But I've done one of these before and knew not to pick an obvious country :)

Haha! I got alpaca in Austria! Although an orange kangaroo in Denmark sounds better!

If you got Austria, you did the math wrong somewhere. The trick is designed so no matter what number you choose, you'll end up with 4=D.

I got an amber koala in Denmark. Sorry. :/

If you got Austria, you did the math wrong somewhere. The trick is designed so no matter what number you choose, you'll end up with 4=D.

Haha, yeah! I am really bad at math so that doesn't suprise me!

I'm going to do it again.

*Goes and does it again*

Ohhhh! I got it! Yay! Hehe, yeah, it was my math. 5x9 is not 40!

• 3 months later...

I got an apple red koala in Denmark XD

I got an aqua koala in Denmark. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping back in to say that i was thinking of different things one could conceivably come up with and that my favorite so far is a keppel aardvark from dominica

• 4 months later...

Archived